+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
Hello po. Newbie here.

Ngayon ko lang po nadiscover itong thread na to and currently backreading things. :)

Ask ko lang po kung sino nakapagpa medical sa SLEC-BGC?
How was the experience po? Okay lang po ba ang walk-in or better na mag-online registration?
Friday ko lang po kasi nareceive yung e-mail nila for medical exam. I'm planning to go to there by monday na sana.

Thank you in advance! God bless! ;)
kalian po kayo nag apply online or paper based? ako kasi June 19, wala pa Medical request e. Thanks

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
They might be. Because I cannot see any reason why you are special that you do not need a medical exam.
Did I say I am special? And you said you are already in Canada and a citizen, then why are you here? I believe this forum is just for the ones who are applying for student visa and here you are feeling superior ala consul or an immigration officer! even making look others look inferior and tanga... oh my.. I believe we are here to ask inputs because some are knowledgeless so why are you bragging?!!!

Last edited:

emc2

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Just to give you an update, kumpleto na po lahat requirements namin whew! this is it!

Currently OFW po kami dito sa Dubai, we did not take risk to lodge in Abu Dhabi marami kasi multo dun. So we sent all our documents to the Philippines and appointed one of our family member as a representative, sila yun mag lolodge ng documents namin on our behalf. We chose the paper based para pinas na tlaga un mag review ng application namin and andami din namin supporting documents almost 150 total pages (almost 1 kg) din sya, medyo pricey nga lang un DHL fee pero okay lang para sa Canadian dream hahamakin ang lahat. :)

Sana makarating ng matiwasay un documents at passport namin sa pinas.

Kaway sa lahat ng OFW dito s forum, sana lumusot sa pinas ang application namin. :)

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Is there any visa rejection chances if I will apply for DIPLOMA after completing my BACHELOR, because i am interesting in production line and there isn't any relative course available.

MY ACADEMICS ;-
10-83%
12-68%
BACHELOR IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING-6.99 CGPA
IELTS OVERALL_6
READING-6
WRITING-5.5
SPEAKING-6
LISTENING-7

I have GUINNESS WORLD RECORD certificate and many more certificates related to co-curricular activities.I also visited USA once before a 2 year ago to give performance.
Sorry bruh. We have no experience in India's Student permit program.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Thank you. Once I get my SP approved, surely I will share my SOP. May awa ang Diyos.

After po ba maka-receive ng Approval letter, then required to submit the passport, ano po ba ang gagawin, is the student permit a Stamp on a passport just like the visas? Isasubmit ang passport para matatak ang Permit? How many days would they usually need the Passport?

I just need to clarify these while I have no news on my SP as of this date and as I am bound to travel to Manila on end of July. In God's will, I get to receive the approval just before or after my travel then I would know what to do next.

May awa ang Diyos, I am claiming to have the approval.

Stay positive po mga kabayan. :)
Nope. You will get your student permit sa port of entry. You can still be denied of student permit at the port of entry even though may visa ka na. Once they put your visa on your passport they will send it back again. Maybe less than a week time.

Check the processing time to have an estimate. Manila student visa processing time is around 8 weeks.

Good luck.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Hello po. Newbie here.

Ngayon ko lang po nadiscover itong thread na to and currently backreading things. :)

How was the experience po? Okay lang po ba ang walk-in or better na mag-online registration?
Friday ko lang po kasi nareceive yung e-mail nila for medical exam. I'm planning to go to there by monday na sana.

I heard it is less busy in SLEC BGC than SLEC Ermita. Someone said he did a medical 7 in the morning then finish at 9 in the morning.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Did I say I am special? And you said you are already in Canada and a citizen, then why are you here? I believe this forum is just for the ones who are applying for student visa and here you are feeling superior ala consul or an immigration officer! even making look others look inferior and tanga... oh my.. I believe we are here to ask inputs because some are knowledgeless so why are you bragging?!!!
I am here because I want to help and give back because this forum helps me a lot.
Rather than asking me why I am here the better question is, why are you here?
Did you just waste your precious hard earn money on a consultant and got scammed?
If you have a consultant, there would be no reason for you to be here in the first place.
Your consultant need to do a better job para di ka na nag tatanong dito or ask them yourself.

You ask us a question and we gave you an input but its hard for you to swallow. Di ka naman naniniwala.
Tapos ipagpipilitan mo pa na porket nagrant ka ng UK visa sa MBA mo na walang medical dapat di ka rin nila hingan.

