+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

qaplaza

Jul 14, 2018
Congratulations to you qaplaza!

What I know, you need to show current bank certificate in the Port of Entry. Others says, the airport immigration officer ask LOA only.
Thanks for replying sir!
So we can carry any amount we wish as long as we declare funds above CAD 10,000 right? I was also issued Letter of Acceptance only, no letter of Introduction was issued. I guess it’s the same, for them to issue the study permit at the border.

qaplaza

Jul 14, 2018
Congratulations to you qaplaza!

What I know, you need to show current bank certificate in the Port of Entry. Others says, the airport immigration officer ask LOA only.
What is LOA bro? So I think we should carry the CAD 25,000 if I haven’t paid fully my tuition fees? I only paid the confirmation fee for the college to issue the letter of acceptance.

akosijared

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
What is LOA bro? So I think we should carry the CAD 25,000 if I haven’t paid fully my tuition fees? I only paid the confirmation fee for the college to issue the letter of acceptance.
Nabasa ko sa ibang thread na if more than 10,000 cad eh kailangan mo ideclare. Ang ginagawa ng iba is either they sign up sa http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/applyonline.html, meron silang option jan for international students at mabilis sila mag reply (naginquire na kasi ako jan). Or pwede sa HSBC, since may branch niyan anywhere, downside sa HSBC as I check may mas mataas minimum deposit sila.

Reactions: qaplaza

markmo

Apr 5, 2018
Congrats. I also got approved on July 16. I want to ask you if they require us to show proof of fund in cash or money order at the port of entry? Do you know how much we need to present at the immigration border upon our arrival? What I know they still need proof of funds as their requirements before they issue us the valid study permit. Hoping you can share your thoughts on this. Thanks and God bless!
Not necessary, you dont need to provide the proof of funds from your application but of course you need to bring pocket money going to canada, as per CBSA,
Travelling with CAN$10,000 or more

"Anytime you cross the border, you must declare any currency or monetary instruments you have valued at Can$10,000 or more. This amount includes Canadian or foreign currency or a combination of both. Monetary instruments include, but are not limited to, stocks, bonds, bank drafts, cheques and traveller's cheques. There are no restrictions on the amount of money you can bring into or take out of Canada, nor is it illegal to do so."

Reactions: qaplaza

qaplaza

Jul 14, 2018
Thanks for replying. You said paid tuition fees, you mean for this semester only? Atleast I pay that one for now then I can bring atleast CAD 10,000 as living allowance?

qaplaza

Jul 14, 2018
Not necessary, you dont need to provide the proof of funds from your application but of course you need to bring pocket money going to canada, as per CBSA,
Travelling with CAN$10,000 or more

"Anytime you cross the border, you must declare any currency or monetary instruments you have valued at Can$10,000 or more. This amount includes Canadian or foreign currency or a combination of both. Monetary instruments include, but are not limited to, stocks, bonds, bank drafts, cheques and traveller's cheques. There are no restrictions on the amount of money you can bring into or take out of Canada, nor is it illegal to do so."
Thank you for your detailed reply. I will just carry some amounts as I need to close my account in Dubai. It would be quite big so I need to convert it to bank draft safe side. I will just secure a bank certificate from my bank in the Philippines in case CBSA asks for it. Are you a student as well and currently in Canada?

qaplaza

Jul 14, 2018
Nabasa ko sa ibang thread na if more than 10,000 cad eh kailangan mo ideclare. Ang ginagawa ng iba is either they sign up sa http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/applyonline.html, meron silang option jan for international students at mabilis sila mag reply (naginquire na kasi ako jan). Or pwede sa HSBC, since may branch niyan anywhere, downside sa HSBC as I check may mas mataas minimum deposit sila.
Thank u for the info. Open na lang ako account pagdating ko dun. I-bank draft ko na lang pera ko para safe. Akala ko kasi kailangan magsala ng CAD 25,000-30,000 for inspection sa border. Nasa Canada ka na rin ba? Student ka rin ba?

markmo

Apr 5, 2018
Thank you for your detailed reply. I will just carry some amounts as I need to close my account in Dubai. It would be quite big so I need to convert it to bank draft safe side. I will just secure a bank certificate from my bank in the Philippines in case CBSA asks for it. Are you a student as well and currently in Canada?
technically you can bring more than $10,000 as long as you declare them. knowing that you are a student visa holder, immigration are aware that you need funds in Canada and of course your tuition fee if you haven't paid in full. My Study Permit just got approved last July 16, I'll be leaving next month going to Canada.

Last edited:

net0620

Jul 24, 2018
ANYONE HERE KNOWS HOW TO LINK MY SDS APPLICATION..PA HELP I NEED THRU MESSNGER SA FB OTHERWISE I MAY REACH 5X ERROR TAS 24HRS PA PWD..

RomanSky

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
boss, if may GIC, still need pa din po ba ng cash.
rogelcorral,

It is safe to bring or hand carry your GIC certificate when you travel to CA along with school, cic docs that submitted in the SP application. I think meron na rin nag post ng ganito sa port of entry. Bring some cash (CAD or USD) pocket/ reserve money for daily expenses until you need to withdraw your GIC certificate.
What I know our entry to CA is a privilege not a right, So, we will never know exactly what immigration officer will ask.
Kung sa pag exit nga natin sa Pinas, nagtatanong mga immigration officer. They want to see to it that the purpose of visit is genuine and docs are fine. Pro most likely it will be in random check otherwise mashahaba pila sa immigration area sa airport. Maiigi na handa. :)

Reactions: rogelcorral

qaplaza

Jul 14, 2018
technically you can bring more than $10,000 as long as you declare them. knowing that you are a student visa holder, immigration are aware that you need funds in Canada and of course your tuition fee if you haven't paid in full. My Study Permit just got approved last July 16, I'll be leaving next month going to Canada.
I think you have a different student visa application. My school only requires payment per school term. So what I know I have to show the funds for atleast 1 year that includes tuition fees and living allowances. So I have to bring with me the tuition required for 1 year equivalent to 3 terms. Good luck!

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Hello, just wondering po if anyone here is familiar na po or knows about the new Alberta Opportunity Stream..ask ko lang po if ung mga spouse nten dto na nkapagwork na ng 1 year eh eligible ndin to apply? Ung iba kasi sinasabi na hndi eligible pag pumasok dto as open work permit, iba nman pwede ndaw...salamat po, if may nka experience na o mkakasagot..