+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

ErikaLouise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Cavite
Visa Office......
Makati
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
Doc's Request.
01-08-2019
Yes, a peso account with BPI is okay. They'll inform you of the conversion and get your consent before they proceed with the wire. Fees are rather steep though, but I think that's the case naman for most PH banks talaga.
How much is the fee for wire transfer usually? So I have an idea hehe thanks

Booboo14

Jul 20, 2019
Hello po mga kabayan. I’d like to ask for your advice regarding my case. I would really appreciate it. I’m a graduate of BS Biology since 2013 and as of now I’m employed as sales associate and a resident here in Qatar. I never had a work experience related to my studies. However, I’m planning to take medical office Assistant program in Canada which is very much related to my studies. Do you think I have a chance to get approval?

roks

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hello po mga kabayan. I’d like to ask for your advice regarding my case. I would really appreciate it. I’m a graduate of BS Biology since 2013 and as of now I’m employed as sales associate and a resident here in Qatar. I never had a work experience related to my studies. However, I’m planning to take medical office Assistant program in Canada which is very much related to my studies. Do you think I have a chance to get approval?
I think mas okay po na related to your current work po ninyo. There would be a high chance na iapprove ni Canada na ung pag aaralan mo is makkaimprove to what you're doing right now. Tip lamang po ito from my agent. Kase you will include to your SOP din po why you wanted to study that course and why in Canada..

Booboo14

Jul 20, 2019
I think mas okay po na related to your current work po ninyo. There would be a high chance na iapprove ni Canada na ung pag aaralan mo is makkaimprove to what you're doing right now. Tip lamang po ito from my agent. Kase you will include to your SOP din po why you wanted to study that course and why in Canada..
Maraming salamat po sa advice. This will help a lot in making my next step. God bless po kabayan

Reactions: nursesnow and roks

gwentysomething

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Hey guys! Sorry I have a slightly off topic question. Hehe.. Is MMR vaccination required before entering canada? I dont have my vaccination history anymore. And hindi naman ako binigyan ng vaccine nung nagpa medical ako sa st lukes..

Reactions: nursesnow

lilliecutie

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Manila
How much is the fee for wire transfer usually? So I have an idea hehe thanks
I don't remember exactly how much the fees were kasi when I checked my online banking, hindi naka-breakdown. Basta from what I remember, na--underestimate ko 'yung conversion from PHP to CAD + the fees when I did a wire transfer to the Canadian bank for GIC. Halos 14,000 'yung overbudget ko because biglang bumagsak 'yung piso tapos mas mataas 'yung fees since may intermediary bank (which was Citibank), which acts as a "middle man" to move funds from BPI to the receiving Canadian bank.

Reactions: ErikaLouise

lilliecutie

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Manila
Hey guys! Sorry I have a slightly off topic question. Hehe.. Is MMR vaccination required before entering canada? I dont have my vaccination history anymore. And hindi naman ako binigyan ng vaccine nung nagpa medical ako sa st lukes..
Not sure how the medical works for regular stream. But for the upfront medical kasi for SDS, wala namang ni-require na vaccines. Sa IOM po ako nagpa-medical. Even when I received my study permit approval from IRCC, wala rin namang instructions with regard to such prerequisites to enter their country. I don't have my vaccination history anymore either. My mom just said I definitely had my MMR shot as a kid, haha. Ang regular ko na lang na napapagawa ngayon 'yung annual flu shots. Hehe.

roks

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Not sure how the medical works for regular stream. But for the upfront medical kasi for SDS, wala namang ni-require na vaccines. Sa IOM po ako nagpa-medical. Even when I received my study permit approval from IRCC, wala rin namang instructions with regard to such prerequisites to enter their country. I don't have my vaccination history anymore either. My mom just said I definitely had my MMR shot as a kid, haha. Ang regular ko na lang na napapagawa ngayon 'yung annual flu shots. Hehe.
Same here IOM din po ako nagpamedical wala naman din silang requirements or instruction about vaccines.

Ome my friend, student naman po siya sa Australia, I think nirequire siya. Pero Canada, wala pa naman po akong narinig about that..

lopi14

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
gwentysomething,

I had my MMR booster shot at St. Lukes Bocobo back in 2014. My siblings and I were asked to get that vaccine. So, we all got the vaccine the same day. This year, when I and my wife (plus two kids) had our medical at St Lukes BGC, we were told that MMR booster shot is a requirement before submitting the medical results to IRCC. My MMR shot in 2014 was okay. My firstborn had the vaccine 2 years ago (we brought his baby book as proof). They had it photocopied. My youngest and my wife had their booster shot 4 days later. So, I had to bring back the vaccination certificate. I passed my medical on July 7th. My wife and my youngest son passed theirs on July 10th.

Anyway, I guess you dont have to worry about the vaccine. You passed the medical exam. Im not just sure if your uni/college will ask for your immunization history.

mrsm2016

May 19, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016 AOR2: 02-08-2016
File Transfer...
28-07-2016
Med's Done....
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
20-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2016 VOH: 05-01-2017
LANDED..........
18-01-2017
gwentysomething,

I had my MMR booster shot at St. Lukes Bocobo back in 2014. My siblings and I were asked to get that vaccine. So, we all got the vaccine the same day. This year, when I and my wife (plus two kids) had our medical at St Lukes BGC, we were told that MMR booster shot is a requirement before submitting the medical results to IRCC. My MMR shot in 2014 was okay. My firstborn had the vaccine 2 years ago (we brought his baby book as proof). They had it photocopied. My youngest and my wife had their booster shot 4 days later. So, I had to bring back the vaccination certificate. I passed my medical on July 7th. My wife and my youngest son passed theirs on July 10th.

Anyway, I guess you dont have to worry about the vaccine. You passed the medical exam. Im not just sure if your uni/college will ask for your immunization history.
MMR vaccines in St. Lukes Bocobo was confusing before. I had my brother-in-law's medical done there in 2014, but he was never asked to do the MMR. Then a husband's friend went on the same year, but was asked to do the vaccine. Then another friend went to IOM, and was told MMR is not pre-requisite for IRCC.

As far as I know, MMR and full immunization records is only required for minors who will enter secondary and gradeschool, esp. those who were sponsored under Family class and will be landing as immigrant.

Reactions: roks