+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Aronnima

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Makati
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17-04-2017
Med's Request
17-04-2017
Med's Done....
26-04-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
Loma linda, makikisabat lang po." completed studies " means may diploma, transcript and letter of completion na po kayo. This is with regards to EE or pgwp. Not sure if the same applies to anything else. Better to mention on what context are you trying to clarrify po.

Aronima, you can read the past news na nung bumagsak ang petroleum last year, madami ang nawalan ng jobs and nagmove sa ibang province. Baliktad po kasi dito. If nagmumura ang gas, mahina economy, sa atin, happy tayo if mura gas. Dito, sad sila :D I was supposed to take a management program for petroleum originally pero naisip ko na if ayaw ko na sa industry or if ayaw ng industry sa akin, madali makahanap work sa other line.

Driving license vary from province to province but the general idea is pass a written exam and then if you have documentations of previous experience, you dont have to wait for 8 to 12 months to take the actual driving test.

As for the international license, it has little value and just assume you can drive for 60 to 90 days max.

Isa pa po na dapat ninyo isipin is let's say you can drive with the pinoy license pero wala naman po kayo driving insurance... so risky po pag may accidente :(
Yes poh ksi isa sa main industry ung Petroleum dituh unlike sa Pinas na walang gantong business. Petroleum din poh ba ung line of course ninyu dats y u supposedly want to take-up Petroleum management before? Sa Petroleum Eng Tech din ksi akuh nabigyan ng LOA and nka waitlist pa din sa isang program up until now.

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Sorry to hear that.
Try to get a refund ASAP.
Baka wala ka na makuha kung magstart na yung term.
Kung gusto mo naman you can apply for January class pero malamang Ontario or BC ka kasi sila lang province na may mga ganyang time nagaaccept.

Mukhang may problema sila sa Job mo or course na kukunin.
I will email my school na and ask first if they can defer my intake for next Fall and keep my deposit to hold my slot. If not, pwede pa naman ma-refund. Yes, sa BC po ako and sadly nga, my program only has Fall intake. :(

I know it's all speculation until I actually get my CAIPS notes but if in your experience, you have any input regarding my case, I would welcome and appreciate any comments. Please let me know if it's okay to post it to share with you (and others, so they may benefit and learn from my mistakes).

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
I will email my school na and ask first if they can defer my intake for next Fall and keep my deposit to hold my slot. If not, pwede pa naman ma-refund. Yes, sa BC po ako and sadly nga, my program only has Fall intake. :(

I know it's all speculation until I actually get my CAIPS notes but if in your experience, you have any input regarding my case, I would welcome and appreciate any comments. Please let me know if it's okay to post it to share with you (and others, so they may benefit and learn from my mistakes).
If you can find the same course in your area that offers it in Jan then it might work.

lizzieauh

Jul 1, 2017
Visa Offier from UAE doesnt like OFW for some reason.
If you every want to reapply ipag dikdikan mo na lang na uuwi ka sa pinas and apply ka sa pinas
Kuya, how many days po makuha ang CAIPS notes? Any inputs po re: my rejections. Its depressing to get rejected when all plans are ready.

I am gladly to hear out suggestions and comments po. Pauwi po ako ng pinas tonight and flying to toronto on 9th. May mga tanong po sana ako;

Would it be better to re-apply paperbase while in the philippines? Or is it alright do it even im in toronto and just submit online?

Is it ok to submit the same documents? Ilang months po validity ng medical?

Salamat po sa inyo

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
If you can find the same course in your area that offers it in Jan then it might work.
Thank you for the suggestion. There is another school option for January intake but a) it'll be more expensive, b) duration will be shorter (3 semesters lang) and c) although Early Childhood Education din siya, focus is not on Reggio Emilia progressive teaching (which I really wanted to specialize in). But, I'll see what other options I have.

Haaay. I applied for CAIPS na so hopefully I can address yung refusal grounds especially since I felt that I explained my study progression well.

