+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

elladayrit

Jul 11, 2016
I am in a common law relationship.
We have a contract of lease and a joint bank account to prove it. However, how can we prove that we share in paying the utility bills? Electricty, water, parking and association dues of the condominium are all under our landlord's name.

Additional info. We only use our joint checking account to pay for the rent, parking and association dues. We have no savings under it nor do we have insurances which the other will be the beneficiary.

How can we prove stronger common law relationship?

Dakgalbi

Feb 5, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2018
When you paid your first sem, wala sa break down yung mandatory medical? Private school po ba kayo?
Nope. Sa MITT po. I didnt pay my 1st sem kasi they need my study permit 1st before I pay. But they gave me LOA. There’s a news that tinanggal na ang health care insurance for international students sa manitoba.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Thanks for the tips @mic-mic , this is noted! So I assume your course has no coop? I guess coop is like ojt. Sino naghahanap ng company, yun student or school? and you need to apply pa ba sa company once your coop commence?
Yup, mine had no co-op but made my own. Not really sure how a co-op works pero parang OJT siya for sure kasi yung mga co-op sa work ko nung ask ko sila integrated sa program nila. I am assuming na yung school mismo may mga tie-ups with companies for placements?

Bayn

Mar 25, 2018
Hi people. I want to inquire regarding the application of student permit. You need to apply first the papers then the medical would be need the request of embassy?

snickers_21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Yup, mine had no co-op but made my own. Not really sure how a co-op works pero parang OJT siya for sure kasi yung mga co-op sa work ko nung ask ko sila integrated sa program nila. I am assuming na yung school mismo may mga tie-ups with companies for placements?
I see. Made your own? Meaning gumawa ka ng sarili mong project/webpage but you did not work for a company, tama ba? So yun project na ginawa mo sinabi mo na lang sa company when you were applying na you had made a project para added points sa interview, tama ba? :)

cmaple

Dec 12, 2016
Hi people. I want to inquire regarding the application of student permit. You need to apply first the papers then the medical would be need the request of embassy?
It really is up to you whether you want to do your medical ahead of time or wait for the request of the embassy. If applying thru SDS, medical exam should be upfront (done before submitting your application) while regular stream application can be both upfront and request. Kapag po nag-backread kayo dito sa thread, which is HIGHLY ENCOURAGED, some applicants dito would say mag-upfront para if there are additional tests or nagka-problem, there would be enough time.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015

I see. Made your own? Meaning gumawa ka ng sarili mong project/webpage but you did not work for a company, tama ba? So yun project na ginawa mo sinabi mo na lang sa company when you were applying na you had made a project para added points sa interview, tama ba? :)
Sorry for the confusion, I made some stuff for the company as part of my internship :)

gettingbc58

Jan 28, 2018
Finally, study permit APPROVED! :)

March 22- Study permit DENIED

April 4- Re-application
April 11- APPROVED

It takes 1 week for study permit to be processed here in Korea. I applied through korean agency and I realized that my SOP was too long that's why the officers denied it. Probably they're lazy to read it. LOL.

Anyway, what to do next po? Should I open bank account in canada and transfer my money in there? Anong docs po kelangan at the canada entry?
Congrats! Can you share your profile? Thanks!

cmaple

Dec 12, 2016
hi guys,

confused lang. sa IMM 1294 (Application for student permit),it says that it is required to fill out IMM 5257 schedule 1 if answered questions 3-6 under background information but IMM 5836- Manila Visa Office Instructions- asks "If you have answered “yes” to any of the background information
questions on the application form, provide a completed and signed Schedule 1 form
(Application for Temporary Resident Visa – IMM 5257B) and include it with your application."

I have visited Canada so I answered yes dun sa have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada. Since I have visited, mag-answer pa po ba ako nang IMM 5257 B or only if I answered sa 3-6?

Thank you!