+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Yes! I'm also preparing everything for the SP application. Btw, would you suggest po ba na I do my medical upfront para diredirecho na or should I wait for an advise?
I would suggest that you do an upfront medical. Less things to worry when your medical request will arrive = less stress. You will only wait for the decision which is around 7-8 weeks.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Good day guys! I've lodged my application last august 9,2017 via VFS and was able to complete my medical last sept. 14,2017 ask k lng sana approximately ilan days to get approved?
Around 7-8 week from filing of your application in VFS.

imnotgoodatthat

Sep 18, 2017
Category........
I would suggest that you do an upfront medical. Less things to worry when your medical request will arrive = less stress. You will only wait for the decision which is around 7-8 weeks.
Btw, what's the diff between applying for SDS vs SP? Do you have any idea po ba?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Btw, what's the diff between applying for SDS vs SP? Do you have any idea po ba?
Regular study permit (SP)
Study Direct Steam (SDS) same as SP except that
  • Admission to a full-time program in a publicly-funded post-secondary institution such as universities, colleges, institutes or CÉGEP;
  • An IELTS score with a minimum band of 6 for each ability (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking) taken within past two years;
  • Purchase of a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotiabank of CAD$10,000 to cover living expenses for the first year of stay in Canada;
  • Proof of payment of the tuition fee for one (1) year; AND
  • Upfront medical examination at least one week before submission of the application.
  • Paper base application only

Reactions: lonelyboy 2017

journey namin

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
Good morning to all.

Regarding CAiPS notes....ask ko sana if pede ako na lang mag apply online for CAIPS NOTES outside of canada - hihingin ko n lng sa friend ko ang PR details nya para di na sya masyado maabala.
And if na try nyo na...how does it goes, how long before you received the result if requested notes is online not hard copies.

Thanks and God bless!

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Good morning to all.

Regarding CAiPS notes....ask ko sana if pede ako na lang mag apply online for CAIPS NOTES outside of canada - hihingin ko n lng sa friend ko ang PR details nya para di na sya masyado maabala.
And if na try nyo na...how does it goes, how long before you received the result if requested notes is online not hard copies.

Thanks and God bless!
It might work pero you might need his credit card info.

Reactions: journey namin

journey namin

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
It might work pero you might need his credit card info.
I am thinking to use my own credit card details....will it pose an issue that the card holder is different from the pr holder?
I remember there is one post in here...that he/she is the one who filled up the information of the pr holder....not sure if he/she also used his/her own credit card or the pr holder credit card detsils....not mentioned also how it goes - if it went all well. Pa share po ng info..thanks!

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
I am thinking to use my own credit card details....will it pose an issue that the card holder is different from the pr holder?
I remember there is one post in here...that he/she is the one who filled up the information of the pr holder....not sure if he/she also used his/her own credit card or the pr holder credit card detsils....not mentioned also how it goes - if it went all well. Pa share po ng info..thanks!
Never tried it and never knew a case like that pero tingin ko yung issue na magarise is different credit card tapos baka tingan pa IP mo na mula pang PH.

journey namin

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
Never tried it and never knew a case like that pero tingin ko yung issue na magarise is different credit card tapos baka tingan pa IP mo na mula pang PH.
Thanks Kapatid....those are the thoughts na niisip ko kaya medyo hesistant ako. I will just ask him to do it for me.
Sometimes, canada application seems so simple but yet complicated (Thinking out loud)

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Hi! I requested for CAIPS notes last July 30. I filled out the forms myself and used my Philippine based (BPI) credit card to pay for the fee. I just needed my aunt's email address and phone number when I designated her as my authorized representative. Since I also used her files as supporting documents before, I had her other PR related details na.

When I filled out the forms, I downloaded the consent form and signed it digitally so I could upload the signed form along with my request. Three weeks after, we got an email from them saying that they couldn't process my request unless I send an inked signature. Medyo hassle kasi in those three weeks of waiting, I could've sent the signed form had they clarified on the website that there will be problems with scanned signatures. I sent mine last August 21 and we received a reply to our follow up email saying that they acknowledge receiving my signed form and that I was supposed to get the CAIPS notes last September 13 but they are overwhelmed with requests. My file will be put on priority but I should expect delays.