Sa feeling superior di ko kasalanan yan. Kung feel mo superior ako dahil sa mga kaalaman ko, nasa sayo na yan. Visa Officer ang nagproprocess ng mga visa. An immigration officer is a government employee who enforces laws relating to immigration, borders, and customs. Those immigration officers might know the background of student permit but not as much as the visa officers who have their own policy and procedure in dealing with student permit.

Last edited by a moderator:

mczar

Jul 13, 2017
Thanks po, just need to look up then.

Any other OFW here who applied at VFS Abu Dhabi? Could you please share your timeline?

Btw, ano po ibig sabihin ng SOP?

Thanks po!
Hi lizzieauh.. OFW din ako under Abu Dhabi Visa Office. Online application filed on June 22. Medical-not needed.

can you please post your experience here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/middle-east-student-permit-applications.506341/

It's a Thread specifically for applications processed by Abu Dhabi.

Thanks.

EduCoPH

Jul 14, 2017
9 weeeks of waiting, finally approve na!
Keep the faith sa mga nag aantay.
Hello!

I am a representative of Acsenda School of Management. One of my students was approved as well actually. I was wondering if I could get in touch with you, so I would know who's your agent too? :) Salamat!

EduCoPH

Jul 14, 2017
Hi Guys! One of my students referred me to this website. I am representing Acsenda School of Management under its mother company, EduCo International in the Philippines. I just wanted to know sinong mga nagenroll sa ASM? Kung meron man dito? :) -Rai

ChrisYu_

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Toronto
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Med's Request
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2017
Of course, I was talking about my own application. I asked them if possible akong maggrant kahit wlang medical!! At are you sure tlaga sa sinasabi mo, as far as I can remember I was granted UK student visa for my MBA khit wlang medical and thats a fact!
yup cuz i applied as a Filipino citizen here in the Philippines and they required me medical and I got approved...

magkaiba naman requirements and procedures for student visa sa UK and Canada kaya it's best to check the CIC website (if you don't believe me) if they actually require you to do medical or not... they (UK student visa and Canada student visa) shouldn't even be treated as one and the same...

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Hello po. Newbie here.

Hi Deffy45! I had my medical at St. Luke's BGC. Mabilis lang, I didn't expect to finish so soon. I didn't have an appointment, I just showed up at around 7am, by 9am tapos na ako. Hassle lang kasi I had to wait for the doctor to administer my MMR vaccine so I had to come back ng 3pm. Other than the waiting in between, mabilis naman. The bathroom, cashier and x-ray rooms are all on the same floor. In case it helps, I'm also sharing that I paid for the medical fees in cash but for the additional tests, I was able to pay though credit card. Good luck!

vonn

Jun 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (Online Application)
App. Filed.......
18-May-2017
Med's Done....
24-Feb-2017 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
29-Jun-2017
LANDED..........
26-Aug-2017
CAN I ASSUME THAT I WASN'T ASKED FOR A MEDICAL CAUSE IM NOT ELIGIBLE FOR STUDENT VISA? WAG NMN SANA- CROSS FINGERS! I APPLIED JUNE 19 PA PERO NO UPDATES UNTIL NOW... HOW ABOUT YOU PO? IF YOU BACK READ HERE IF I CAN REMEMBER SOMEONE GOT THE VISA LAST MAY WITHOUT MEDICALS DAW BUT REALLY STRONG PERSONAL BACKGROUND! AND MY AGENCY TOLD ME TOO NA MAY CHANCES NA NAGRANT NG VISA WITHOUT MEDICALS... I REALLY DONT KNOW WHICH TO BELIEVE...
As per CIC link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp

If you plan to visit for more than six months: 
You will need a medical exam if you:
* have lived temporarily for six or more months in a row
* in one or more of these countries or territories
* in the one year immediately before the date you want to enter Canada. (This applies even if you are a citizen of a country that does not need a visa to enter Canada.) or....

It is TRUE na ung iba hindi na required ng medical as I personal knew someone who was recently approved a student visa but they are living outside Philippines. as per CIC website is not required for medical. The fact that Philippines is not medical exempted country this may require you to undergo medical as Canada's one requirement is medical health status.

Reactions: RomanSky

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
For those who are still looking for flights, Korean Air has a promo for one way flights to the US (including Vancouver and Toronto). Sale is until Sept 30 2017 and travel dates are from now until March 31, 2018. MNL- YVR starts at 592USD while MNL to Toronto starts at 722 USD. Meron din mga flights from Cebu to Vancouver or Toronto.

See details of the promo here: https://www.koreanair.com/content/koreanair/global/en/promotions/MNL_CEB_To_US.html

Reactions: Ryan_