+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Jul 22, 2019
Hello, pano po yung procedure ng upfront medical?

isang question pa po, yung mga diploma course/advanced certificate ay valid sya for PR application? or dapat masteral ang kunin?

eriiiin

Jul 21, 2019
Hi! I'm new here. I just want to ask how long does it take for them to process my student visa application. I just submitted my biometrics on July 19 to VFC, they told me to wait for the email request for me to submit my passport. (I'm applying through agency)

I already paid for the tuition fee and is expected to start on Fall, September. Not sure if I'm going to make it. :(
Does it really take 6 weeks?

lilliecutie

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Manila
Hi! I'm new here. I just want to ask how long does it take for them to process my student visa application. I just submitted my biometrics on July 19 to VFC, they told me to wait for the email request for me to submit my passport. (I'm applying through agency)

I already paid for the tuition fee and is expected to start on Fall, September. Not sure if I'm going to make it. :(
Does it really take 6 weeks?
Study direct stream po ba ‘yung path niyo? Kung SDS po it only takes 20 days, and it seems that they stay in integrity with that timeframe most of the time; sometimes they even underpromise and overdeliver. That’s if they don’t need any addition documents from you. Kung regular stream naman po, nabasa ko sa website ng IRCC that from the original 6-week timeframe, it’s now down to 4 weeks. Good luck on your application po! :)

lilliecutie

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Manila

isang question pa po, yung mga diploma course/advanced certificate ay valid sya for PR application? or dapat masteral ang kunin?
Pag po upfront medical, I suggest you first call the accredited physician/clinic/hospital to set an appointment. That’s what i did when I prepared to have my upfront medical done at IOM in Trafalgar Bldg.

As for the diploma course or advanced certificate, ang ibig sabihin niyo po ba ng PR application is Express Entry? Ang alam ko po minimum requirement for that is Bachelor’s Degree. But if you have advanced studies on top of that such as a master’s degree, your points go up.

Reactions: roks

eriiiin

Jul 21, 2019
Study direct stream po ba ‘yung path niyo? Kung SDS po it only takes 20 days, and it seems that they stay in integrity with that timeframe most of the time; sometimes they even underpromise and overdeliver. That’s if they don’t need any addition documents from you. Kung regular stream naman po, nabasa ko sa website ng IRCC that from the original 6-week timeframe, it’s now down to 4 weeks. Good luck on your application po! :)
Sorry for asking hehe but what's study direct stream? And what's the difference between direct and regular?

Catpaws14

Star Member
Sep 3, 2017
What a blast this week! Total of 5 forummates got their visas!

Congratulations, nursenow!

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎
Updated forecast:
  1. catpaws14 (July 20)《yours is upnext ♡》
  2. mrsm2016 (July 28)
  3. rain143 (Aug 01)
  4. lopi14 (Aug 04)
  5. roks (Aug 11)
Disclaimer: forecasted dates lang po ito. Plus/minus 2 days. SDS processing takes about 21 + 7 days, while Reg Stream takes about 28 + 7 days.

SP + OWP common law (Regular stream Online)

Application Lodged - June 19
Medical Passed - June 20
Biometrics Updated - June 20
Biometrics Correspondence Letter - July 22 AM
PPR - July 22 PM

Thank God :) Maktub!

PS. For those in doubt if they should apply:
Course Culinary Management, different from work experience and from my Bachelor's degree (Political Science) - I was able to defend this on my SOP and attached photos of my culinary skills from home-cooked meals :) recently refused PR, provided LOE for this.

So, dual intent and course can be answered in SOP 2 pages and Letter of Explanation. If you need help in reviewing your SOP and letter of explanation, I'd be happy to help.

Meenal@123

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019

Medical Passed - June 20
PPR - July 22 PM

Course Culinary Management, different from work experience and from my Bachelor's degree (Political Science) - I was able to defend this on my SOP and attached photos of my culinary skills from home-cooked meals :) recently refused PR, provided LOE for this.

So, dual intent and course can be answered in SOP 2 pages and Letter of Explanation. If you need help in reviewing your SOP and letter of explanation, I'd be happy to help.
Really an example and a ray of hope for many... Have a blessed future ahead.

Booboo14

Jul 20, 2019

Medical Passed - June 20
PPR - July 22 PM

Congrats po! God bless and good luck on your journey. This is an attestment that nothing is impossible in life.

lilliecutie

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Manila
Sorry for asking hehe but what's study direct stream? And what's the difference between direct and regular?
Perhaps regular stream po 'yung sa inyo. Otherwise, the agency would introduce you to the term SDS if they took the SDS route to process your application. Sa SDS po some of the main requirements are proof of payment of first full year's tuition, guaranteed investment certificate (GIC) amounting to at least 10,000 CAD, upfront medical... the upside is you're not required to present other financial documents with SDS since there's GIC to cover that.

Last edited:

lopi14

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........

Medical Passed - June 20
PPR - July 22 PM

Hugs sent your way, catpaws14! Congrats and God bless you both on your new adventure in life.

Omg mrsm2016, week mo na ito!!! Rain and roks, ang lapit na ng August!

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎
Updated forecast:
  1. mrsm2016 (July 28)《yours is upnext ♡》
  2. rain143 (Aug 01)
  3. lopi14 (Aug 04)
  4. roks (Aug 11)
Disclaimer: forecasted dates lang po ito. Plus/minus 2 days. SDS processing takes about 21 + 7 days, while Reg Stream takes about 28 + 7 days.

PS: ung gusto magpadagdag sa list, kindly share your timeline :)

rchldcv

Jul 7, 2019
Hi @lopi14

Pls see my timeline below.

Thanks

Type: SDS online
Lodged Date: July 3
Medical- upfrony
Biometrics Req Date: received bio request on July 3 and completed it at VFS on July 10
Medical Passed: no advice on this yet
Biometrics Enrolment Date: July 10
Review of Eligibility Date: no advice on this yet
Final Decision Date:
PPR Date:

roks

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019

For upfront Medical IOM at Makati is one of the accredited clinic na pwede nyong puntahan. You need to have the schedule first, tapos sila na po ang mageemail and cocontact sa inyo and magreremind even po ung requirements sasabihin din nila.

It took me almost 2 hours po madali naman po kung maaga ka makakarating and kung okay yung shot ng XRAY mo para hindi paulit ulit mejo mahigpit po kasi sila. I paid 8k kase wala naman na ding hininging tests or additional referrals, but bring extra money na din po just in case.

roks

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hugs sent your way, catpaws14! Congrats and God bless you both on your new adventure in life.

Omg mrsm2016, week mo na ito!!! Rain and roks, ang lapit na ng August!

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎
Updated forecast:
  1. mrsm2016 (July 28)《yours is upnext ♡》
  2. rain143 (Aug 01)
  3. lopi14 (Aug 04)
  4. roks (Aug 11)

PS: ung gusto magpadagdag sa list, kindly share your timeline :)
Congrats @Catpaws14! So happy for you. Grabe ang paghihintay pero worth it! Sana mag August na. Hihi.