+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Aninej_nohce

Jul 24, 2019
Hey @roks Congrats!

Hi guys!

Just wanted to share that my VISA was already APROVED today. Grabe after how many weeks of waiting, still can't describe the feeling!

This is also an encouragement for everyone. Sa hirap na napagdaanan nyo,pag sayo sayo. KEEP THE FAITH!

Thank you guys for sharing your experience. Godbless for our next journey! Sobrang mahal na ng ticket. Sana makakita tayo ng mura..

Melvin026

Aug 5, 2019
Hello guys. Nilalakad ko na requirements ko for my student visa application. Tanong ko lang sana kung ung bank statement is ok lng kubg savings account fron bpi?.. my agency will submit my application pag natapos ko ito. Anyone? Btw im taking LEAP program on langara college. Already paid my tuition and meron narin loa

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
I checked the list of banks for GIC kasi, and yun nga CIBC turned out to be better. Plus din kasi they allow US dollars for the transaction. although you need to have an existing account here in the Phils for that. Mine was with BDO. Another plus is, minor errors on the form is not a big deal unlike “daw” sa Scotia.
May i ask if the existing acct here in the Phil should also be a dollar account?

lilliecutie

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Manila
May i ask if the existing acct here in the Phil should also be a dollar account?
no, not necessarily. your bank will provide you with the conversion for the day, and get your consent, ask you if it's a go or no go. Conversion changes almost on a daily basis around the time I paid my tuition and wired money for my GIC using my BPI peso checking account.

Reactions: Anyw

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
no, not necessarily. your bank will provide you with the conversion for the day, and get your consent, ask you if it's a go or no go. Conversion changes almost on a daily basis around the time I paid my tuition and wired money for my GIC using my BPI peso checking account.
Thank you very much for your prompt reply...much appreciated

Reactions: lilliecutie

lopi14

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Hey @roks Congrats!

Hi guys!

Just wanted to share that my VISA was already APROVED today. Grabe after how many weeks of waiting, still can't describe the feeling!

This is also an encouragement for everyone. Sa hirap na napagdaanan nyo,pag sayo sayo. KEEP THE FAITH!

Thank you guys for sharing your experience. Godbless for our next journey! Sobrang mahal na ng ticket. Sana makakita tayo ng mura..
Congrats to you, Aninej_nohce! ♡

Reactions: ErikaLouise

lopi14

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
My spreadsheet for this season is now officially closed. Rok's and Aninej_nohce's application were the last two on our list. There weee 4 forummates with no updates.

I'll create a new one for the upcoming Winter 2020 intake. Again, God bless to those heading to Canada this intake. To those who will re-apply, like me, laban lang po tayo! ♡

We'll defer further to Fall 2020 term.

eriiiin

Jul 21, 2019
This is kind of off-topic, but has anyone here registered in Centennial College? I want to know how to check my schedule. I already paid half of the tuition. Thank you in advance! :)

Reactions: perlita1990

lilliecutie

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Manila
My spreadsheet for this season is now officially closed. Rok's and Aninej_nohce's application were the last two on our list. There weee 4 forummates with no updates.

I'll create a new one for the upcoming Winter 2020 intake. Again, God bless to those heading to Canada this intake. To those who will re-apply, like me, laban lang po tayo! ♡

We'll defer further to Fall 2020 term.
Thanks for everything, Lopi! Best of luck to you and your family for fall 2020!

Reactions: lopi14 and mrsm2016

Melvin026

Aug 5, 2019
Hello guys. Nilalakad ko na requirements ko for my student visa application. Tanong ko lang sana kung ung bank statement is ok lng kubg savings account fron bpi?.. my agency will submit my application pag natapos ko ito. Anyone? Btw im taking LEAP program on langara college. Already paid my tuition and meron narin loa

Anyone guys?

elala

Aug 4, 2019
Anyone guys?
Bpi is a commercial bank/universal bank in the Philippines so its okay. However, the saving account must be yours or with your sponsor. If the funds are coming from the business, it is better to show the funds from business savings account. In addition, submit 4-6mos old transactions bank certs.