+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi guys! Do you think Seneca College or Centennial College still have remaining slots for May 2019 intake? Thank you.
You should check their website. They would always update the status. May session usually has fewer programs.

a4tech

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Application: SDS paper based (no agent) at VFS Manila
SP Application date: 26 September 2018
SP Approval date: 31 October 2018
DLI: Durham College (Oshawa campus)

Timeline:

2017 Sept - Applied directly at Durham College for 2018 Sept intake
2017 Nov - IELTS exam
2017 Dec - IELTS result (overall 7.5: L 8, R 6.5, W 7, S 7.5)
2018 March- Submitted my transcripts to Durham College
2018 June - Received unconditional LOA from DC
  • Requested DC to defer me to January 2019 intake because I was not confident I would get my SP approved in time.
  • Did upfront medical. Required additional sputum test due to slightly hazy xray result.
2018 July - Paid 1 year fee at Durham College
2018 Aug - Transferred CAD$10,200 to Scotia bank. Got my letter of instruction 3 working days later.
2018 Sept - Applied for SP at VFS Manila on 26 Sept. Sputum test result negative.
  • Linked my paper application to my GCKey on 28 Sept
2018 Oct - Did follow up xray on 1 Oct. Following day, 2 Oct, GCKey update that medical passed
  • Review of eligibility started on 30 Oct
  • SP Approved on 31 October
Documents submitted:
  • Unconditional LOA from Durham College and conditional LOA from UOIT (DC program transfers to UOIT upon successful completion)
  • 1 year fee receipt
  • GIC letter of instruction
  • Upfront medical form from IOM Manila
  • IELTS result
  • College and High School transcripts
  • COE from previous works as well as all my ITRs since I started working
  • IT certifications (C|EH and ITIL v3 Foundation) and certificate of attendance in various IT seminars
  • Property documents (I have two properties)
  • Letter from my brother-in-law that he will provide me with room and board, together with his valid ID
  • Business registration from SEC (I have a tech startup which was duly registered with Philippines SEC as limited partnership)
  • Marriage certificate
  • NBI clearance
  • SOP
  • All required forms as per checklist
What I learned based from my experience:
  • SP processing time is unpredictable. I got mine after 35 calendar days. But I have a friend who applied non-SDS on 17 Oct and got his approval on 25 Oct.
  • SOP key points:
  • My background: Took up Aeronautical Engineering in college but work experience for the past 22 years are solid IT (from systems and network administration to software/application development and project management)
  • Objective: What I plan to achieve. Why I want to study in Canada
  • Why Canada: Less expensive than other countries such as AU, NZ or USA. Great peace and order situation. Multicultural.
  • Why Durham College and UOIT: I only applied at DC and UOIT so i was able to highlight their qualities.
  • Career progression: How my intended program will help in my future career growth in my home country
  • Declaration: that I will abide by all the conditions, rules and regulation of the SP should I be approved. That I intend to finish my program the soonest possible time and go back to my home country. That, should my SP be revoked by IRCC, I will leave Canada immediately.
  • No agent/consultant. Everything I need I read from the IRCC/CIC website and Scotia bank website. Anything that is unclear to me, I asked from the forum. There are a lot of veterans here who goes out of their way to answer queries (hats off to all of you guys!)
  • Make sure you have the complete documents upon submission. Utilize the checklist.
  • For SDS applicants, it doesn't hurt to submit additional financial documents/proofs
  • Plan accordingly, do not rush things. Very important to strategize properly. There is plenty of time. If I am able to do it at my age, how much more can younger applicants?
  • Finally, YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL! :)
Congrats Bro

waynemark

Nov 4, 2018
Anyone can share thoughts about my Student permit status na kung saan yung school allowed lng ako enroll ng 3 courses for winter 2019 and 2 courses spring 2019 amounting CAD 4,500, kaso sabi ng consultant may problema kasi CAD12,000 dapat ko bayaran nakalagay LOA ko may supproting BDO account ako na 600k plus yung savings account ng kuya ko na PR sa canada na CAD 2,000 and her wife na may investment sa scotia na CAD5,000 with letter of support for my accom. Food and transpo?......possible ba na madeny ako?

imgoingtocanada

Jul 5, 2015
sa case ko nag apply ako ng Study Permit, tapos sinabay ko na ung sa wife ko (Open work permit) at sa baby ko (Study permit), sabay sabay kaming 3 umalis..

may mga kasama ako dito ang ginawa nila, Study permit muna para mkpag adjust then pag okay na at nkapag adjust na, iaapply nila ung spouse nila ng OWP kasabay ng anak nila Study permit.
Hi,

Kailangan pa rin ba ng study permit kung ang bata ay minor pa? 5 and 7 years old? of couse mag aaral pero libre naman, kailangan pa rin ng study permit?

kinailangan nyo pang dumaan ng POEA? kasi may open work permit yung wife nyo? how about yung mga PDOS?

thanks

imgoingtocanada

Jul 5, 2015

Timeline:

2017 Nov - IELTS exam
  • Requested DC to defer me to January 2019 intake because I was not confident I would get my SP approved in time.
  • Did upfront medical. Required additional sputum test due to slightly hazy xray result.
2018 Aug - Transferred CAD$10,200 to Scotia bank. Got my letter of instruction 3 working days later.
2018 Sept - Applied for SP at VFS Manila on 26 Sept. Sputum test result negative.
2018 Oct - Did follow up xray on 1 Oct. Following day, 2 Oct, GCKey update that medical passed
Documents submitted:
  • Unconditional LOA from Durham College and conditional LOA from UOIT (DC program transfers to UOIT upon successful completion)
  • 1 year fee receipt
  • IELTS result
  • IT certifications (C|EH and ITIL v3 Foundation) and certificate of attendance in various IT seminars
  • Letter from my brother-in-law that he will provide me with room and board, together with his valid ID
  • Business registration from SEC (I have a tech startup which was duly registered with Philippines SEC as limited partnership)
  • Marriage certificate
  • NBI clearance
  • SOP
  • SP processing time is unpredictable. I got mine after 35 calendar days. But I have a friend who applied non-SDS on 17 Oct and got his approval on 25 Oct.
  • SOP key points:
  • My background: Took up Aeronautical Engineering in college but work experience for the past 22 years are solid IT (from systems and network administration to software/application development and project management)
  • Why Canada: Less expensive than other countries such as AU, NZ or USA. Great peace and order situation. Multicultural.
  • Why Durham College and UOIT: I only applied at DC and UOIT so i was able to highlight their qualities.
  • Career progression: How my intended program will help in my future career growth in my home country
  • Declaration: that I will abide by all the conditions, rules and regulation of the SP should I be approved. That I intend to finish my program the soonest possible time and go back to my home country. That, should my SP be revoked by IRCC, I will leave Canada immediately.
  • No agent/consultant. Everything I need I read from the IRCC/CIC website and Scotia bank website. Anything that is unclear to me, I asked from the forum. There are a lot of veterans here who goes out of their way to answer queries (hats off to all of you guys!)
  • Make sure you have the complete documents upon submission. Utilize the checklist.
  • For SDS applicants, it doesn't hurt to submit additional financial documents/proofs
  • Plan accordingly, do not rush things. Very important to strategize properly. There is plenty of time. If I am able to do it at my age, how much more can younger applicants?

Hi,

Taga PATTS kayo sir? anong batch nyo? taga PATTS din ako, batch 2002. Wala kayong balak mag PR sa canada?

thanks

PursuerOfDreams

Sep 9, 2018
Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Philippines
Hi good day po, regarding pof, my sponsors will be showing 7k cad each sa bank account then meron din po laman ang account ko na 22kcad. Is it enough na po? Mostly, my relatives will be paying naman for my studies, tution skanila naman, allowance pwede sakin pwede din nla ako bigyan. Accomodation stay ako sakanila. the reason bkt konti lng laman ng account nla is in and out ang pera nla

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi good day po, regarding pof, my sponsors will be showing 7k cad each sa bank account then meron din po laman ang account ko na 22kcad. Is it enough na po? Mostly, my relatives will be paying naman for my studies, tution skanila naman, allowance pwede sakin pwede din nla ako bigyan. Accomodation stay ako sakanila. the reason bkt konti lng laman ng account nla is in and out ang pera nla
Boss, I think yung 22kcad mo is more than enough. If tuition will be paid by your relatives, yung receipt lang naman papakita mo. Then a letter from your relative na bibigyan ka ng free accomodation.

Yung sakin, bayaw ko nagbayad nung tuition. Tapos may letter sya na dun ako titira sa kanya. 10k na gic sa scotia. Receipt, letter of support at gic lang pinakita ko na funds at naaprubahan naman ako

Hth

PursuerOfDreams

Sep 9, 2018
Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Philippines

Timeline:

2017 Nov - IELTS exam
Documents submitted:
  • 1 year fee receipt
  • IELTS result
  • Marriage certificate
  • NBI clearance
  • SOP
  • SOP key points:
Congrats Bro
Boss, I think yung 22kcad mo is more than enough. If tuition will be paid by your relatives, yung receipt lang naman papakita mo. Then a letter from your relative na bibigyan ka ng free accomodation.

Yung sakin, bayaw ko nagbayad nung tuition. Tapos may letter sya na dun ako titira sa kanya. 10k na gic sa scotia. Receipt, letter of support at gic lang pinakita ko na funds at naaprubahan naman ako

Hth
Nagwoworry kasi ako sir, diba sa cic dapat 10k cad and living expenses, eh since may sponsor ako in total 14k ang both accounts nila. 7kcad each. I dont have gic kasi sir, since sponsor naman magbbgay sakin ng allowance and all. Ung 22k cad ko sa account is parang back up money ko lang pagdating ko doon. Ung tuition ko will be paid pagdating ko na doon.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Nagwoworry kasi ako sir, diba sa cic dapat 10k cad and living expenses, eh since may sponsor ako in total 14k ang both accounts nila. 7kcad each. I dont have gic kasi sir, since sponsor naman magbbgay sakin ng allowance and all. Ung 22k cad ko sa account is parang back up money ko lang pagdating ko doon. Ung tuition ko will be paid pagdating ko na doon.
To be safe boss, pay at least a semester's fee. Yung gic is only required if you will apply thru sds. If not, no need na po ng gic. Bank account mo na lang. Yung sponsor mo boss kahit di na magpakita ng bank accounts nila, letter na lang na mag provide sila sayo ng accomodation gaya nung sakin. Malaki na yung 22kcad boss :) Ang kailangan lang naman ng VO ay yung makita nila na may sustenance ka for at least 1 year