+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

imnotgoodatthat

Sep 18, 2017
Category........
Hello again!

I have a question sana. While I'm applying for a student permit, ipapadala din ba yung passport ko? I'm planning to travel sana this november and hoping to pass my sp application din hopefully before november. (Waiting on my LOA from school so I can pass my application)

grace17ca

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati
App. Filed.......
01-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-09-2017
Congratulations!

Just like to share that I did my PR landing today! It's finally official! I believe that I am the only one so far na mula student, naka PR in 2 years since I landed (not counted yung nag asawa ng pr ha hehe) as a student here.

Salamat sa mga nagdasal para sa amin and I hope we inspired you guys!

Lahat ng luho na tinalikudan namin sa pinas, lahat ng luha, lait, insulto at hirap na dinanas namin habang nag aaral pa lang ako, sa wakas, unti unti na nagbubunga! Just landed my dream company as well so double celebration for us. :)

Kung nagawa namin, mas lalo na kayo!

Mabuhay tayong lahat!
Congratulations po. Anong program for PR ang inapplyan nyo sir?

Sep 18, 2017
Hello again!

I have a question sana. While I'm applying for a student permit, ipapadala din ba yung passport ko? I'm planning to travel sana this november and hoping to pass my sp application din hopefully before november. (Waiting on my LOA from school so I can pass my application)
May I ask if you tried serching for schools by yourself or by the help of a councellor?
And where do you find your school?

adds.17

Sep 11, 2017
Hi! Welcome!!

I'll try my best to answer some of your questions. But before that, I'd like to ask your intention of going to Canada. If it is to do a course that will eventually lead to a working visa and staying in Canada after your studies, I don't think the 7month caregiver course qualifies you for a postgraduate work permit. It states in the CIC website that you are only eligible for the PGWP if you completed a program of study that lasted for at least 8 months. Please refer to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

without a PGWP, you may only stay in Canada for the duration of your studies unless you receive a working visa (may employer na mag sponsor sayo which is mahirap din in itself, so you do need a postgraduate work permit to be able to work after finishing your course, pero depende din yun sa length of studies mo). I suggest you call up that school and ask them about this kasi baka mamya magbayad ka na tapos di pala eligible. Sayang pera mo, uuwi ka nyan after ng course mo unless makahanap ka ng magsponsor ng work visa mo at magawan ka ng visa before mag end yung validity ng study permit mo. (Note: seniors please correct me if I'm wrong)

Yes, your relatives may sponsor your studies in Canada. There is a list of requirements in the CIC website detailing the financial documents they need to provide, like bank account statements dating 3-6months back, income tax returns, payslips or business permits, etc. plus proof of your relationship, birth certs or kung ano man, and a letter or affidavit of support from them na sila talaga sasagot sa gastusin mo sa Canada.

Unfortunately, while the student visa route could be one of the easier ways to get to Canada, it is also one of the more expensive. I paid around 15k CAD for the 1 yr program I enrolled in. Tapos have to consider pa living expenses, school expenses. Etc. I don't know of any 1 yr courses that are not at around the 13k+ CAD range. So pag isipan mo maigi. This is a big investment!

Good luck!!! God bless and I pray for your success!!
O ano po program nu

adds.17

Sep 11, 2017
Tama po yan
Then they should start first abolishing the last requirement - must show family ties to home country. 80% of the rejection ay dahil jan. So kung napagtanto pala nila na we are a good addition to their population eh tigil-tigilan na nila ang pg rereject due to "the VO was not convinced that you will return to your country after your studies" hehe sorry hugot lang. Just saying

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hello again!

Hello!

For online applications(not sure about paper based), you will be asked to submit your passport when your application is approved po.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015

ika_07

Sep 18, 2017
Good day! I want to ask if anyone here applied for GIC in scotia bank? I've already transferred my account, its been 2 weeks still I don't have reply from the scotia. The bank in the Philippines said that scotia have already received it because they already have transaction number. What I will do :( please help
SDS po kayo? Do you need a dollar account from PH to purchase GIC?

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Guys, may kagaya po ng handle name ko dito and nagpopost sa mga facebook groups. Hindi po ako yun. :(

imnotgoodatthat

Sep 18, 2017
Category........
Hello!

For online applications(not sure about paper based), you will be asked to submit your passport when your application is approved po.
Really? So if online application, instead of the actual passport, yung bio page lng ng passport ang to be scanned? Would this be more time consuming po ba? What would you suggest po? :)

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Really? So if online application, instead of the actual passport, yung bio page lng ng passport ang to be scanned? Would this be more time consuming po ba? What would you suggest po? :)
Page with your photo and details plus scans of your existing visas and stamps (unless the requirements changed). Once approved, only then will they request for your passport to be mailed so the sticker/visa can be attacjed to your passport po

grace17ca

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati
App. Filed.......
01-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-09-2017
Congratulations!

Just like to share that I did my PR landing today! It's finally official! I believe that I am the only one so far na mula student, naka PR in 2 years since I landed (not counted yung nag asawa ng pr ha hehe) as a student here.

Salamat sa mga nagdasal para sa amin and I hope we inspired you guys!

Lahat ng luho na tinalikudan namin sa pinas, lahat ng luha, lait, insulto at hirap na dinanas namin habang nag aaral pa lang ako, sa wakas, unti unti na nagbubunga! Just landed my dream company as well so double celebration for us. :)

Kung nagawa namin, mas lalo na kayo!

Mabuhay tayong lahat!

Hello po ulit. Ask ko lang po sana kasi you mentioned na CEC program nyo then na PR na kayo within 2 years, I would just like to ask kung pwede na po ba mag apply under cec kahit di pa natatapos studies?