+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Would it be advisable ba na mauna mag-apply ng student permit si Student. Then, once ma-approve un, isunod na application ng OWP ni Spouse and isama ang kids? Mas mataas po ba chances na ma-approve pag ganon ang ginawa?

And gaano po katagal ang processing ng OWP for spouse as well as ung sa mga bata?
Yes advisable ang ganyan kasi leaving your dependents behind means stronger family ties.
I think 1 month and processing ng OWP.

Reactions: mamijuri
Sep 13, 2016
Purpose of visit is a broad subject.
It means weighing the probability, the Visa officer have reason to believe that you will not leave at the end of your stay.
Factors he might think of are
Why are you not pursing the education in Thailand or Philippines (if you are a filipino citizen), they are cheaper
You are bringing your family member with you so I am not convince that you have a temporary intent

These are common ground the Visa officer can use.
If you request CAIPS note then you will have a detailed reason from the VO.
If you collect enough CAIPS notes from lots of refusals you will know the pattern.
If you ever get a CAIPS note please share it.
Kapatid ask ko lang pag me caips ba at nag re apply ka mataas na approval mo non? Or me narereject pa kaya after ma address ang concern ng Vo base sa caips? Thanks sir

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Kapatid ask ko lang pag me caips ba at nag re apply ka mataas na approval mo non? Or me narereject pa kaya after ma address ang concern ng Vo base sa caips? Thanks sir
Yes tumataas kasi nasagot mo yugn concern ng VO. Pero ibang VO na naman yung mag rereview niyan kasi marami sila so baka may ibang concern na naman na lumabas pero atleast mas mataas chance mo.

ChristianM

Mar 3, 2017
Kung wala ka marinig sa kaniwal then you're all good.

Being cleared from medical doesnt mean an autoamtic approval.
They will check you for other inadmissibility pursuant to security, human rights violation, serious criminality, organize criminality, financial reason and misrepresentation. You are cleared for health grounds though.
So its part of the work flow.
They might request additional medical examination from you.
But if you are inadmissible due to health ground, being a risk to the public or excessive demand to the Canadian health system, then they will refuse your application.
Hi po ulit sa lahat.hihingi sana ako ulit ng advice regarding SOP and proofs of funds.

I am not sure how will I mention the proof of funds in my SOP. My brother sent me the moni needed for 1 yr expenses and 1 yr tuition. Do i have to tell it in my SOP? Since he provided his savings to me, he has only like 4k in his account and he is my sponsor in Canada, nandun kasi sya... just want to be cautious lg po pra ma convince nmn yung visa officer.
Thanks in advance.

mamijuri

Aug 29, 2016
Yes advisable ang ganyan kasi leaving your dependents behind means stronger family ties.
I think 1 month and processing ng OWP.
thanks po. but do I still have a chance kaya? i'm more than 35 yrs old with 5 years study gap from my master degree.

by the way, strict po ba sila sa health ng spouse, if I will be bringing him with me? my husband has diabetes. kailangan ko po siya ikuha ng sarili niyang health insurance?

mamijuri

Aug 29, 2016
In my case,sa NAIT po akuh nag apply na skul.nagpa assess po muna akuh ng mga credentials sa IQAS before applying for a program (course twag sa Pinas) ksi requirement ung assessment.diyan ksi nila titingnan mga nkuha muh subjects to qualify u sa program na inaaplyan muh.kung NAIT ka or sait i think d same lng but ndi po akuh sure if sa ibang college,institute and univ sa Canada f parehas lng lhat process.
Better check der website ksi gnun ginawa koh and complete infos nman sa site nila dun,unlike ditoh sa Pinas

Hello po. When you submitted your papers sa NAIT, ang pinadala mo sa kanila is coriginal IQAS result? via courier, right? May WES ECA na kasi pero the original is with my consultant/representative. Dapat original ang ipapadala, right? Hindi pwedeng photocopy lang?

Aside from the IQAS, nagpadala ka pa din ng original transcript/s and diploma/s?

sheiquiroga

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
Hi! Please visit www.wondersuite.blogspot.com
I've included a list of different sites to find a place.
I personally recommend Campus Coop, I got one for 600. It's very hard to find 400-500 if you are still not there because there are a lot of scammers. Some of my classmates plan to do Airbnb temporarily while looking for a place there.

HELLO, NEED HELP!

Who is currently studying in Centennial College Morningside Campus right now? Meron po ba kayong ika recommend na place to stay? I'd really appreciate it if you have. Dalawa kami both females na nag hahanap. around $400-500 budget.

