+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
May bachelors degree po ako ng Culinary Arts in Cruise Line operations. Yung intended course ko naman po is Professional Cooking. Dapat po HRM kaso wala na pong available seat kaya napunta po ako ng Professional Cooking which is closer to my previous course
That I'm sure is also the reason of refusal on your end. Safe to get the GCMS notes but start working on your study plan na.

maxwell143

Aug 18, 2019
Hello po. Ask ko lang po sana if someone here applied for an institution in Alberta? How did you get your ASN or Alberta Student Number po? I hope someone can help po. Thank you po

mrsm2016

May 19, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016 AOR2: 02-08-2016
File Transfer...
28-07-2016
Med's Done....
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
20-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2016 VOH: 05-01-2017
LANDED..........
18-01-2017
Reactions: perlita1990

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
:DHello guys! Allow me to share with you my timeline including my first application which was refused. (Lengthy but I hope this helps those who are still in the process)

June 3- Upfront medical
June 6- Lodge online application, SDS
June 7- Biometrics collection letter
June 11- Done biometrics
June 18- Medicals passed
June 20- Correspondence letter for Biometrics and refusal, reason below:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

July 8- Revised offer letter for Jan 2020 intake, initially applied for Fall intake at Centennial College
July 9- Requested for GCMS notes on the detailed reason for refusal; although by this time I have already figured out that it had to do with my study plan and possibly my Bachelor’s degree here in PH.
Aug 9- Received my GCMS notes, indeed the only reason stated was because of my Bachelors.
Sept 3- Lodged online application, SDS route, Note: no changes in my documents except for my study plan.
Sept 5- Date of the passport request letter, but I read it Sept 7. ( YES, approval only 1day after submitting!!!)
Note: because I have a visa consultant, the application was through them. i was just adamant this time to have access to my GCKey so i know what’s the status. This was not the case during my first application, I waited till they had updates regarding my application.

So, it took me awhile to know whether I was approved or not. I had a mini panic attack when I saw that I have a passport request letter. I immediately emailed my consultant, but no response of course, since it was late in the evening on a Saturday when I found out. (Although, as I write this, I’m still waiting for her response on what I should do next, :confused:)

Anyway, I was given options prior to my reapplication. Either, I stick to my program and write a REALLY strong SOP or change my program and go into detail why I needed to. After much thoughts and prayers, as well as going over the school’s available programs, I decided to reapply with the same program (I have degree in HRM here in PH, applied for Hospitality- Hotel Operations Management program).
I had family, friends and even some forum people (shout out to ms. @lilliecutie ) help me out with my study plan. My visa consultant and I went back and forth for weeks before we had the final paper. Because unlike the first time, I didn’t give my SOP much attention, thinking my visa consultant knows better might as well follow. Lots of patience, highfalutin words :D:D:D and four pages later, I got approved! Hallelujah! :)

So there you go, hope this is something helpful to those who went through the same process as me.

Praise and honor to our Lord for guiding and giving me wisdom during the entire process.
God bless to all those who are processing and waiting for results. ;)

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
Once I submit my passport for stamping, how long does it take before they return it? Do you wait for a notification that it's ready for pick up? Or do they tell you already when to go back when you drop it off?

Meenal@123

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
:DHello guys! Allow me to share with you my timeline including my first application which was refused. (Lengthy but I hope this helps those who are still in the process)

June 3- Upfront medical
June 11- Done biometrics
June 18- Medicals passed
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

July 8- Revised offer letter for Jan 2020 intake, initially applied for Fall intake at Centennial College
July 9- Requested for GCMS notes on the detailed reason for refusal; although by this time I have already figured out that it had to do with my study plan and possibly my Bachelor’s degree here in PH.
Aug 9- Received my GCMS notes, indeed the only reason stated was because of my Bachelors.
Sept 3- Lodged online application, SDS route, Note: no changes in my documents except for my study plan.
Sept 5- Date of the passport request letter, but I read it Sept 7. ( YES, approval only 1day after submitting!!!)
Note: because I have a visa consultant, the application was through them. i was just adamant this time to have access to my GCKey so i know what’s the status. This was not the case during my first application, I waited till they had updates regarding my application.

So, it took me awhile to know whether I was approved or not. I had a mini panic attack when I saw that I have a passport request letter. I immediately emailed my consultant, but no response of course, since it was late in the evening on a Saturday when I found out. (Although, as I write this, I’m still waiting for her response on what I should do next, :confused:)

Anyway, I was given options prior to my reapplication. Either, I stick to my program and write a REALLY strong SOP or change my program and go into detail why I needed to. After much thoughts and prayers, as well as going over the school’s available programs, I decided to reapply with the same program (I have degree in HRM here in PH, applied for Hospitality- Hotel Operations Management program).
I had family, friends and even some forum people (shout out to ms. @lilliecutie ) help me out with my study plan. My visa consultant and I went back and forth for weeks before we had the final paper. Because unlike the first time, I didn’t give my SOP much attention, thinking my visa consultant knows better might as well follow. Lots of patience, highfalutin words :D:D:D and four pages later, I got approved! Hallelujah! :)

So there you go, hope this is something helpful to those who went through the same process as me.

Praise and honor to our Lord for guiding and giving me wisdom during the entire process.
Congratulations... If OK with you, could you please share your sop for reference as I also got 2 recent refusals as my case is similar... Plz mail it on meenalsandhu11@gmail.com. Thanks

Reactions: perlita1990

joeyeoj

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Once I submit my passport for stamping, how long does it take before they return it? Do you wait for a notification that it's ready for pick up? Or do they tell you already when to go back when you drop it off?
VFS will send you notifications (text & email) for every status update.

My timeline on this is strangely fast. Submitted my passport yesterday and I got notification that it is ready for collection today. Ang alam ko 14 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: noelvictoria

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019

My timeline on this is strangely fast. Submitted my passport yesterday and I got notification that it is ready for collection today. Ang alam ko 14 days.
Wow, that was fast. I'll bring my passport to VFS tomorrow. Hopefully I get it fast as well.

Thank you!

Reactions: joeyeoj

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019

Did you personally hand in your passport? Also, which VFS location did you submit?

cftos

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
08-02-2021
Med's Done....
22-01-2021
Passport Req..
02-04-2021

June 3- Upfront medical
June 11- Done biometrics
June 18- Medicals passed

I had family, friends and even some forum people (shout out to ms. @lilliecutie ) help me out with my study plan. My visa consultant and I went back and forth for weeks before we had the final paper. Because unlike the first time, I didn’t give my SOP much attention, thinking my visa consultant knows better might as well follow. Lots of patience, highfalutin words :D:D:Dand four pages later, I got approved! Hallelujah! :)

Congratulations po @perlita1990 :) By lodged online, did you mean online kayo nag apply? Sorry po, dumb question, haha. Paano niyo po sinubmit yung SOP? Through the IRCC web form po ba like what others did? I plan to take a graduate certificate in Global Business Management po pala in Centennial College for Fall 2020. If okay lang po, maaari po bang makita ang SOP niyo for reference?

Last edited: