+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

EuniceM

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
PHL
Category........
App. Filed.......
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2019
Hello,

I have no IELTS. English as Medium of Instruction Certificate only was provided.
Ohh, where can I get that kind of certificate? :eek: what course pala tinatake mo? :) Balak ko kase sa Centennial and need daw dun ng IELTS with band 6.5 score.

Khatt

Jul 27, 2016
You can find the processing time here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/
Just select:
What are you applying for? Visiting, studying, working temporarily
Which temporary residence application? Study permit
Where are you applying from? Philippines

So currently, it will take 7 weeks if you're applying from the Philippines.

They regularly update the processing times.
Hi Tinzz,

Thanks!
One more question, pag regular stream kahit no need to submit Ielts na?
Nakapag take na kasi ako ng ielts yun nga lang general training sya so basically di sya pwede..

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Nakapag take na kasi ako ng ielts yun nga lang general training sya so basically di sya pwede..
Hi. Ang IELTS po kasi, or any language proficiency test, is a requirement from the school for your admission. While yung SDS requires IELTS, that's because it's a new stream that is in partnership with select schools. If you don't have Academic IELTS, then you have to find a school that will admit you po muna. Meron pong ibang schools that do not require a language proficiency test. Once you have your Letter of Acceptance, yan po yung one of the requirements that you will need to submit when you apply for your study permit, whether online or paper based.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Hi. Ang IELTS po kasi, or any language proficiency test, is a requirement from the school for your admission. While yung SDS requires IELTS, that's because it's a new stream that is in partnership with select schools. If you don't have Academic IELTS, then you have to find a school that will admit you po muna. Meron pong ibang schools that do not require a language proficiency test. Once you have your Letter of Acceptance, yan po yung one of the requirements that you will need to submit when you apply for your study permit, whether online or paper based.
Kahit hindi nirerequire ng school ng IELTS pwede ka pa rin magsubmit ng IELTS result para lang ipadaan sa SDS

tinzzz

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2021
AOR Received.
28-07-2021
Hi Tinzz,

Thanks!
IELTS ko is general training lang din. But I also have a PTE Academic score report so I used that to meet the language requirements of my school. I just explained that in my SOP when I applied for study permit online.

snickers_21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Did your school accep
IELTS ko is general training lang din. But I also have a PTE Academic score report so I used that to meet the language requirements of my school. I just explained that in my SOP when I applied for study permit online.
Did your school accept your PTE Academic? Ano school mo? Usually kasi IELTS ang requirement ng school. Wala akong nabasa na PTE Academic nun nagreresearch ako ng school.

tinzzz

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2021
AOR Received.
28-07-2021
Did your school accep

Did your school accept your PTE Academic? Ano school mo? Usually kasi IELTS ang requirement ng school. Wala akong nabasa na PTE Academic nun nagreresearch ako ng school.
Yes, they did. Got my LOA last January. Nakalagay siya sa website ng school na inapplyan ko https://www.nscc.ca/admissions/applying/admission_requirements.asp
Nag email din ako sa admissions office ng school to confirm.
Check out the list of schools that accepts PTE scores from this thread. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-i-apply-in-spp-with-pte-score-please-help.488200/

Last edited:

tinzzz

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2021
AOR Received.
28-07-2021
Reactions: Ryan_

annmaple

Feb 25, 2018
Hi,

Question lang po. Kelangan po bang participating school if applying under SDS program?

Ito po kasi yung description:
"Admission to a full-time program in a publicly-funded post-secondary institution such as universities, colleges, institutes or CÉGEP;"

Confused lang po, kasi when I asked Norquest if they are a participating college under SDS, they said no. And then I have read po sa scotiabank gic (and above if publicly-funded) na pwede pa din po mag-apply if hindi participating school. However, confused ulit if yung magiging process (if hindi po participating and will avail the scotiabank gic) is under SDS?

Louj

Feb 22, 2018
Hi Tinzz,

Thanks!

Hi po ano ibig sabihin ng regular stream? Sorry, gsto ko din kasi mag apply kaso wala pa din ako ielts. Pede po kumuha certificate na english ang medium of instruction.