+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Congratulations!

Just like to share that I did my PR landing today! It's finally official! I believe that I am the only one so far na mula student, naka PR in 2 years since I landed (not counted yung nag asawa ng pr ha hehe) as a student here.

Salamat sa mga nagdasal para sa amin and I hope we inspired you guys!

Lahat ng luho na tinalikudan namin sa pinas, lahat ng luha, lait, insulto at hirap na dinanas namin habang nag aaral pa lang ako, sa wakas, unti unti na nagbubunga! Just landed my dream company as well so double celebration for us. :)

Kung nagawa namin, mas lalo na kayo!

Mabuhay tayong lahat!

Last edited:

pinay-nay

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Category........
App. Filed.......
17 July 2017
Doc's Request.
none
Med's Request
none
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
Submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
07 August 2017
LANDED..........
27 August 2017
Congratulations!

Just like to share that I did my PR landing today! It's finally official! I believe that I am the only one so far na mula student, naka PR in 2 years since I landed.

Lahat ng luho na tinalikudan namin sa pinas, lahat ng luha, lait, insulto at hirap na dinanas namin habang nag aaral pa lang ako, sa wakas, unti unti na nagbubunga! Just landed my dream company as well so double celebration for us. :)

Mabuhay tayong lahat!
Congrats Sir mic-mic. Good luck. God bless you and your family.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Salamat po! I'll always be here kasi naniniwala ako na to experience good things, you have to do good things to others first!

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Congratulations!

Just like to share that I did my PR landing today! It's finally official! I believe that I am the only one so far na mula student, naka PR in 2 years since I landed (not counted yung nag asawa ng pr ha hehe) as a student here.

Mabuhay tayong lahat!
Saan ka nag flagpole?

Sep 18, 2017
does anyone in here tried to seek help in IDP? I’ve seen their website through google and it seems that they are good at helping people to study abroad. I’ve already scheduled my appointment. Do you think it is good to ask a councellor?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
does anyone in here tried to seek help in IDP? I’ve seen their website through google and it seems that they are good at helping people to study abroad. I’ve already scheduled my appointment. Do you think it is good to ask a councellor?
They are a company that do IELTS exams. They have no idea about the Canadian Immigration system. They say they help for free but they get 10-20% of your tuition, which makes them the biggest ghost consultant. Careful on dealing with ghost consultants. They might gave you a wrong advice and might end up in misrepresentation.

emc2

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Hello!

We are in mississauga and the expenses are not too far off from Toronto. We are a family of 3 as well and ang gastos namin monthly is as follows:

2 br condo: 2k
Car insurance: 350
After school care: 500
Internet and cellphone: 130
Grocery: depende sa inyo but put it at 200 per month
Extras: depende din sa lifestyle

Note that the rent is the killer so another option is find a basement and it will just be around 1k per month pero if you are in downtown toronto, wala basement.. You have to find one outside the donwtown area po
Naloka ako sa 2k sa Condo, sa Nova Scotia, 1200 may 2-br condo kana, npapaisip tuloy ako if aalis pa ako sa probinsya hahaha

emc2

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Yup. Like I said, must have DLI and the program itself must qualify. Of course people have to do their own diligence as well because of some practices of private schools. I also mentioned numerous times in the past that it is best to go for public kahit na mas mahal, mas malaki chance but people STILL have to make sure that the PROGRAM qualifies apart from the institution having a DLI. ;)
Hi Sir Mic, ako public ako aaral pero panu mo mlalaman if un program mo qualify for PGWP?

Reactions: angelbam and jhunix
Sep 18, 2017
They are a company that do IELTS exams. They have no idea about the Canadian Immigration system. They say they help for free but they get 10-20% of your tuition, which makes them the biggest ghost consultant. Careful on dealing with ghost consultants. They might gave you a wrong advice and might end up in misrepresentation.

But may I ask if you have any suggestions or recommendation of what company should I go to help me with my process?

emc2

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Coming out of hibernation just to say wow, you're still having a go at Kapatid? Dude, get over it already.

Has anybody else encountered delays requesting for CAIPS notes? I applied for mine first week of August and until now, I haven't gotten an update yet. But to end on a pleasant note, I hope the new students are adjusting well to their new environment!
Di mo rin kinaya si Kuya? ahahhaha

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Naloka ako sa 2k sa Condo, sa Nova Scotia, 1200 may 2-br condo kana, npapaisip tuloy ako if aalis pa ako sa probinsya hahaha
Kasama na po doon 2 parking spots for 2 cars and water and electricy hehe Mas mura po yata talaga sa ibang provinces kaya plano na namin (if God willing) bumili ng bahay next year pag sure na kami tatagal sa mga trabaho namin para hindi sayang ang hulog sa renta:(

Location also plays an important role. Masa downtonw mississauga po kasi kami and lahat accesible like bus station and GO bus stations and malls. If we move away from the center, we trade off travel and distance from work pero mas mura siguro ng mga 3 to 5 hundred

Last edited:

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hi Sir Mic, ako public ako aaral pero panu mo mlalaman if un program mo qualify for PGWP?
It has to satisfy the requirements of immigration po na atleast 8 months continuous and wala online or distance learning components po. Usually po, pag public na may DLI, kelangan lang is atleast 2 sem and wala online classes. Pag private naman po, apart from DLI, kelangan po yata si program mismo is accredited. There's a reason bakit mas mura si private and this is one of the reasons why hehe

Best is go public po

journey namin

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
Hi, apply again, i was refused twice too. Nakuha ko s pangatlong application.
Hi Gail Yu,

That was encouraging...3 times and you've never given up!
May I know kung ano2 ang pinalitan mo sa application mo?
Also did you apply for yourself lang or with your spouse OWP (if married lang po :))?

Thanks...I am just gathering different info before i file my re-submission.
Thanks and God bless!