+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

badetsky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Online-Manila
App. Filed.......
20-05-2017
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
23-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2017
I arrived last Thursday!! Adjust sa time hehe at culture shock pa.. Maraming salamat sa forum na ito na binasa ko mula sa page 1 and until now nagbabasa padin ako. Hehe. Meron din akong dalang mga filipino foods at 18k CAD wala naman po naging problema. Just declare it.. thanks kay @kapatid for some help nung nagaapply palang ako. More blessings to come!

loma_linda

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
I arrived last Thursday!! Adjust sa time hehe at culture shock pa.. Maraming salamat sa forum na ito na binasa ko mula sa page 1 and until now nagbabasa padin ako. Hehe. Meron din akong dalang mga filipino foods at 18k CAD wala naman po naging problema. Just declare it.. thanks kay @kapatid for some help nung nagaapply palang ako. More blessings to come!
Ano pong tinanong sa inyo sa port of entry? Matagal po ba ang kailangang lay over o okay na ang 2 hours? Tinanong po ba kung may plano kayong magwork at ano po sinagot nyo? Thanks

Angel_17

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Maraming salamat. Kailngn p dn po b ng last 4 months n bank statement ko or enough n ung s sponsor ko?
Maraming salamat. ☺
Im not entirely sure. But I included ung bank records ko for the past 6 months and nang sponsor ko as well

Aronnima

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Makati
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17-04-2017
Med's Request
17-04-2017
Med's Done....
26-04-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
Hello guys!

Ask ko lang kung anong magandang bank sa Canada ang nagooffer ng magandang rates and features (like easy and smooth procedure, low interest rates, mababa lang ang maintaining balance, etc.)? ... Di lang kasi ako masyadong familiar kasi dun sa mga banks doon eh

And how much money would you guys recommend ang dadalhin kapag pagpasok na sa Canada? Are there any requirements or things that I need to bring with regard to showing proof of funds and whatnot? 1 year lang ang magiging course ko dun and pretty much bayad na yung first sem tuition ko eh...

Thank you!
Just declare $10k CAN or more amount na dala muh. (or whether combination of any other currencies, dey will convert and compute) Monetary instruments include, but are not limited to, stocks, bonds, bank drafts, cheques and traveller's cheques. There are no restrictions on the amount of money you can bring into or take out of Canada, nor is it illegal to do so. (from CBSA website). You must bring with u copies/ orig of documents ginamit muh wen you lodged ur application, proof of fund documents which u submitted during your application of Student Visa, the printed copy of your receipt wen u paid your tuition.

badetsky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Online-Manila
App. Filed.......
20-05-2017
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
23-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2017
Ano pong tinanong sa inyo sa port of entry? Matagal po ba ang kailangang lay over o okay na ang 2 hours? Tinanong po ba kung may plano kayong magwork at ano po sinagot nyo? Thanks
Actually wala po tlga tinanong sakin aside sa dineclare kong above 10k cad at some filipino foods. Regarding sa school and how long ako magstay dito wala sila tinanong. Before ako tawagin ng immigration officer nakahanda na mga documents ko na possible tanungin like mu LOA, tenancy agreement at yung guarantee letter ko from my cousin na sa kanila ako mag stay then pinaupo nila ako and they called me again just to gave me the work permit plus the study permit..

badetsky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Online-Manila
App. Filed.......
20-05-2017
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
23-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2017
I flew via All nippon airways na plane then I also had a 1 and 45 minutes lay over sa Japan. I think ok na yung 2 hours bilisan nalang kilos hehe

jennaalon28

Aug 8, 2017
Does anyone here applied for a Student Permit in the Philippines? I just got back from Canada as a tourist and I applied for a Student Permit here in the Philippines. I already paid my school in Toronto which is Everest College and the semester will start on September 3, 2012. I just wanted to know if someone here applied in the same school and can I see your timeline on submitting the application.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
Hi,

I'm planning to go to Canada as a student. What are the requirements I need so I can start with my application. Thank you for your help.

jennaalon28

Aug 8, 2017
Hi,

I'm an electrical engineering graduate from the Philippines and a Licensed Masters Electrician. May I know what are the things that I should do to have my qualifications be recognized in Canada?

ChrisYu_

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Toronto
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Med's Request
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2017
Just declare $10k CAN or more amount na dala muh. (or whether combination of any other currencies, dey will convert and compute) Monetary instruments include, but are not limited to, stocks, bonds, bank drafts, cheques and traveller's cheques. There are no restrictions on the amount of money you can bring into or take out of Canada, nor is it illegal to do so. (from CBSA website). You must bring with u copies/ orig of documents ginamit muh wen you lodged ur application, proof of fund documents which u submitted during your application of Student Visa, the printed copy of your receipt wen u paid your tuition.
alright got it! buti nalang i compiled yung mga docs na sinubmit ko sa visa application..

ask ko lang: would there be any problems sa immigration if less than $10k CAN ang dadalhin papunta? Balak kasi ng parents ko they'll give me the first month of my allowance pa lang muna tpos they'll just transfer sa bank account ko sa mga succeeding months...

also, if i'm living with my relatives, would it be better if i just present to them a letter from my relatives stating that i'll be staying there along with their contact number, address and other pertinent info?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Hi,

I'm planning to go to Canada as a student. What are the requirements I need so I can start with my application. Thank you for your help.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp

Read that for the basics.
Back read in this forum for in depth information.
One of the characteristics of for people who got their visa/permit is perseverance.
Nagbaback read sila and they understand and learn to perfect their application along the way.
If you have further question chances are they are already answered, if not then you can post your question here and hopefully someone can answer it properly.

Reactions: jennaalon28

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Hi,

I'm an electrical engineering graduate from the Philippines and a Licensed Masters Electrician. May I know what are the things that I should do to have my qualifications be recognized in Canada?
Is this related to student visa?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
alright got it! buti nalang i compiled yung mga docs na sinubmit ko sa visa application..

ask ko lang: would there be any problems sa immigration if less than $10k CAN ang dadalhin papunta? Balak kasi ng parents ko they'll give me the first month of my allowance pa lang muna tpos they'll just transfer sa bank account ko sa mga succeeding months...

also, if i'm living with my relatives, would it be better if i just present to them a letter from my relatives stating that i'll be staying there along with their contact number, address and other pertinent info?
Di ba may affidavit of support ka naman.
Kung sakaling hanapan ka man ng proof of funds mo ipakita mo na lang yugn affidavit of support mo. Sapat na yun at ganyan na lang sabihin mo.
At isama mo na rin letter mo from relative.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Di mo kasi kinunpleto tanong mo.
Anyway siguro ang tanong mo is pano irerecognize ng Canada ang education mo sa pinas para makatulong sa entrace mo sa course/school na gusto mo?
Kung ganyan, you can have your credentials assess via IQAS.
Sometimes, well known schools have the resources to assess your credentials.
Pero para sa kanila lang yun.

Example:
You want masters in electrical engineering pero need ng school na atleast tapos ka ng 4 years degree.
You need to use IQAS para iassess credentials mo para makapasok ka sa masters nila.

Reactions: jennaalon28