+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

msmuffet

Mar 8, 2018
hello pips..mag iiwan lng po ako ng word of encouragement dun sa mga family na i-aapply ung kanilang mga anak after ng SV and OWP approval..as mentioned in my previous posts, I am an OFW as well as my husband. We did online application for my Student Visa and his Open Work Permit and was able to receive the approval then. After receiving our approval, I did the Visa application for our children ages 11, 6 and 4..For 6 and 11 I applied Student Visa and for the 4 yrs old I applied Visit Visa..Today we receive the PPR and will be submitting the passports upon our return to Philippines ( we are currently still in KSA processing for our children's exit visa )..anyway, here are some thoughts and guidelines on how I did their Visa application..

For Student Visa : I did the "Eligibility Test " in behalf of my eldest daughter (11 yrs old ). When asked about LOA, I answered YES..and on the question if another family member will be applying together with her application I answered YES also ( thus added my 2nd daughters application and our youngest Visit Visa application ) thus I was able to apply the 3 of them in one application..

IMM1294e - when asked about the school I put "To be determined (daughter of incoming international student) "
IMM5645e - PA is my eldest daughter..answered YES on accompanying parent and YES to brothers and sisters
IMM5257e - when asked about my youngest Visit Details, Purpose is OTHERS ( reason: To be/Stay with my Parents ) and the duration is the same with my Study Permit. The Person to Visit is me and my husband and the address I indicated is the address of our friend living in Canada. I likewise asked this friend to provide a Letter of Support for accommodation and submitted a copy of her lease agreement and proof of our relationship.

When you will be asked for LOA, just provide a Letter of Explanation and indicate this " This request is in reference to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children.html in which minor children of an international student does not require a Letter of Acceptance. " I then added a copy of my LOA, SV, OWP and both our Letter of Introduction ( the letter you received in your CIC account upon approval of the visa )

And make sure to submit a Letter of Intent ( Visa Request Letter ) in behalf of your children. Write that their presence in Canada will help you achieve your goals and that this experience will also benefit the children for they will be learning new things while in there. And do not forget to include that after your study you'll return to your country of residence.

For supporting docs naman, in addition to the LOA and Visa copies ng parents and Property records, the usual lng, their Birth Certificate, Travel Records ( all stamped Visa if meron ), school records for Student Visa appln ( last 3 ) and copy of their Resident ID ( for those OFW na same sa amin.. translated if hindi english )

POF : for this application, nasa CAD 55,000 ang inilagay ko with supporting Bank Certs and Statements ( please note that in 3 Bank Certs and isinubmit ko, only 1 ang may statement, the other one is Passbook record lng and the other 1 is wala kasi newly opened xa, wala pang 1 mth..heheh ) and then the receipt for the first semester tuition fee na ibinayad ko before..

Hope this helps...:)

ace51

Jun 1, 2018
Hi guys i'm just going to update my application status as of today august 1, 2018 ( 32 days from the date i passed my documents sa vfs makati)
i been following this thread since last month nobody posted about the update of eligibility...
doon sa " we will sent you email when we start reviewing your eligibility" di po sila ng send ng email, they only change the status there, so better check your gc account or doon sa mga di nalink better to link it na po, to avoid your worries and stress thinking about what is going on your application...
better to check your gc account at night time they always make updates in the afternoon ( a tip for those who need to go to internet cafe only to check the status)
good luck to us...

Application step
Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility

Reactions: Estrellita Cose

akosijared

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Thank you Lord sobra!

Guys keep you hopes high, kayo na po ang next!

Non-SDS
Paper-based
Me (Principal Applicant)
Wife (Open Work Permit)
Daughter (Student Permit)
Application Received: June 26, 2018
Linked to Online Acct: July 24, 2018
Final Decision: August 1, 2018 Your application was approved.

Last edited:

neshen19

Aug 1, 2018
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility We regret to inform you that you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the final decision below. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check Not applicable. Help - Background check
Final decision We regret to inform you that your application was refused. We will send you a letter or email with details.

this is my current status.. but my concern is that I did my medical exam since I received an email that i must undergo medical exam.. what does it mean?

joannapau

Aug 1, 2018
Review of eligibility We regret to inform you that you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the final decision below. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Final decision We regret to inform you that your application was refused. We will send you a letter or email with details.

this is my current status.. but my concern is that I did my medical exam since I received an email that i must undergo medical exam.. what does it mean?
That’s sad to hear.. i’m sorry but maybe you can re-apply? What are the reasons they refused?

neshen19

Aug 1, 2018
That’s sad to hear.. i’m sorry but maybe you can re-apply? What are the reasons they refused?
they did not specify.. they did not send me an email for the reasons. but why is it in review of my medical results says that I do not need a medical exam.. But I received an email last July 12 to undergo medical exam then just last july 26 I did my medical exam. do you know why? I'm a little bit confuse.

akosijared

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018

You can apply for CAIPS to get a detailed information as to why your application was refused.

ace51

Jun 1, 2018

if you done your medical exam and the result was passed ... the update supposed " you passed the medical exam" ( it will expired 30 days after the request)
based sa post nyo po wlang update ung medical nyo... are you sure the clinic passed it?
this might be one of the reason of refussal...
apply again as soon as you comply those what they ask.. let's be positive!

Last edited:
Reactions: neshen19

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
they did not specify.. they did not send me an email for the reasons. but why is it in review of my medical results says that I do not need a medical exam.. But I received an email last July 12 to undergo medical exam then just last july 26 I did my medical exam. do you know why? I'm a little bit confuse.
san ka po nag medical? sa iom or sa slec? ano po ang result?

Donix2018

Jun 12, 2018
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
10-12-2022

Sorry to hear about that. Just curious are you on regular stream or SDS?

neshen19

Aug 1, 2018
if you done your medical exam and the result was passed ... the update supposed " you passed the medical exam" ( it will expired 30 days after the request)
based sa post nyo po wlang update ung medical nyo... are you sure the clinic passed it?
this might be one of the reason of refussal...
apply again as soon as you comply those what they ask.. let's be positive!
I still don't receive any refusal letter from the embassy.. Do you when they will exactly send it to your email?