+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hi Mic I also have a PGWP na, question is di na ba tatakan ang passport and can I travel outside Canada and come back.
Hi belle,

Your pgwp lets you stay and work legally in Canada during its validity pero you still need to apply for a visa if you plan to travel outside of canada and come back here :)

Edit: Opo, PR na po ako. Parang kailan lang na ang usapan natin dati is paano maging student hehe

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Last september 4,2017 pa nagstart school k.still waiting for the student permit pero good thing monthly naman daw pwede mgstart
Usually po, pag monthly ang intake, private institution po siya. Please make sure that the program you will pursue will aualify for a pgwp po

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Thank you! Kumusta na po? Long time no post :)
I'm getting by, thanks for asking! I got my SP refusal po kasi last July so I've been laying low and giving myself a break. As in literally, mag-babakasyon ako to clear my mind. Naks, ang drama! Haha.

I'm waiting for my CAIPS notes also so I can reapply again. I spoke to my school na din po kasi and asked for deferral. So hopefully, I can start working on my application again in November. And hopefully, I can continue to ask pa rin po for advice here especially since I have to revise my SOP to address my refusal. :)

Also, anybody else attending the EduCanada Fair at Crowne Plaza? If ever, kitakits!

Last edited:
Reactions: lonelyboy 2017

elishajeune

Sep 29, 2017
I think the first thing you have to do is figure out what you want to study. Yes, most people who apply for study permits have intentions of settling in Canada but if you are a bonafide student, you start with finding out what you want to study and where. From there, you can make plans and make things less confusing. Confused about timelines? Figure out which institution you want to attend so you can determine the intakes and the application process. Some schools give their offer letters within a week, others take months. When you identify the school you like, then you also find out what requirements you need to complete like IELTS and getting your school records. If you find out these details, then you can estimate when to apply for your study permit. If you also know which program you want to study, then you can ask the schools present at the EduCanada fair about application process and timelines. SDS program is supposed to stream line your paper based application so you can get a decision within 30 days but that is assuming you have all your requirements ready, including a letter of acceptance from your
I think the first thing you have to do is figure out what you want to study. Yes, most people who apply for study permits have intentions of settling in Canada but if you are a bonafide student, you start with finding out what you want to study and where. From there, you can make plans and make things less confusing. Confused about timelines? Figure out which institution you want to attend so you can determine the intakes and the application process. Some schools give their offer letters within a week, others take months. When you identify the school you like, then you also find out what requirements you need to complete like IELTS and getting your school records. If you find out these details, then you can estimate when to apply for your study permit. If you also know which program you want to study, then you can ask the schools present at the EduCanada fair about application process and timelines. SDS program is supposed to stream line your paper based application so you can get a decision within 30 days but that is assuming you have all your requirements ready, including a letter of acceptance from your chosen school. Good luck!
Thank you, this is very helpful to me. Went to the fair awhile ago and was able to choose a college and a graduate course that i'm going to take. I just need one more opinion, if i'm going to ask help from a consultation agency would there be a difference?

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
I'm getting by, thanks for asking! I got my SP refusal po kasi last July so I've been laying low and giving myself a break. As in literally, mag-babakasyon ako to clear my mind. Naks, ang drama! Haha.

I'm waiting for my CAIPS notes also so I can reapply again. I spoke to my school na din po kasi and asked for deferral. So hopefully, I can start working on my application again in November. And hopefully, I can continue to ask pa rin po for advice here especially since I have to revise my SOP to address my refusal. :)

Also, anybody else attending the EduCanada Fair at Crowne Plaza? If ever, kitakits!
That's great! Keep us updated!

Also, guys ingat ingat po kayo. It came in to my attention may mga sablay na abugado.

Backstory:
May classmate po ako ng d pa tapos kasi may naiwan na isang subject pero fulltime siya nagtatrabaho. Sabi daw ng abugado niya, ok lang daw yun and hahabulin nalang daw na mag apply siya ng PR bago mag graduate. Obviously hindi po pwede yung ganun (violation ng condition ng student visa) pero it's no use to argue dahil hindi naman po ako abugado. If ever po na may nag avise sa inyo ng ganito, alam niyo na baka hindi tunay na abugado yun :)

Jojo16

Sep 30, 2017
Good day po mga sir at ma'am,
Di po ba tinatanggap sa Canada ang TOEFL? Nung naghahanap kasi ako ng college, nakalagay naman sa requirements nila na either of the 2.. Wala po bang problema pagkuha ng Student Permit, kung okay naman dun sa school, na accept ang TOEFL score ko? THanks po.

majaymae

Sep 30, 2017
Hi Guys, just sharing our timeline

Profile : SP + OWP (OFWs)
Date submitted: 11th May 2017
Date Approved: 07 Jun 2017