TL; DR version: I was able to use my BPI credit card to request and pay for the CAIPS notes from here but they are overwhelmed with requests so expect delays.

Good luck!

jhunix

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Cebu
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi I just want to say thank you so much for this forum. This one is very helpful po talaga sa mga ng DIY po.. Kakaprove lang po ng application ko hehe heres my timeline po.

“God has a reason for allowing things to happen. We may never understand His wisdom, but we simply have to trust His Will.”

Finally, the long wait is over. Thank you Lord.

Heres’ my application timeline:

Type of Application: Paper Based
Visa Office: VFS Cebu
Upfront Medical: July 14, 2017
Application Filled: July 19, 2017
Application received by Canadian Embassy: July 24, 2017
Medical Exam Results Approved: July 31, 2017
Final Decision: Visa issued on September 13, 2017
Kakapick up lang ng Passport ko kahapon :)

Here’s the list of documents that I have submitted:
CIC Forms: Single Applicant lang po ako
Document Checklist (IMM 5483E)
Document Checklist Philippines (IMM5836E)
Application for Study Permit - made outside canada (IM1294E)
Family Information (IMM 5645)

Personal Documents:
Current Valid Passport – Validity must cover the length of your program
Two Photos – Based on Canadian Visa Application Photograph Specifications
Personal Study Plan – 3 pages
:)
Birth certificate – Original Copy (Marami kasi akong copy)
NBI Clearance - Must be 3 months old purpose should be "VISA-CANADA"
High school Diploma - Certified True Copy
High school Transcripts - Certified True Copy
College Diploma - Certified True Copy
College Transcripts - Certified True Copy
Certification of Graduation from University - Certified True Copy
IELTS Result - Certified True Copy
COE of all previous employees - all original copies
COE Current Employee (currently employed up to now) - original copy
Employment Contract - Current Employee & Previous employee all are in photocopy
ITR – Current and Previous Employers (photocopy only)
Recommendation Letter from our Department Technical Head – ako lang yong gumawa at pinapirmahan ko sa boss ko
:)

Academic Documents from Designated School from Canada:
Letter of Acceptance (LOA) from NAIT
Fee Schedules (Official receipt of Registration and down payment of tuition Fee from the school, tuition fee schedule for 1st and 2nd semester, class schedule, meal plans and miscellaneous expenses)
Course Outline/Curriculum – Just print out from schools’ website

Proof of Financial Support:
Affidavit of Support from my Father - ng search lang ako ng format at ako yong gumawa, pinasign at pinanotarized ko sa notary public
Summary of Bank Accounts, Investments, and Properties of my parents (printed out)
Bank Certificates per account
6 months Bank Statements per account
Certification Letter from my fathers' Insurance
Car and Land Properties – Photocopies only

Proof of ties Home Country: (Optional)
Parent’s Marriage Certificate – Certified True copy
Mothers’ Death Certificate – certified true copy
Certification Letter from my Insurance
OR and CR of Motorcycle – photocopy only
Land Title under my name (ng pa transfer po talaga ako ng isang titulo from my parents’ properties)

Note: As per VFS, photocopy lang po lahat no need to submit certified true copy of your credentials.

Brief Background of my application:
I plan to take up Instrumentation Engineering Technology sa Northern Alberta Institue of Technology (NAIT) this Winter 2018. I just paid the registration fee and tuition down payment of the school to get the LOA. Currently employed as an MEPF Engineer and a graduate of BS Mechanical Engineer last October 2011. I was never been out of the Philippines, so wala po akong travel history.

Maraming Salamat po.. Lalong lalo po nila sir @mic-mic at @scorpio1641 dahil sa pagsagot po sa mga katanongan ko..at sa lahat po ng sumagot salamat po ng marami... hehe