+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Whitedy_

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
PH
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
"Low chance" is already a redflag. I will personally not risk spending a huge sum for a "low chance" of success. Best is to know what school they are offering to you and find out if that school is private or public. If you back read a bit, you'll find out that there is a reason bakit mas mura si private, kasi mas malaki chance na di qualify magka pgwp after.
possible po kaya na wait ko muna approval ng study permit then change school ako? thank you po.

katecenteno

Sep 7, 2017
Hi, Good Day!

I'm here in this critical condition, I'm about to lodge my application next week. First, I dont know if strong na yung application ko kasi I do have a lawyer. 2nd, worried ako kasi wala akong IELTS. Kmuha lang ako ng English form from College school ko. January 2018 intake. And also, processing palang yung FBI ko. May chances ba na ma-approve or ma-deny yung visa ko?

Sobrang Thankyou po sa mga mag-r

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015

Whitedy_

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
PH
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
need po ba inform ang CIC? yung sa private school po kasi course duration is 18 months. Paano po kapag 24 months yung sa new school? Do I just request for extension? thanks po ulit.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
hello po sir. I wasn't aware na need ng school to be on the pgwp approved list para ma grant ng pgwp. when I found out about this, I asked my admission officer and was told na low chance lang yung pgwp approval. Pero wala naman siya nasabi na di ako ma grant ng pgwp at all. What do you think is the best thing to do po?
Your school is probably a private school that used to grant PGWP back then but not now. Dont tell me its Herzing.
Anyway what you can do is get a seat from a public school, arrive early so that you can refund whatever you can from that private school, change school and notify the CIC.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Guys, I've noticed in some facebook groups na may mga nagpapanggap na consultant/expert pero sa katunayan is gumagamit lang ng google or nagbabasa lang sa forums. May nabisto lastweek na nagpi-PM sa mga nagtatanong and offering his/her service and claiming na expert siya. Pag di na niya alam ang sagot, nagtatanong na sa mga tunay na experts. Ingat po tayo sa mga gusto pagkakitaan ang mga aspiring applicants. This recently happened in an international fb page and it can also happen to a pinoy one so ingat nalang po tayo. Na ban na yung taong yun but it is always easy to create another fb account and join again.

Kaya po ako lagi nagpopost dito is para mag give back sa community and para di na kailanganin ng consultant. If you feel that you need one, hanapan po ninyo ng credentials, accreditation and license. It is your right as a paying customer. For example, if nagtayo ako kunyari ng consulting firm, alam na alam na naman ng tao dito na I did the whole 9 yards from student to PR and I can get my accreditation if I wanted to as well to establish my expertise. Meron din ako selfie and video with the prime minister hehe

Anyways, sorry for ranting. Basta ingat po tayo and always be cautious and do your own research. Dami po kasi nabibiktima and worse, nabibjgyan ng maling advice. Yun lang po and happy Monday sa pinas!
:)
You can post video and selfies with the prime minister but never state in any form that using your service will speed up the process or increase the success rate of visa approval. That is against code of professional ethics.

Also I do agree with you. Kapag naningil na sila pwede na sila ireport for immigration fraud.

And end up like this woman here.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/fort-mcmurray-woman-acting-unauthorised-immigration-consultant-correction-1.4309896

Feel ko mas worse yung maling advice.
A big company in Philippines, just big, have no knowledge of the Canadian immigration system advice a student to not include the time she spend in america to avoid the hassle of getting an FBI clearance. That is clearly misrepresentation. If she had a prior conviction in the US then even if she is a citizen, the government will revoke that citizenship.

Reactions: lonelyboy 2017

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Hi, Good Day!

I'm here in this critical condition, I'm about to lodge my application next week. First, I dont know if strong na yung application ko kasi I do have a lawyer. 2nd, worried ako kasi wala akong IELTS. Kmuha lang ako ng English form from College school ko. January 2018 intake. And also, processing palang yung FBI ko. May chances ba na ma-approve or ma-deny yung visa ko?

Sobrang Thankyou po sa mga mag-r
If your lawyer is a licensed immigration lawyer then you are in good hands. But I still know a lawyer who fucked up an application because the client is an OFW and not in Philippines.

Reactions: lonelyboy 2017

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
need po ba inform ang CIC? yung sa private school po kasi course duration is 18 months. Paano po kapag 24 months yung sa new school? Do I just request for extension? thanks po ulit.
You need to notify CIC if you will chance school. If the duration of the program does not fit in your SP duration then you need to extend your SP.

Whitedy_

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
PH
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
Your school is probably a private school that used to grant PGWP back then but not now. Dont tell me its Herzing.
Anyway what you can do is get a seat from a public school, arrive early so that you can refund whatever you can from that private school, change school and notify the CIC.
today po dapat start ng school ko eh but then still waiting for study permit approval. Not sure po kung pwede pa mag parefund...

