+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Sis congrats! Galing u got it in just in a month. I wonder if through vfs, how did you see updates? E generic di b updates nila? Thank you for your patience.
You cannot see the update if you did a paper base application. You need to link it online to see the updates.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Hi! Ano po dapat isagot sa question no. 9, I selected "CITIZEN" then need to fill up "From" and "To" - sa "From" I indicated my birthday, sa "To" ano dapat ilagay e citizenship natin is for life as long as we want to keep it.

Sabi sa cic - it should be greater than the date today - ANO PO GINAWA NYO?
Thanks and God bless sa sasagot.
Doesn't matter sa TO sa 9 basta not today . You can even put a date 50 yrs from now. Put 50 yrs from now to be safe.

Reactions: journey namin

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Hi Sir @kapatid,

Ano po ba yong flagpole sir?. Kailangan po ba natin yan during mag aaply ng PR?. Thanks po sir
May mga PR sa canada at meron ding Landed na mga PR. Sa PR card mo ito yung araw na tumungtong ka sa Canada as a PR of Canada. pano kung nasa Canada ka as a foreign national? Flagpole is exiting the border and coming back again to Canada. It will be the day na recognize ka as Landed immigrant. Mahalaga yan para bilang ang araw mo ng stay sa Canada that can be use to calculate for permanent resident obligation or days of stay to be eligible to apply for citizenship.

Reactions: jhunix

Whitedy_

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
PH
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
Ikaw b when ng pass? Through Vfs din? Was thinking nga with all the holidays here in Manila the past weeks baka dapat iminus un s pgcount ng days waaaH...
VFS-Makati, application on 14th Aug. Akala ko may update na this week. Sana by next week meron na. Ma-approve na tayong lahat!

gail yu

May 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-4-14
Med's Request
27-04-14
Med's Done....
06-05-14
Passport Req..
03-06-14
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-14
LANDED..........
17-07-14
2 years post grad po
how did u apply for CEC in 2017 and got invited bgo mu natapos mu ung program? di ba need 1yr work experience?

Reactions: angelbam

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
how did u apply for CEC in 2017 and got invited bgo mu natapos mu ung program? di ba need 1yr work experience?
It's a long story and best to just read my previous posts po to understand :)
Trust me, you will learn A LOT if you back read my story. I already helped more than 20 forumers get here and counting :)

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Congratulations po sir micmic... hehe Justice is Served po talaga...God Bless po sa inyo.. by the way po after studies anong pathway po kinuha ninyo sir?
Pathway to success po :p
Seriously though, your ITA will indicate what track you will be in once you are selected, unless you decided to apply via PNP.

Flagpoling po is just a slang for when nag cross kayo sa isang boarder ng bansa and then literally just did a u-turn. We had to do it kasi inland PR applicant po kami. We only spent 10 minutes sa US boarder. Naki gamit lang kami ng CR tapos pina u-turn na kami hehe

The more advisable process is you book an appointment with CIC for "inland" landing and you will just get an appointment scheduled after a few weeks.

Meron lang kasi kami hinahabol na trip sa ibang bansa in the coming weeks kaya we decided to just drive to the boarder to activate the PR status.

As additional info, we had to renew our SIN and ohip dahil PR na kami. We did it today. Natawa nga yung mga tao kasi sabi nila, kaka renew niyo lang tapos palit ulit kaya di na kami pina update ng picture :)

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
May mga PR sa canada at meron ding Landed na mga PR. Sa PR card mo ito yung araw na tumungtong ka sa Canada as a PR of Canada. pano kung nasa Canada ka as a foreign national? Flagpole is exiting the border and coming back again to Canada. It will be the day na recognize ka as Landed immigrant. Mahalaga yan para bilang ang araw mo ng stay sa Canada that can be use to calculate for permanent resident obligation or days of stay to be eligible to apply for citizenship.
I just hope that the legislation that counts 50% of your physical stay in Canada as an international student/worker will take affect soon para ok na :D

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Hi, I am a fresh graduate of BSHRM here in the Philippines and I'm interested to study in Canada because I want to settle there for good. I don't have a family there but my parents are willing to fund me if it's a good investment.
Can someone help where do I start. I read up online (still confused) and asked one of my friends who is currently studying in Australia now who told me that she managed to process her application only for a month with the help of IDP Education. But I personally wanted to know more from those filipino students who is actually studying in Canada rather than just ask a counselor in IDP. There's an EduCanada fair going on right now here and I'm planning to go there tomorrow although I still want your opinions.
There's also a link that I saw online about preparing to study abroad that I need to apply at least a year in advance and also about the SDS Program. I'm really confused. I hope someone can help me here. Is it really going to take that long to process my application even if there's SDS Program?
I think the first thing you have to do is figure out what you want to study. Yes, most people who apply for study permits have intentions of settling in Canada but if you are a bonafide student, you start with finding out what you want to study and where. From there, you can make plans and make things less confusing. Confused about timelines? Figure out which institution you want to attend so you can determine the intakes and the application process. Some schools give their offer letters within a week, others take months. When you identify the school you like, then you also find out what requirements you need to complete like IELTS and getting your school records. If you find out these details, then you can estimate when to apply for your study permit. If you also know which program you want to study, then you can ask the schools present at the EduCanada fair about application process and timelines. SDS program is supposed to stream line your paper based application so you can get a decision within 30 days but that is assuming you have all your requirements ready, including a letter of acceptance from your chosen school. Good luck!

Reactions: elishajeune

Iambelle

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
It's a long story and best to just read my previous posts po to understand :)
Trust me, you will learn A LOT if you back read my story. I already helped more than 20 forumers get here and counting :)
Hi Mic I also have a PGWP na, question is di na ba tatakan ang passport and can I travel outside Canada and come back.

Sep 18, 2017
Hi Sir I suggest you look in the Designated list of institutions in CIC website. Heres the link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-institutions-list.asp

I suggest kunin mo is public funded institutions/schools sir. You can opt to see this link pra mas madali and then check mo nlang sa CIC website if they are in the Designated List of Institutions. Here's the link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colleges_in_Canada
sir may I ask na din po kung ano difference ng DLI Private compare sa Public funded ba DLI? is it cheaper compare to Private when it comes to processing of papers?