Kuya, how many days po makuha ang CAIPS notes? Any inputs po re: my rejections. Its depressing to get rejected when all plans are ready.

I am gladly to hear out suggestions and comments po. Pauwi po ako ng pinas tonight and flying to toronto on 9th. May mga tanong po sana ako;

Would it be better to re-apply paperbase while in the philippines? Or is it alright do it even im in toronto and just submit online?

Salamat po sa inyo
Hi, I know you addressed your question to Kapatid but just chiming in about CAIPS notes. It usually takes 4-6 weeks to get daw. The medical is valid for 1 year daw.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006

Salamat po sa inyo
Paper base in Phil or online is about the same. Kung wala naman nagbago sa application mo rejected ka pa rin.

sagi001

May 18, 2017

please do share po. thanks

jjfty

Jun 9, 2017
Timeline:
Apr28-paperbased application
May 2- request for medical
May 10- medical done
Jul 14 - visa approved!

Pero yung class ko sana is july4. So defer ako for oct intake.
hello po, 1st congrats sa granted visa, question lang po if na defer kayo sa oct intake, what happens next? thanks

12Fj

Jul 31, 2017
Hi, guys. Just sharing the devastating news of my visa refusal today. I applied online last June 20 and exactly 39 days after, I received the refusal.
I plan to email my school to ask about my options for deferral since my program only has Fall start date and I already made a deposit. This is my first application.

The refusal reason/s they gave me:
- "You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors: purpose of visit."
- "Other reasons: Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, gap of studies, employment, level of establishment, your future prospects and plans"

If anyone is curious or wants to know my profile (if it'll help you avoid my mistakes maybe?), just let me know. I'm working on getting my CAIPS notes already so that I can address the issues when I apply again. While my heart is heavy, iniisip ko na lang din na at least tapos na yung anxiety ko from waiting and now I can just focus on making my next application stronger. Haaaaay.

I hope those of you who are still waiting get good news in the coming days. :)
Hi, I believe it will be alright later. Just a bump to your dream.
Surely you will feel other wise when your VISA gets approved next time.

angela412

Mar 15, 2016
Hi, guys. Just sharing the devastating news of my visa refusal today. I applied online last June 20 and exactly 39 days after, I received the refusal.
I plan to email my school to ask about my options for deferral since my program only has Fall start date and I already made a deposit. This is my first application.

The refusal reason/s they gave me:
- "You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors: purpose of visit."
- "Other reasons: Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, gap of studies, employment, level of establishment, your future prospects and plans"

If anyone is curious or wants to know my profile (if it'll help you avoid my mistakes maybe?), just let me know. I'm working on getting my CAIPS notes already so that I can address the issues when I apply again. While my heart is heavy, iniisip ko na lang din na at least tapos na yung anxiety ko from waiting and now I can just focus on making my next application stronger. Haaaaay.

I hope those of you who are still waiting get good news in the coming days. :)

So sorry about the sad news...I was recently refused visa as well along with my husband and daughter..I will be re-applying soon after I get CAIPS.
pwede malaman kung anong school and course?

angela412

Mar 15, 2016
Hello Ms. Angela, pwede din po ba hingi ng SOP nyo? applying din po pero c hubby muna dadalhin ko my kids maiiwan sa Pinas. Thanks
ang drama ng SOP ng hubby ko eh...if you dont mind then i'll send it but take not na-refuse kami ha..pls send your email address

Ryan_

Jun 20, 2017
Survey lang po. Meron ba dito nabigyan ng SP without submitting their HS transcript and diploma? Salamat po.

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
So sorry about the sad news...I was recently refused visa as well along with my husband and daughter..I will be re-applying soon after I get CAIPS.
pwede malaman kung anong school and course?
Im sorry to hear that. You can keep on trying, who knows? kaya lang medyo magastos. I am so anxious right now wla pa akong result, June 19 po ako mas nauna pa syo actually.