+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

overthinkween

Jul 18, 2019
here's the good news guys

Dear Sir:

This refers to your enquiry.

Please be informed that whatever type of IELTS (International English Language Testing System) you take (General Training option or Academic option) would be acceptable as long as the result have a minimum band of 6 or higher for each ability (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).

We trust this guides you accordingly.

Yours sincerely,

Immigration Section - Bureau de visa

Embassy of Canada, Manila - Ambassade du Canada, Manille

Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200, Philippines

Fax: (632) 843-1094
www.philippines.gc.ca

hindi ko ma post ang screenshot, hindi kasi pwede
Hi, may I ask po anong e-mail address niyo po sinend yung inquiry niyo regarding this?

Reactions: nursesnow

lilliecutie

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Manila
Hi! I've been refused na twice for my study permit, regular stream, DIY lang online and ang intake ko is September 3 na...
Reasons are:

- Family ties in Canada and Philippines
- Purpose of visit
- Limited employment prospects
- Current employment status

If mag SDS ako and mag oopen ako ng account sa scotiabank sure na kaya yun for approval? Thanks in advance
Hindi po sure ang approval kahit SDS, but it might be easier to get approved for a study permit if you take that route instead, given that you show proof of payment for your entire tuition for the first year plus a GIC of 10,000 CAD. Ano po bang course niyo na natapos dito sa atin at ang trabaho? It seems that IRCC is very meticulous po kasi when it comes to how your current job (or job history as a whole) or prior education is connected to the program that you would attend abroad. You should be able to establish why enrolling in the program you are eyeing will enrich your life and career, and also stress in your application (statement of purpose) that you will return to the Philippines after graduation in order to pursue a career (apply for a job or put up a business) related to the program you're planning to take in Canada. :) Those are just some of the tips that I got from a licensed immigration consultant based in Alberta last year. I did everything on my own also, but booked him for an hour appointment to get some pointers. Best of luck po on your future application!

lilliecutie

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Manila
Hi all,

Just need your opinion sana. Initially, ang plan talaga namin ni husband is for me to apply a student permit while he gets an open work permit. Planning to look for school in Edmonton, Alberta where my aunt is located as a citizen.

Pero prior to finalizing our plans, we wanted to experience Canada as a tourist first before comitting to becoming an international student. Gusto lang namin ma-feel yung environment and whether we would actually like it there.

Unfortunately, our Temporary Resident Visa was denied in July 13, 2019. Reasons for denial were because of travel history. My husband and I have travelled to Thailand (3x), Korea (2x), Japan (2x), Taiwan (2x) and Hong Kong (1x).

Another reason for denial is financial assets. My husband and I earn a monthly salary of 50k and 60k respectively. We have PHP and USD savings account with 6-digit ADB.

I also attached the business registration of our 4-year old family-owned corporation which I am a part-owner and stockholder. I attached SEC registration, business permit, etc.

Now, my question is, yung biometrics ko ba for the TRV application that got denied, pwede na ba yun to be used if ever I decided to pursue a student permit? Ang mahalia din nung 85 CAD eh.

Planning to apply for a 2 year course with University of Alberta. Ano bang mas mairerecommend niyo, SDS or regular application nalang? For SDS, we can afford naman to pay for the whole tuition fee. Mas malaki ba ang chance maapprove kapag ganun?

Meron bang nadedeny for student visa? If yes, what are the usual reasons for denial po? If nagbayad ka ng tuition fee in full sa school and then nadeny yung student visa application, will I be able to refund the tuition fee in full?

Sorry ang haba ng post and ang daming tanong. I'll super appreciate your opinions and answers.
Are you still looking into traveling for tourism first, or this time, derecho na pong mag-apply ng study permit? I have an unconventional tip. I've noticed (although this is not for sure) that the US is much more lenient with giving out tourist visas to people who have traveled as much as you and your husband have. They don't even look at any documents you bring (and even a consular officer who responds to questions on Quora said this). Everything is based on the interview, and usually the final question they ask is "What countries have you visited so far?" With the strength of your travel history (with enough proof that you guys always come back after touring), unless you do really bad in the US embassy interview, I don't see any reason you would be denied a US visa. Just make sure you are specific with what you wanna do or see in the States. For instance, instead of saying you're going for tourism purposes, be genuine, and say what you really plan on doing such as "We're planning to visit Disney World in Orlando for my birthday." or "We're gonna see the Moulin Rouge musical in NYC." Whatever you plan on doing there, make sure you've researched on the itinerary or destination somehow as they sometimes ask specific questions like "Have you looked at the ticket prices? How much are they?" Now I've mentioned this because Canada is very "kind" to people who have traveled to the States as tourists. Based on my experience, they didn't even ask for financial documents anymore when I applied for a TRV a few years back. They simply asked for proof of my US tourist visa and immigration stamps.

If you're, however, planning to directly take the study permit route, it looks like SDS is much faster in terms of processing. Also, make sure that you apply to a program that intends to upgrade your current education and career status. It's much easier to be approved if the program you apply to is related to what you're already doing here in the Philippines, but will upgrade your career in terms of salary (upon graduation, are you coming back to the Philippines to apply for a leadership/management role in a company, or are you putting up your own firm related to the program you just graduated from). You really have to be able to emphasize that you have plans of coming home as soon as you're done studying; otherwise they wouldn't think you're a genuine student. If you can be specific as to what you plan to do after graduation, say it. In addition, describe your familial ties here in the Philippines, and why you're defo coming back.

Last edited:

overthinkween

Jul 18, 2019
Sorry to hear that you got refusal despite of all the assets and proofs.