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
today po dapat start ng school ko eh but then still waiting for study permit approval. Not sure po kung pwede pa mag parefund...
Dapat pinacancel mo at pinarefund. Private college naman yun so hindi sure ang PGWP unless kukunin mo degree

j3m24

Oct 3, 2017
hello po! required po ba ang ielts for student visa if exempted nmn ang PH for proof of English Language Proficiency s NAIT? please help to clarify po. TIA

j3m24

Oct 3, 2017
Hi I just want to say thank you so much for this forum. This one is very helpful po talaga sa mga ng DIY po.. Kakaprove lang po ng application ko hehe heres my timeline po.

“God has a reason for allowing things to happen. We may never understand His wisdom, but we simply have to trust His Will.”

Finally, the long wait is over. Thank you Lord.

Heres’ my application timeline:

Type of Application: Paper Based
Visa Office: VFS Cebu
Upfront Medical: July 14, 2017
Application Filled: July 19, 2017
Application received by Canadian Embassy: July 24, 2017
Medical Exam Results Approved: July 31, 2017
Final Decision: Visa issued on September 13, 2017
Kakapick up lang ng Passport ko kahapon :)

Here’s the list of documents that I have submitted:
CIC Forms: Single Applicant lang po ako
Document Checklist (IMM 5483E)
Document Checklist Philippines (IMM5836E)
Application for Study Permit - made outside canada (IM1294E)
Family Information (IMM 5645)

Personal Documents:
Current Valid Passport – Validity must cover the length of your program
Two Photos – Based on Canadian Visa Application Photograph Specifications
Personal Study Plan – 3 pages
Birth certificate – Original Copy (Marami kasi akong copy)
NBI Clearance - Must be 3 months old purpose should be "VISA-CANADA"
High school Diploma - Certified True Copy
High school Transcripts - Certified True Copy
College Diploma - Certified True Copy
College Transcripts - Certified True Copy
Certification of Graduation from University - Certified True Copy
IELTS Result - Certified True Copy
COE of all previous employees - all original copies
COE Current Employee (currently employed up to now) - original copy
Employment Contract - Current Employee & Previous employee all are in photocopy
ITR – Current and Previous Employers (photocopy only)
Recommendation Letter from our Department Technical Head – ako lang yong gumawa at pinapirmahan ko sa boss ko

Academic Documents from Designated School from Canada:
Letter of Acceptance (LOA) from NAIT
Fee Schedules (Official receipt of Registration and down payment of tuition Fee from the school, tuition fee schedule for 1st and 2nd semester, class schedule, meal plans and miscellaneous expenses)
Course Outline/Curriculum – Just print out from schools’ website

Proof of Financial Support:
Affidavit of Support from my Father - ng search lang ako ng format at ako yong gumawa, pinasign at pinanotarized ko sa notary public
Summary of Bank Accounts, Investments, and Properties of my parents (printed out)
Bank Certificates per account
6 months Bank Statements per account
Certification Letter from my fathers' Insurance
Car and Land Properties – Photocopies only

Proof of ties Home Country: (Optional)
Parent’s Marriage Certificate – Certified True copy
Mothers’ Death Certificate – certified true copy
Certification Letter from my Insurance
OR and CR of Motorcycle – photocopy only
Land Title under my name (ng pa transfer po talaga ako ng isang titulo from my parents’ properties)

Note: As per VFS, photocopy lang po lahat no need to submit certified true copy of your credentials.

Brief Background of my application:
I plan to take up Instrumentation Engineering Technology sa Northern Alberta Institue of Technology (NAIT) this Winter 2018. I just paid the registration fee and tuition down payment of the school to get the LOA. Currently employed as an MEPF Engineer and a graduate of BS Mechanical Engineer last October 2011. I was never been out of the Philippines, so wala po akong travel history.

Maraming Salamat po.. Lalong lalo po nila sir @mic-mic at @scorpio1641 dahil sa pagsagot po sa mga katanongan ko..at sa lahat po ng sumagot salamat po ng marami... hehe

hello po! required po ba ang ielts for student visa if exempted nmn ang PH for proof of English Language Proficiency s NAIT? please help to clarify po. TIA

Reactions: jhunix

sagi001

May 18, 2017
Pag sa Regular Stream ay optional po. Pero pag mag-SDS ka ay required.

Iambelle

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Hi belle,

Your pgwp lets you stay and work legally in Canada during its validity pero you still need to apply for a visa if you plan to travel outside of canada and come back here :)

Edit: Opo, PR na po ako. Parang kailan lang na ang usapan natin dati is paano maging student hehe
Hi Mic ang bilis naman, how did you do it? Plan to apply early next year. SaTRV ko ilang funds kaya dapay ideclare ko.