+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

kasien189

Apr 4, 2018
Hi! I'm also applying for Study Permit. I have done my research but i will lodge my applications on May-June. My classes will start on August.
here's my answer on your question:

1. you can apply your spouse for OWP (Open Work Permit)
2. yes. you can add her to your Study Permit (SP) application. however, based on my research it would be better to apply SP first then once approve, apply your spouse for OWP/dependent visa.
3. SDS requires that you transfer 10k CAD for GIC. that is the Maximum amount you can transfer on Scotia Bank. other bank docs such as Proof of Funds, bank statements can support the additional cost of your spouse
4. Once you secure your SP, you can apply your spouse for OWP. This would require documents such as Proof of Funds,etc
5. Yes. better to submit your documents early. SDS would take 30 days processing
6. SDS for Study Permit then once approve, dependent visa/OWP after.

Hi Markmo!
Thank you for answering my queries. I have been really nervous since we're not going to process through an agency.
I have already been admitted for the Fall intake this 2018. and I am planning to process my visa application by the end of this month.

We have also been thinking of securing the study permit first before having my husband apply for the dependent/OWP.
If the principal/study permit holder is still in the Philippines and we submit his application for dependent/OWP, will that raise a problem? Do I have to be in Canada before he is given a OWP?

Thank you hoping for all the best in both of our visa applications!

kasien189

Apr 4, 2018
hi!
magpapamedical na po ako sa St. Lukes this week. ano po yung IME number dun sa online registration form? saan po makukuha iyon? applying po for student visa ako via SDS stream.
salamat po sa makakasagot :)
Hello po, How long po from submission of application were you asked for the medical?

jjmmrr

Apr 11, 2016
Hello po, How long po from submission of application were you asked for the medical?
hi!
i havent submitted anything yet. sa SDS daw po kasi medical muna bago ang pag apply ng visa (not sure about this thats why im asking about the IME number lol) my agent also told me to undergo the medical first, then after that open my GIC account then after na nun lahat magaapply for student visa.
are u also applying for student visa for this year? :)

kasien189

Apr 4, 2018
hi!
i havent submitted anything yet. sa SDS daw po kasi medical muna bago ang pag apply ng visa (not sure about this thats why im asking about the IME number lol) my agent also told me to undergo the medical first, then after that open my GIC account then after na nun lahat magaapply for student visa.
are u also applying for student visa for this year? :)
Hi Jjmmrr,
I see. Are you with an agency po? Yes, I am planning to apply for a student visa this year. target po is fall intake but I did not go through any agency. and I am currently researching about the SDS option.
Hoping positive outcome on your application!

jjmmrr

Apr 11, 2016
Hi Jjmmrr,
I see. Are you with an agency po? Yes, I am planning to apply for a student visa this year. target po is fall intake but I did not go through any agency. and I am currently researching about the SDS option.
Hoping positive outcome on your application!
Same here! Fall intake din :) Yes IDP yung agent ko.
Good Luck with your application too! :)

katecenteno

Sep 7, 2017
Request nyo po sa school nyo, sabihin mo need mo ng MOI (Medium Of Instruction) para sa school mo sa Canada. pero ang alam ko sa Centennial need tlga ng IELTS. Dun rin kase balak ko this Sept 2018.

Hi Girl. Mag Conestoga College ka na lang. No need Ielts dpende sa course hehehe im here na. Easy lang hehe

Reactions: ekit123

katecenteno

Sep 7, 2017
Naguluhan po ako bigla, is it true na after 6 months from the start of our study bago mabibigyan nang permit to work-off campus? Although, I've read po na (some) of approved student visa received 2 permits at the border, student permit and co-op permit (sa pagkakaintindi ko, they have this because their program needs to have such permit) while others were saying na if allowed to work-off campus naka-indicate na sa paper na marereceive dito sa pilipinas.

I've read din po yung qualified to be given a work-off campus permit sa cic. :) Clarifications lang po. Please and thank you. :)

Hindi. Once na may study permit at work permit ka na, you can work off campus.

markmo

Apr 5, 2018
Hi Markmo!
Thank you for answering my queries. I have been really nervous since we're not going to process through an agency.
I have already been admitted for the Fall intake this 2018. and I am planning to process my visa application by the end of this month.

We have also been thinking of securing the study permit first before having my husband apply for the dependent/OWP.
If the principal/study permit holder is still in the Philippines and we submit his application for dependent/OWP, will that raise a problem? Do I have to be in Canada before he is given a OWP?

Thank you hoping for all the best in both of our visa applications!
Hi Kasien,

as far as I know, once you have a SP (even you are still in the Ph), you can apply right away for OWP for your husband, there is no time table on when you should apply for OWP. The thing is you must convince the Visa Officer on why should your husband (and children) come with you, this will all depend on your Husband's application of his OWP. Make sure that you have a good SOP. Check your inbox, i have a message for you.

Last edited:

kasien189

Apr 4, 2018
Hi Kasien,

as far as I know, once you have a SP (even you are still in the Ph), you can apply right away for OWP for your husband, there is no time table on when you should apply for OWP. The thing is you must convince the Visa Officer on why should your husband (and children) come with you, this will all depend on your Husband's application of his OWP. Make sure that you have a good SOP. Check your inbox, i have a message for you.
Hi Markmo,
I see well that is comforting to know. I think it will be smarter to secure the SP first however, I received a response from VFS and they told me that we have to send in our applications together though. But I have read here that there are others who secured the SP first before applying for OWP.
Will do.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Hi Markmo,
I see well that is comforting to know. I think it will be smarter to secure the SP first however, I received a response from VFS and they told me that we have to send in our applications together though. But I have read here that there are others who secured the SP first before applying for OWP.
Will do.
VFS has no knowledge of the immigration law. What they know is what documents you need to submit for a complete application.

Reactions: markmo

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Nice! Good luck! So does that mean na since PR ka na, you pay domestic fees na to study? :)
Yup :) Also, since I barely worked 2016, may grant din pala (as per the college pero sisiguraduhin ko muna)