+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

joeyeoj

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Hi po!

I have a question regarding sa SDS. Pinapasubmit na sakin yung passport ko, does this mean approved na ko kahit wala pa kong SOP? Hindi kasi hiningi sakin eh

Final decision
  • Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.
Congratulations! Same din sa akin, hindi hiningi yung SOP.

Reactions: DianneS97

joeyeoj

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Share ko lang po kung ano ang pina-upload sa akin when I applied online for SDS. Initially, they only asked for documents 1-9. A couple of days later, they asked for #10 and #11. Yung #10, di ko matandaan kung nagkamali ako nung naguupload ng doc or talagang hindi pa hiningi upon submission of application. Pero you have to pay for the biometrics fee separately, they will send you a link on how to pay for this.

1. Education Transcript of Records

2. Proof of GIC - you will receive a confirmation from the bank. sa case ng Scotiabank, when you open a GIC account, they will create a secure email for you and dun nila ipapadala yung confirmation.

3. Proof of Tuition Payment - full payment of your first year of study, if 1-year program lang bale full tuition na ito. ang binayad ko is tuition fee + health insurance kasi yun nakalagay sa Fee Statement na binigay sakin ng Seneca College.

4. IELTS - Test Result Form

5. Letter of Acceptance

6. Passport

7. Digital Photo

8. Proof of upfront medical exam - ito yung eMedical Information Sheet na binigay sakin ng IOM

9. Family Information form (IMM5645)

10. Payment Receipt (Biometrics)

11. Police Certificate

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Hi.. may final decision na, and sadly refused for the 3rd time. The reason is Purpose of Visit only. I can't understand what do they mean by that
Hi Maam,
Sorry to hear that, probably it has something to do with your SOP, that was my reason for refusal also eh. And the advise was to get GCMS notes and reapply with stronger SOP.

DianneS97

Aug 9, 2019
App. Filed.......
25-07-2019
Congratulations!!!...meant for you...younwere approved even without the SOP....am just confused what the visa officers are reaaly looking into because most of what inhave read here, a strong SOP is an important factor for visa approval...if you wont mind, may i know your profile? thank you
Thank you! I submitted the normal documents they ask for (proof of GIC, medical, IELTS, TOR, etc etc) then nagsubmit ako ng biometrics nung July 31. Nag "approved" yung medical ko August 11 and then yung sumunod na update dun September 3 na, hinihingi yung NBI. Then I received the passport request letter the day after. Actually, late na nga ako, I was planning on leaving before September because classes started Sept 4 huhu

Reactions: Anyw

SDSstudent

Aug 26, 2019
Thank you! I submitted the normal documents they ask for (proof of GIC, medical, IELTS, TOR, etc etc) then nagsubmit ako ng biometrics nung July 31. Nag "approved" yung medical ko August 11 and then yung sumunod na update dun September 3 na, hinihingi yung NBI. Then I received the passport request letter the day after. Actually, late na nga ako, I was planning on leaving before September because classes started Sept 4 huhu
Congratz, may I know is it the SDS online and did CPC Edmonton process your file? Thanks.

ErikaLouise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Cavite
Visa Office......
Makati
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
Doc's Request.
01-08-2019
Hi Maam,
Sorry to hear that, probably it has something to do with your SOP, that was my reason for refusal also eh. And the advise was to get GCMS notes and reapply with stronger SOP.
Hello po.. yes po kukuha ako ng gcms notes.. and plan ng tita ko na ireapply ako for 2020 intake since nagstart na yung intake ko dapat... SOP din po yata talaga yung problema since yung ibang reasons for refusal before nasagot ko na, ito na lang din po talaga .. plan ko din magchange ng course kasi baka dahil yung course na napili ko, less than a year lang.

perlita1990

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Hello po.. yes po kukuha ako ng gcms notes.. and plan ng tita ko na ireapply ako for 2020 intake since nagstart na yung intake ko dapat... SOP din po yata talaga yung problema since yung ibang reasons for refusal before nasagot ko na, ito na lang din po talaga .. plan ko din magchange ng course kasi baka dahil yung course na napili ko, less than a year lang.
If you don't mind me asking, what's your intended program in Canada and your course here?
For me, they refused my application because I already have a bachelors degree in HRM. But Im still pushing for the Hospitality program with strong SOP lng. We deferred mine also from Sept to January intake.

