+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Hello Guys ask lang po ako okay lang po ba mag apply ng student visa nah nag stop na ako sa work for 3years? ang ginawa ko sa 3years self employed online marketing, selling ebooks, investment online like bitcoin, and YouTube blogging.
Mahirap ipasa yan pero hindi naman impossible, mahirap lang. Isa pang malaking issue rito ay kung anong course ang pagaaralan mo at magiging upgrade ng career mo now at bakit ka sa Canada magaaral at hindi sa pilipinas na mura lang ang gastusin.

gettingbc58

Jan 28, 2018
I dont think thats true. Its the same chance as you are applying for either a certificate (1 year course), a diploma (2-years course), a degree (4 years), masters or PhD. You are basically applying for a student permit to let you study for the program. Masters programs are probably expensive so student usually go for diploma since they will both gain 3 years PGWP. But if you really like a Masters then go for it. Same as other applicant you need to discuss why you will study in Canada compared to the Philippines at a fraction of the cost.
There is always a chance of approval, unless you are inadmissbile, which makes it an automatic refusal. Anyway the question here is how high is your chance of approval. The answer will probably be how good you present your case that you are a genuine student and will leave Canada before the expiration of your authorized stay.
Thank you very much @kapatid. How much do you charge for the review of our application? Im doing everything myself but I just want someone knowledgeable to review each page before I submit. Im actually tied up to an agency but ceased contacting them as I feel that they dont get themselves updated.

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
Thank you very much @kapatid. How much do you charge for the review of our application? Im doing everything myself but I just want someone knowledgeable to review each page before I submit. Im actually tied up to an agency but ceased contacting them as I feel that they dont get themselves updated.
Bakit ka pa magbabayad e di nmn sya legitimate consultant? Nakita mnb sya in person sabi nya nag aaral saw sya maging immigration lawyer sa canada hahaha how fake!

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
P40k for SOP checks and review of documents

Reactions: a4tech

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Kung one-day proofreading lang po? Hehe yung papasadahan lang
SOPs should be taken seriously. Its basically the approval or refusal of your application. You need to clearly show the visa officer why you are a bonafide student with your proofs. You need ti give a lot of time in your SOPs. Sometimes it will took us few weeks to have a really good SOP.

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Hi everyone..

At hello po sa mga 1 year PGWP.. please share naman..

I just recieved my LOA po. I enrolled in 1 year course (3 semesters). After completing my course, I will apply for PGWP and for sure I will get only 1 year. Then apply for PR.

Question:
1. how many percent is my chance to get PR?
2. If maka hanap ako work agad and sucessfully work for 12 months. Do I still have time to process my PR, since my pgwp is only valid for 1 year?
3. After my graduation, could I start work even if I still don’t have pgwp?

Thank you very much! And God bless us all. ☝
Hi Joey. Hi Guys, I'm back after one year. Lol aside sa na lock itong account ko, na busy din sa studies. Pero now, graduate na ako :) Anyway, I got approved for my PGWP and also received ITA for PR this June.

To answer your question:
1. It depends on your current score. Do you have Bachelor's, Masters in Pinas, or would you be applying by yourself or with a spouse? Once you graduate, you'll get additional points for your education in Canada and IELTS exam. You can check your points through the CRS Calculator tool. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

2. Again, if you have enough points already after graduation, you can get your ITA. That's what happened to us. However, if you do plan to work throughout your PGWP, may time ka pa to process your PR kasi you will have your BOWP- as principal applicant you will be granted Bridging Open Work Permit.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

3. After graduation, yes you can start to work However, once you have received your credential, you have to submit your PGWP application agad and you can work full-time while waiting for the decision. You can find more information here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html

Let me know if you have questions. Would be happy to answer and help :)

melzki

Jun 25, 2018
I have a question po, bale sa Saskatchewan po kasi ako mag aaral. Yung mga flights kasi from Manila - Vancouver - Saskatchewan. Okay lang ba magstay muna ako a few days sa Vancouver to visit my relatives/friends or kailangan tlga direcho ako sa Saskatchewan?... Anyone? :)

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
I have a question po, bale sa Saskatchewan po kasi ako mag aaral. Yung mga flights kasi from Manila - Vancouver - Saskatchewan. Okay lang ba magstay muna ako a few days sa Vancouver to visit my relatives/friends or kailangan tlga direcho ako sa Saskatchewan?... Anyone? :)
Yes ok lang

gettingbc58

Jan 28, 2018
SOPs should be taken seriously. Its basically the approval or refusal of your application. You need to clearly show the visa officer why you are a bonafide student with your proofs. You need ti give a lot of time in your SOPs. Sometimes it will took us few weeks to have a really good SOP.
Thank you kapatid.

angelpoise

Mar 30, 2018
Hello po, sino po mag aaral sa Saskatchewan this September?

**I submitted my application last May 24, 2018, had my medical exam June 8, 2018 and then received my passport with visa June 22, 2018.
Regular stream lang ako pero mabilis siya in fairness, di ko inexpect.
Hi,

Just want to ask kng nilink mo yung application mo online? Til now kse wla pa rin update sa application ko. They received my application last may 31, pero until now wla pa rin update.. almost 5 wks na mula nung naglodge ako.. regular stream lng din ako. Ang nakalagay lng sa status ng application ko, "your application is in progress, we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility"..