Docs submitted:

SP
- SOP (course is available in SG; highlighted the career growth and future opportunities by completing the course in canada;will only stay in
canada for the duration that is legally allowed )
- Education Credentials
- LOA with payment receipt
- Proof of funds
- CoE
- Work Visa in SG
- Visas and proof of travels
- Land titles

OWP
-LoE (to convince VO na employable ako sa canada and will only stay in canada for the duration that is legally allowed )
- Education Credentials
- IELTS
- CoE with job description
- Work Visa in SG
- Visas and proof of travels
- Land titles
Hello po, pede pa share nung SOP and LoE nyo po? Salamat - majaymae@yahoo.com

Reactions: tinzzz

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Thank you, this is very helpful to me. Went to the fair awhile ago and was able to choose a college and a graduate course that i'm going to take. I just need one more opinion, if i'm going to ask help from a consultation agency would there be a difference?
You're welcome, glad to have helped! For me, hiring a consultant is a personal choice. If you have the means to pay for it and it gives you some sort of comfort to have someone you can ask anytime, then you can consider it. Is it necessary to get a consultant? Absolutely not. A lot of people have submitted their applications on their own. Plus, I've heard stories about how you end up doing all the work and compiling requirements for the agency anyway. If you read up about the process, applying for the Study Permit can be pretty straight forward. Whether you decide to hire a consultant or not, you will have to make a strong application either way. Good luck!

Reactions: elishajeune

jhunix

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Cebu
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi
May mga PR sa canada at meron ding Landed na mga PR. Sa PR card mo ito yung araw na tumungtong ka sa Canada as a PR of Canada. pano kung nasa Canada ka as a foreign national? Flagpole is exiting the border and coming back again to Canada. It will be the day na recognize ka as Landed immigrant. Mahalaga yan para bilang ang araw mo ng stay sa Canada that can be use to calculate for permanent resident obligation or days of stay to be eligible to apply for citizenship.

Salamat po sa pagsagot kapatid. Additional info po to pra sa amin. Thanks po

jhunix

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Cebu
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
sir may I ask na din po kung ano difference ng DLI Private compare sa Public funded ba DLI? is it cheaper compare to Private when it comes to processing of papers?
Mas recommended po ang public schools dahil makakuha ka ng PGWP after studies compared sa private school which is pahirapan po. When it comes to processing of papers, the same lang po sila. Sa tuition po ang may malaking difference dahil ang public's school cost is twice higher than private schools po.

Whitedy_

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
PH
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
Usually po, pag monthly ang intake, private institution po siya. Please make sure that the program you will pursue will aualify for a pgwp po
hello po sir. I wasn't aware na need ng school to be on the pgwp approved list para ma grant ng pgwp. when I found out about this, I asked my admission officer and was told na low chance lang yung pgwp approval. Pero wala naman siya nasabi na di ako ma grant ng pgwp at all. What do you think is the best thing to do po?

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
hello po sir. I wasn't aware na need ng school to be on the pgwp approved list para ma grant ng pgwp. when I found out about this, I asked my admission officer and was told na low chance lang yung pgwp approval. Pero wala naman siya nasabi na di ako ma grant ng pgwp at all. What do you think is the best thing to do po?
"Low chance" is already a redflag. I will personally not risk spending a huge sum for a "low chance" of success. Best is to know what school they are offering to you and find out if that school is private or public. If you back read a bit, you'll find out that there is a reason bakit mas mura si private, kasi mas malaki chance na di qualify magka pgwp after.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Guys, I've noticed in some facebook groups na may mga nagpapanggap na consultant/expert pero sa katunayan is gumagamit lang ng google or nagbabasa lang sa forums. May nabisto lastweek na nagpi-PM sa mga nagtatanong and offering his/her service and claiming na expert siya. Pag di na niya alam ang sagot, nagtatanong na sa mga tunay na experts. Ingat po tayo sa mga gusto pagkakitaan ang mga aspiring applicants. This recently happened in an international fb page and it can also happen to a pinoy one so ingat nalang po tayo. Na ban na yung taong yun but it is always easy to create another fb account and join again.

Kaya po ako lagi nagpopost dito is para mag give back sa community and para di na kailanganin ng consultant. If you feel that you need one, hanapan po ninyo ng credentials, accreditation and license. It is your right as a paying customer. For example, if nagtayo ako kunyari ng consulting firm, alam na alam na naman ng tao dito na I did the whole 9 yards from student to PR and I can get my accreditation if I wanted to as well to establish my expertise. Meron din ako selfie and video with the prime minister hehe

Anyways, sorry for ranting. Basta ingat po tayo and always be cautious and do your own research. Dami po kasi nabibiktima and worse, nabibjgyan ng maling advice. Yun lang po and happy Monday sa pinas!
:)