Reactions: ErikaLouise

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Thank you for your reply...may i ask if you prepared the SOP, but was not asked from you when you did the online application?...if you wont mind my asking, ano po background nyo? Your age, degree, work, and course you’ll take in Canada...just curious on the factors on your visa approval...thanks again

ErikaLouise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Cavite
Visa Office......
Makati
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
Doc's Request.
01-08-2019
If you don't mind me asking, what's your intended program in Canada and your course here?
For me, they refused my application because I already have a bachelors degree in HRM. But Im still pushing for the Hospitality program with strong SOP lng. We deferred mine also from Sept to January intake.
May bachelors degree po ako ng Culinary Arts in Cruise Line operations. Yung intended course ko naman po is Professional Cooking. Dapat po HRM kaso wala na pong available seat kaya napunta po ako ng Professional Cooking which is closer to my previous course

cftos

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
08-02-2021
Med's Done....
22-01-2021
Passport Req..
02-04-2021
Hi everyone. I was supposed to apply for a study permit earlier this year but I didn't push through with my application because of insufficient funds. My family's main source of income is farming. Would our livelihood be a reason for refusal? Since mas nakakaangat sa buhay yung uncle ko, he presented to help with my studies. So next year, I'm hoping to be admitted for the Fall intake of Global Business Management program at Centennial College, and start my application for the SDS either by April or May. My question is, has anybody here explicitly stated (in their IMM1294 and Statement of Purpose) that their studies will be sponsored by someone other than yourself or your parents? In my case, my parents will be funding my GIC but my paternal uncle will be the one covering for my tuition and other miscellaneous expenses. As per my accommodation, I will be staying under the same roof as my paternal aunt who is a Canadian citizen. I'm already collating the requirements as early as now so it'll be all set when the time comes, but I'm really lost at the moment ☹ If I am to declare all of this, what supplementary documents should I provide? For my uncle, would a sponsorship declaration plus bank statements suffice? For my aunt, is the letter of invitation applicable? Would having an aunt in Canada be a reason to refusal?

Also, I find the SDS quite confusing dahil I've read that although you have proof of one year tuition fee paid and a GIC equivalent to CAD 10K, other proofs of financial capacity would still be needed, but it would vary per case? If I already have a GIC with me, is it still necessary to show bank statements and such? I'm hesitant to opt for the regular stream because I believe that my best bet would be SDS. Sorry for this long ass post, but I'd really appreciate it if anyone could shed a light, please po. Thank you very much.

P.S. Anybody lurking here with plans of studying for September 2020 as well? Message me!

joeyeoj

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
May bachelors degree po ako ng Culinary Arts in Cruise Line operations. Yung intended course ko naman po is Professional Cooking. Dapat po HRM kaso wala na pong available seat kaya napunta po ako ng Professional Cooking which is closer to my previous course
Hi, are you considering choosing a program that would help you further advance your career or would give you a specialized skill? May nabasa kasi ako before dito sa thread and sa ibang pages online na they’re also looking at the program you’re going to take. Sa pagkakaintindi ko better na pili ka ng program na mas complementary sa degree/line of work mo.

Reactions: ErikaLouise

joeyeoj

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Hi everyone. I was supposed to apply for a study permit earlier this year but I didn't push through with my application because of insufficient funds. My family's main source of income is farming. Would our livelihood be a reason for refusal? Since mas nakakaangat sa buhay yung uncle ko, he presented to help with my studies. So next year, I'm hoping to be admitted for the Fall intake of Global Business Management program at Centennial College, and start my application for the SDS either by April or May. My question is, has anybody here explicitly stated (in their IMM1294 and Statement of Purpose) that their studies will be sponsored by someone other than yourself or your parents? In my case, my parents will be funding my GIC but my paternal uncle will be the one covering for my tuition and other miscellaneous expenses. As per my accommodation, I will be staying under the same roof as my paternal aunt who is a Canadian citizen. I'm already collating the requirements as early as now so it'll be all set when the time comes, but I'm really lost at the moment ☹ If I am to declare all of this, what supplementary documents should I provide? For my uncle, would a sponsorship declaration plus bank statements suffice? For my aunt, is the letter of invitation applicable? Would having an aunt in Canada be a reason to refusal?

Also, I find the SDS quite confusing dahil I've read that although you have proof of one year tuition fee paid and a GIC equivalent to CAD 10K, other proofs of financial capacity would still be needed, but it would vary per case? If I already have a GIC with me, is it still necessary to show bank statements and such? I'm hesitant to opt for the regular stream because I believe that my best bet would be SDS. Sorry for this long ass post, but I'd really appreciate it if anyone could shed a light, please po. Thank you very much.

P.S. Anybody lurking here with plans of studying for September 2020 as well? Message me!
i’m not sure if it varies for every case pero my cousin and I applied through SDS, and in both of our applications, they didn’t ask for other proof of financial capacity. I listed all the docs that they required me to upload. Other than those docs, as in wala na sila hiningi. And if they need more documents, they’ll notify you naman.

Our uncle is a Canadian citizen and doon din kami titira. We prepared a statement of support + tax docs from my uncle pero hindi rin naman hiningi.

Reactions: cftos

ErikaLouise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Cavite
Visa Office......
Makati
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
Doc's Request.
01-08-2019
Hi, are you considering choosing a program that would help you further advance your career or would give you a specialized skill? May nabasa kasi ako before dito sa thread and sa ibang pages online na they’re also looking at the program you’re going to take. Sa pagkakaintindi ko better na pili ka ng program na mas complementary sa degree/line of work mo.
Hello po... Iniisip ko po if pwede kong kunin yung Food and Nutrition Management... Sa list of course po kasi nung school, limited lang po yung available for international.students and yung pasok sa line of work ko..