Alva17

Jul 23, 2017
Hi everyone,

Anyone who is studying or applied to University of Alberta/MacEwan university? Any feedback po sa admission/acceptance process?
I am still looking for a school around Edmonton, Alberta. Any suggestion po?

Thank you so much :)

Angel_17

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Did anyone receive a message about their eligibility? I submitted my documents to vfs on July 4th, linked it to my online account last week.

It said i would be receiving a message when they start reviewing my eligibility. It will be three weeks in a couple of days and I guess they havent begun yet since I didnt receive any updates. I was just womdering if anyone is going through the same process/timeline as mine?

sheiquiroga

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
I've written a sample format of my SOP here: How to write a "Letter of Explanation" for Canada application
Feel free to go around the blog as well for more tips about Canadian education.

Hi po ulit sa lahat.hihingi sana ako ulit ng advice regarding SOP and proofs of funds.

I am not sure how will I mention the proof of funds in my SOP. My brother sent me the moni needed for 1 yr expenses and 1 yr tuition. Do i have to tell it in my SOP? Since he provided his savings to me, he has only like 4k in his account and he is my sponsor in Canada, nandun kasi sya... just want to be cautious lg po pra ma convince nmn yung visa officer.
Thanks in advance.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006

Thanks in advance.
Since sinend na niya yung pera lolobo account mo. Red flag sa VO yun. You have to present it well sa SOP.
Kung kapatid magssponsor may affidavit of support yan. Magpapakita rin ng bank statement yun at dapat nakita yung pagbawas ng pera. Kahit 4k lang account niya kung siya pa rin mag proprovide ng accomodation mo then he need to provide an affidavit of support.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
thanks po. but do I still have a chance kaya? i'm more than 35 yrs old with 5 years study gap from my master degree.

by the way, strict po ba sila sa health ng spouse, if I will be bringing him with me? my husband has diabetes. kailangan ko po siya ikuha ng sarili niyang health insurance?
5 years gap sa master.
Kung may masters ka na why will you take a diploma di ba.
Make a good argument why this course will help you in a career. Siguro i-reason out mo na specializing ka.
A good example is yung pinsan ko na tinulungan ko Civil Engineer and nagmasters na siya pero kinuha niya Engineering design and drafting. Around 30+ yrs old. Napapasa ko. Reason is specializing siya. Natouch nila sa course pero hindi focus, di tulad ng binibigay na course dito.

Sa medical naman.
Physical Examination, urinalysis, CXR, HIV, Syphilis
Yan ang gagawing examination sayo.
You might need to issue this concern sa SOP mo. I'm not 100% sure if diabetes is one of grounds for refusal pero kasi nakalagay na inadmissbile ang tao sa health ground if they will be a burden in the canadian health system. I think it mostly apply for incoming PR and temporary lang status mo.
I would suggest that you address this concern and argue that you will get a medical insurance for your husband and you will shoulder all the expenses for his medical.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Did anyone receive a message about their eligibility? I submitted my documents to vfs on July 4th, linked it to my online account last week.

It said i would be receiving a message when they start reviewing my eligibility. It will be three weeks in a couple of days and I guess they havent begun yet since I didnt receive any updates. I was just womdering if anyone is going through the same process/timeline as mine?
Minsan kasi busy rin sila and di nila inuupdate application mo piece by piece. Kung sinubmit mo NBI, upfront Medical at passport mo mas mauna pa yatang darating yung passport mo sayo na may visa kaysa lumabas na Approve na pala visa mo. Kung wala naman malalman mo na lang Approve ka na lang. Kung walang medical or NBI hihingan ka nila, opportunity nila yun para itabi muna application mo and move on sa ibang application. May time kasi silang kailangang habulin. Kaya bibigyan ka nila ng sapat na oras para magsubmit ng required documents. Madedelay application mo.

Reactions: Angel_17

angela412

Mar 15, 2016
Purpose of visit is a broad subject.
It means weighing the probability, the Visa officer have reason to believe that you will not leave at the end of your stay.
Factors he might think of are
Why are you not pursing the education in Thailand or Philippines (if you are a filipino citizen), they are cheaper
You are bringing your family member with you so I am not convince that you have a temporary intent

These are common ground the Visa officer can use.
If you request CAIPS note then you will have a detailed reason from the VO.
If you collect enough CAIPS notes from lots of refusals you will know the pattern.
If you ever get a CAIPS note please share it.

i have requested for CAIPS na po. I will share once I get them.
and i agree about the points on purpose of visit reason for refusal..kaya next application ko is ako na lang muna. :)