For the biometrics, as far as I know, you can still use it for the future application. It is valid for 10 years upon enrollment.

If you go for SDS and you can afford to pay the whole TF, then mas okay. Then I think, you need to purchase GIC to a Canadian bank so that you don't need to give payslips, coe, bank certs, etc. Mas mabilis din processing.

For TF refunds, they will refund the TF naman if madeny for student permit, but it will take time to process.
Thanks for the input. In addition to my queries, is it advisable na isabay ang application ni husband ng open work permit with my application? I read somewhere na student dependent visa yata ang tawag?

Also, I am planning to attach other docs na rin to prove my rootedness here in the Philippines, like land title, house and lot deed of sale, OR/CR ng cars, insurance policies, etc. May iba pa ba akong pwede iinclude? Para lang maipresent ko sa VO na I have several reasons to come back here in the Philippines. Or overkill ba to masiyado? Haha.

lilliecutie

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Manila
Thanks for the input. In addition to my queries, is it advisable na isabay ang application ni husband ng open work permit with my application? I read somewhere na student dependent visa yata ang tawag?

Also, I am planning to attach other docs na rin to prove my rootedness here in the Philippines, like land title, house and lot deed of sale, OR/CR ng cars, insurance policies, etc. May iba pa ba akong pwede iinclude? Para lang maipresent ko sa VO na I have several reasons to come back here in the Philippines. Or overkill ba to masiyado? Haha.
Pag paper-based application (which only applies po to Regular Stream), you'll be able to attach as many supporting documents as you can. Pero if you lodge po kasi your application online (pag SDS online lang po ang option), you are only able to upload documents that they are asking for. Wala pong extra fields/sections for additional documents. As for whether it's easier to lodge your application kasabay na ng dependent, I'm not sure about that po. But some speculate, na it adds daw to the strength of the application when you state in your letter (SOP) that your partner/husband is coming to also help you with the expenses and in financing your studies. Basta ang importante po, ma-establish niyo na uuwi kayo ng Pilipinas after niyong mag-aral, and you're not simply using studies as a path to migrate. 'Yan po 'yung mga nakalap ko ring pointers when I was preparing pa lang last year. Good luck po!

Reactions: mrsm2016

mrsm2016

May 19, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016 AOR2: 02-08-2016
File Transfer...
28-07-2016
Med's Done....
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
20-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2016 VOH: 05-01-2017
LANDED..........
18-01-2017

We're on this route. Regular stream - paper based. As per our consultant, the more you have strong ties in the PH, mas mataas chance ng approval kasi nga you have reasons to come back. Mas matagal nga lang processing. 4 weeks max accdg to CIC site.

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
Is NBI required for study permit as I didn’t see it as one of the requirements?

mrsm2016

May 19, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016 AOR2: 02-08-2016
File Transfer...
28-07-2016
Med's Done....
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
20-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2016 VOH: 05-01-2017
LANDED..........
18-01-2017
I think that depends on what route you're taking. SDS or regular stream.

lilliecutie

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Manila
I didn’t either. On the list of requirements in the CIC website, it was there along with police clearance, but when I lodged my SDS application online it didn’t have a field for both documents so I didn’t bother uploading them.

Last edited:

ErikaLouise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Cavite
Visa Office......
Makati
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
Doc's Request.
01-08-2019
Hindi po sure ang approval kahit SDS, but it might be easier to get approved for a study permit if you take that route instead, given that you show proof of payment for your entire tuition for the first year plus a GIC of 10,000 CAD. Ano po bang course niyo na natapos dito sa atin at ang trabaho? It seems that IRCC is very meticulous po kasi when it comes to how your current job (or job history as a whole) or prior education is connected to the program that you would attend abroad. You should be able to establish why enrolling in the program you are eyeing will enrich your life and career, and also stress in your application (statement of purpose) that you will return to the Philippines after graduation in order to pursue a career (apply for a job or put up a business) related to the program you're planning to take in Canada. :) Those are just some of the tips that I got from a licensed immigration consultant based in Alberta last year. I did everything on my own also, but booked him for an hour appointment to get some pointers. Best of luck po on your future application!
Hi thank you... BSIHM -Cruise Line Operations in Culinary Arts grad ako ... yung course na kinuha ko sa Sask Polytech is Professional Cooking.. galing nako sa Fortrust to ask assistance, and ang sabi nila parang kulang lang ako sa explanation... and yung proof na magkapatid yung uncle ko sa canada and yung dad ko ... And may business ako tho sa mga nauna wala akong proof so we are planning to include everything on my application.. Thank you so much for cheering.. I really hope this time positive na ...

aciremep

Apr 21, 2019

Hi Ma'am, I suggest putting all of those docs you have, whether you take the Regular or SDS stream, to make your application stronger. If you're planning to submit it online, just make sure that your scanned documents can be compressed into a 4MB pdf file per category and at the same time, readable.

Reactions: psyduck

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
I didn’t either. On the list of requirements in the CIC website, it was there along with police clearance bit when I lodged my SDS application online it didn’t have a field for both documents so I didn’t bother uploading them.

What will happen to the application if you dont have NBI and police clearance?

ErikaLouise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Cavite
Visa Office......
Makati
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
Doc's Request.
01-08-2019
Good day! Ask ko lang po, need pa ba mag open ulit ng US Dollar Account sa BDO para sa GIC? Yung account ko kasi is Kabayan Savings... pwede kaya ipa change into dollar account or mag oopen ako ng bago? Thanks in advance