+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

mayee

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Question po, gaano po katagal pa pag nakalagay sa status is "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when the decision has been made."

Started application Sep 9. Pang 11 weeks na nung application. Pasado na rin yun Medicals ko.
bakit di mo sila kinocontact? 9 weeks ang normal processing time, baka kasi maya natatabunan lang application. 11 weeks na pala

Hi guys. I just received an email from the embassy for document request. I used an Travel Agent to file my application. Can anyone help me out with this one? I don't know what to do? Is this a good sign or a bad? Kinakabahan ako lalo eh.

Email from embassy:

"Dear Applicant:

This refers to your application for a Study Permit.

In order to continue the processing of your application, please provide the following information/documents:

- Your signed Use of Rep form. Please download the form from: LINK

Information on who is a representative: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/rep-who.asp

The above information/documents are required within 5 days of this letter. At that time, your application will be reviewed and concluded on the basis of the information on file. Failure to submit the requested information may result in the refusal of your application."

Reactions: mayee

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
When I applied for my study permit online, I did my medical exam upfront. A few days after submitting my application, my medical was updated to "passed". For me, it's up to you if you prefer to do upfront or wait. Since, you'll have to do it either way, why not do it early so you spend less time waiting? Whether you do it upfront or wait, the results will be uploaded to the same database anyway to give the VO access to your medical records. Upfront or not, they still check if your eligibility.

mayee

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
When I applied for my study permit online, I did my medical exam upfront. A few days after submitting my application, my medical was updated to "passed". For me, it's up to you if you prefer to do upfront or wait. Since, you'll have to do it either way, why not do it early so you spend less time waiting? Whether you do it upfront or wait, the results will be uploaded to the same database anyway to give the VO access to your medical records. Upfront or not, they still check if your eligibility.
Kung hindi ka po pa eligible, tatapusin po nila yung whole process ng application, i mean icoconsume po nila lahat ng weeks? bago ka nila inotify na hindi ka eligible?

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Kung hindi ka po pa eligible, tatapusin po nila yung whole process ng application, i mean icoconsume po nila lahat ng weeks? bago ka nila inotify na hindi ka eligible?
Th number of weeks for processing is an estimate based on the amount of applications they receive. In my case, I applied when the processing time was estimated at 8 weeks but I got my refusal on the 5th week. Based on the CAIPS I requested, the first VO checked all my requirements and made some notes. When everything was complete and in order, may note that said something like my case was ready for review. Then another officer did the eligibility review and made the final decision.

So the whole process of application is an estimate based on other cases handled at that time. Pwede mapa-aga, pwede ma-delay. So at this point, there's really nothing to do but wait. Unless nga the processing goes beyond the estimated time, they let you write a case specific inquiry to follow up. I've been there before so I know it's agonizing pero ganoon talaga ang proseso. Nakakapraning mag antay ng resulta.

Tin87

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Th number of weeks for processing is an estimate based on the amount of applications they receive. In my case, I applied when the processing time was estimated at 8 weeks but I got my refusal on the 5th week. Based on the CAIPS I requested, the first VO checked all my requirements and made some notes. When everything was complete and in order, may note that said something like my case was ready for review. Then another officer did the eligibility review and made the final decision.

So the whole process of application is an estimate based on other cases handled at that time. Pwede mapa-aga, pwede ma-delay. So at this point, there's really nothing to do but wait. Unless nga the processing goes beyond the estimated time, they let you write a case specific inquiry to follow up. I've been there before so I know it's agonizing pero ganoon talaga ang proseso. Nakakapraning mag antay ng resulta.
When is the peak season? Mostly

mayee

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017

pang 9th week ko na this week po. And hindi sila naguupdate sa cic account, medicals lang talaga. Haay... will just wait na lang po talaga sa final decision.

gailannetoni

Nov 22, 2017
bakit di mo sila kinocontact? 9 weeks ang normal processing time, baka kasi maya natatabunan lang application. 11 weeks na pala
May ganong cases pala? Heto yun status sa account ko:

Application status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Not applicable.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Baka kasi makulitan sila pag nagtanong ako. Haha Tapos yung 11 weeks pa na yan, hindi ko na sinama Saturday and Sunday.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Question po, gaano po katagal pa pag nakalagay sa status is "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when the decision has been made."

Started application Sep 9. Pang 11 weeks na nung application. Pasado na rin yun Medicals ko.
Mukhang mahaba na yung processing time mo. Nasa 50-50 na yung application mo either pass or fail.

Hi guys. I just received an email from the embassy for document request. I used an Travel Agent to file my application. Can anyone help me out with this one? I don't know what to do? Is this a good sign or a bad? Kinakabahan ako lalo eh.

Email from embassy:

"Dear Applicant:

This refers to your application for a Study Permit.

In order to continue the processing of your application, please provide the following information/documents:

- Your signed Use of Rep form. Please download the form from: LINK

Information on who is a representative: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/rep-who.asp

The above information/documents are required within 5 days of this letter. At that time, your application will be reviewed and concluded on the basis of the information on file. Failure to submit the requested information may result in the refusal of your application."
This is what you get when you use the help of an unauthorized representative.
Read the link provided.
You should have either do it yourself or you seek a help from an authorized rep (RCIC or Immigration lawyer).
A travel agency cannot charge you for a fee for helping you in this application.
Best you can do here is go to that travel agency and let them sign the use of rep form because that's what they are asking. Although you provide that Use of rep form, the future of your application is still uncertain.

Markc06

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hi totoo ba na kahit walang ielts my pag asa pa din ma approved ng embassy application mo? As long as mabigyan kana ng loa ng school?

Hindi ba ma ququestion ng embassy kung bkt wala kang ielts?

imnotgoodatthat

Sep 18, 2017
Category........
Hi totoo ba na kahit walang ielts my pag asa pa din ma approved ng embassy application mo? As long as mabigyan kana ng loa ng school?

Hindi ba ma ququestion ng embassy kung bkt wala kang ielts?
Some would present a certification from their school (in the Philippines) na English yung medium of instruction nila. Not so sure but this is what I got from the previous posts I've read. Hope this helps!

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Wow dami new applicants! I wish you guys all the best! Pasensya na po sobra busy lang sa trabaho. Bisy po kasi sa gobyerno pag towards end of year. :) Just read EVERYTHING here and most of your doubts and questions will be cleared.

Around 2.5 years ago, I started my application as a student, landed here, and then recieved the PR invitation to apply during my 4th semester. We became PRs just after my graduation! I just got the PR cards lastweek and drove to New York to celebrate hehe

Kung nagawa namin, kaya niyo din! The key to our success is reading a lot, and research. Yung mga "abugado" na nga ang nagtatanung sa akin. Hehe It's natural to ask around but it would be best to find the answers yourself. Afterall, would you base your decision that involves millions of pesos on others?

Friendly reminder lang naman po yung sa akin kasi gusto ko po ma approve kayo lahat. If you're used to being spoonfed, then you will not survive here so take this student visa application as your training in a fast paced and competitve environment. :)

Markc06

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hi ask ko lang specially dun sa mga business course. Ano po ba yung business level and then level 2 and 3 and 4. Pano po yun?

Thank you

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Just to add, the international centers of schools can also answer questions. I've asked them numerous times via email and they respond within a day or two. In humber for example, they have an entire team just for this kasi ang laki ng market and kita sa international student. Ang bayad natin is around 7.5k per sem pero ang domestic is nasa 3k lang. Ang saklap di ba? Pero worth it naman in the end hehe