+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Louj

Feb 22, 2018
If you are looking for a consultancy na tutulong sa application mo I can help you. Im a Licensed Canadian immigration consultant based in Philippines at magbubukas ako ng office sa Manila soon.
Hi po gsto ko po mg apply for sep intake di ko po alam paano mag start.

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Hi po gsto ko po mg apply for sep intake di ko po alam paano mag start.
Hi. To start, you can determine what you want to study and which school. Once you have narrowed down your choices, you can check the websites of the schools and see their admission requirements. When you have decided, apply to get your Letter of Acceptance as this is one of the requirements when you apply for a study permit.

You can read the rest of the details here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Hi,

Question lang po. Kelangan po bang participating school if applying under SDS program?

Ito po kasi yung description:
"Admission to a full-time program in a publicly-funded post-secondary institution such as universities, colleges, institutes or CÉGEP;"

Confused lang po, kasi when I asked Norquest if they are a participating college under SDS, they said no. And then I have read po sa scotiabank gic (and above if publicly-funded) na pwede pa din po mag-apply if hindi participating school. However, confused ulit if yung magiging process (if hindi po participating and will avail the scotiabank gic) is under SDS?
Form what I know po, what you need from the school to be able to apply through SDS (apart from being a publicly funded post secondary institution) is payment of first year tuition. You can ask your school if this is possible and then you can submit the receipt along with the GIC. When I first asked my school about SDS, yung international department, the cashier and the registrar had no idea what I was talking about so I had to email them about SDS. Ayun, they let me pay my tuition naman and issued my receipt. You might want to try asking them again. Based on some old IMM forms for the China visa office that I Google, participating school ang NorQuest before.

giean

Oct 17, 2017
Hello po. My common law partner and I bought a second hand car last year. Di pa po namin napalipat ung name kasi sa deed of sale po naka address naman sa aming dalawa. Okay lang po ba un na ipasa ung deed of sale?

jhunix

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Cebu
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Hello po @scorpio1641 at @kapatid at sa mga seniors dito,

I have a question po. Di ko po kasi na declare yong girlfriend ko as common law partner during my application of study permit. Possible po ba that after I have completed my studies and post graduate permit. When I am going to apply for my permanent residency status, pwede ko ba e declare yong partner ko po as common law partner?. Will there be a problem po? Thanks po in advance.

tinzzz

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2021
AOR Received.
28-07-2021
Confused lang po, kasi when I asked Norquest if they are a participating college under SDS, they said no.
Don't ask the school about SDS, usually di nila alam yun hahaha... It's not widely known yet because currently, if I'm not mistaken, it's only active in the Philippines and China then soon in India and Vietnam.

Actually kahit yung chat support ng VFS Global, nung nag inquire ako kung kelangan ba IELTS Academic test or pwede kahit General sa SDS, tinanong pa ko "what is SDS?"

Last edited:

Louj

Feb 22, 2018

annmaple

Feb 25, 2018
Form what I know po, what you need from the school to be able to apply through SDS (apart from being a publicly funded post secondary institution) is payment of first year tuition. You can ask your school if this is possible and then you can submit the receipt along with the GIC. When I first asked my school about SDS, yung international department, the cashier and the registrar had no idea what I was talking about so I had to email them about SDS. Ayun, they let me pay my tuition naman and issued my receipt. You might want to try asking them again. Based on some old IMM forms for the China visa office that I Google, participating school ang NorQuest before.

Thank you po for the reply @NearlyLucid. If this is the case po, I can apply thru SDS program na po ano? Sorry ang kulit ko po. LOL

annmaple

Feb 25, 2018
Don't ask the school about SDS, usually di nila alam yun hahaha... It's not widely known yet because currently, if I'm not mistaken, it's only active in the Philippines and China then soon in India and Vietnam.

Actually kahit yung chat support ng VFS Global, nung nag inquire ako kung kelangan ba IELTS Academic test or pwede kahit General sa SDS, tinanong pa ko "what is SDS?"

Thank you for the reply @tinzzz . oo nga po. LOL they have no idea, although some schools knew about it like NAIT and BVC kaya na-confuse tuloy ako. Haha. kaya thank you for telling din.

don1017

Mar 9, 2018
Hi, I used my BDO Dollar Account. I went to my branch and filled out the telegraphic form myself. The tellers there didn't know what to check also so I just filled out the form and copied the instructions from the Scotia Bank email. I haven't tried sending online but I think the teller needs to be the one to input the details in the system for you. If you have access to a local BDO branch, maybe you can have someone email the form to you to fill out and submit this to your bank? Or maybe you can ask the bank branch mismo so you can process the transfer? Initially, I had apprehension na baka may mali akong nasulat or part na hindi na-fill out. I was told that I'd be informed kung unsuccessful yung transfer but within the week, I got the email na from Scotia Bank. I have my copy of the telegraphic transfer form that I can share but it will take time because I have to type that out kasi copy lang (so medyo unreadable) plus I have to blur out my details. :)

Gud day..nearlylucid..i did the same with BDO i came to them to send fund for my GIC, trasmital is ok but unfortunately after 4 days they replied me saying that they cannot accept the fund due to currency issue. as per scotiabank they only accept canadian currency thus i send it in U.S dollar. In short, the fund is sent back to Bdo. are you not having the same problem. pls.let mw know..thanks

Reactions: karyl19

Louj

Feb 22, 2018

Louj

Feb 22, 2018
Hi! September intake ako. Kentville din.
Dito po ako sa Bahrain ngayon.
Ikaw, ofw din ba?
Hi belle, ask ko lang sana if kumuha ka ng police clearance sa bahrain for your application ng student visa kasi dati din po ako ofw kakauwi ko lang last may.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Hi po ano school ang di ng aaccept ng ielts. Salamat po sa pagsagot.
Marami sa Alberta liek SAIT NAIT and Bow valley. Merong iilan sa BC like Okanagan at meron rin iilan sa ON like Conestoga.

Hello po @scorpio1641 at @kapatid at sa mga seniors dito,

I have a question po. Di ko po kasi na declare yong girlfriend ko as common law partner during my application of study permit. Possible po ba that after I have completed my studies and post graduate permit. When I am going to apply for my permanent residency status, pwede ko ba e declare yong partner ko po as common law partner?. Will there be a problem po? Thanks po in advance.
Since hindi mo siya dineclare pumasok ka sa Canada na walang common law. Ngayong nagaral ka sa Canada hindi mo pwede maging common law ang hindi mo nakasama ng 12 months sa iisang bubong. In short hindi mo siya pwede masponsoran under common law. Kailangan niyo magpakasal para maging spouse kayo.

Sorry, one more question. If ever need pa po ba ng police clerance from country na ng stay ng more than 6mos.to aooly for student visa. Salamat po
Any country na tinirhan mo cumulative ng 6 months and more you need police clearance for that.