+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

ash8fhinks

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Philippines
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
under review
It goes like this.
Sem 1 (Sep to Dec) --> Sem 2 (Jan - Apr) ---- Summer break can work full time (May-Aug)---> Sem 3 (Sep to Dec) --> Sem 4 (Jan - April) GRADUATION YEY
This is considered as 2 years

Common January Intake that will lead to 2 years
Sem 1 (Jan - Apr) --> Sem 2 (May-Aug) --> Sem 3 (Sep to Dec) --> Sem 4 (Jan - April)

Wala assurance for approval. However madedeny ka kapag di ka nag submit ng medical (if from Philippines ka).
If walang balita from anyone it means that everything is good. When they start sending you additional documents then that the time you need to be stress. So please calm down because everything is okay so far.

Too many factors and everything is case to case basis. Hinahanap nila na genuine student ka talaga.

May nakakalusot naman at matinding paliwanagan sa VO and lots of evidence.

Nasa sayo naman yan kung kailan mo gusto depende rin sa school kung kailan yung break nila so its best na school kausapin mo about sa schedule nila. You do the pros and cons tapos ikaw na magdecide which risk are you willing to take.
Hi kapatid, totoo nakakastress talaga kapag nanghingi sila ng additional docs.

Sep 13, 2016
Hi all i submitted my online application kagabi and payment approved naman po, pero upon checking ung acct ko ngaun sa cic not submitted naman ung status normal ba to? Or baka naman nagkaissue lang sila...

dyannebansal

Jun 1, 2017
Hi kapatid, totoo nakakastress talaga kapag nanghingi sila ng additional docs.
Congrat
Finally, it's official. Student permit approved in 28 days, without bank statement.

Timeline:

May 19 - Lodged Application Online
May 21 - Confirmation of Online Submission
May 31 - Medical Request
June 02 - Medical Done @ St Luke's Global City
June 12 - Medical Passed
June 16 - Visa Approved

Documents submitted:

1. IMM Forms
- Family Info
- Application for Student Permit made outside PH
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union
- Request for Medical

2. Letter of Acceptance
- Unconditional
- With break-down of fees for 1 year

3. Proof of Funds
- Bank Cert Only (Not even time deposit)
- Business permit of parents
- DTI permit of business
- ITR and financial declaration of business
- Affidavit of Support
- Land titles (2) + car register with receipt
- Tuition fee security deposit receipt

4. SOP
- Detailed SOP, 2 pages
- College Diploma
- Relevant award I received
- All COE's after graduating
- Latest ITR
- 3 months latest payslip
- NBI Clearance

5. Passport Document
- Recent passport
- Recent travel stamp of my 2-week US vacation
- Passport photo

My profile:

1. I'm studying a program not entirely related to what I finished in University and to what I am currently doing at work
2. Graduated with Latin honors and obtained a service leadership award (I believe these made me seem more of a bonafide student, with all due humility)
3. Graduated 2014, got hired 2 months after graduating, no unusual gaps in work history
4. No other "home ties" than my family being here in PH.

I hope this can help all hopefuls in this thread.
:) God bless and good luck to everyone.[/QU

congrats ms paula

ash8fhinks

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Philippines
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
under review
Hi all i submitted my online application kagabi and payment approved naman po, pero upon checking ung acct ko ngaun sa cic not submitted naman ung status normal ba to? Or baka naman nagkaissue lang sila...
Meron po ipapadala confirmation sayo.

ChrisYu_

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Toronto
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Med's Request
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2017
Finally, it's official. Student permit approved in 28 days, without bank statement.

Timeline:

May 31 - Medical Request
June 12 - Medical Passed
June 16 - Visa Approved

Documents submitted:

1. IMM Forms
- Family Info
- Request for Medical

2. Letter of Acceptance
- Unconditional

3. Proof of Funds
- DTI permit of business
- Affidavit of Support

4. SOP
- Detailed SOP, 2 pages
- College Diploma
- Latest ITR
- NBI Clearance

5. Passport Document
- Recent passport
- Passport photo

My profile:

1. I'm studying a program not entirely related to what I finished in University and to what I am currently doing at work
2. Graduated with Latin honors and obtained a service leadership award (I believe these made me seem more of a bonafide student, with all due humility)
3. Graduated 2014, got hired 2 months after graduating, no unusual gaps in work history

:) God bless and good luck to everyone.
Congrats paula!!! :D

I submitted mine on May 26... hopefully by next week or so, may result na din akin hehe

Ryan_

Jun 20, 2017
Question lang, if you finish your 2 year course in just 16 months, ano na pwede mo gawin with the remaining 8 months? Can you work full time already with just your student visa? Can you start applying for permanent residency na ba nyan?

jjfty

Jun 9, 2017

Timeline:

May 31 - Medical Request
June 12 - Medical Passed
June 16 - Visa Approved

Documents submitted:

1. IMM Forms
- Family Info
- Request for Medical

2. Letter of Acceptance
- Unconditional

3. Proof of Funds
- DTI permit of business
- Affidavit of Support

4. SOP
- Detailed SOP, 2 pages
- College Diploma
- Latest ITR
- NBI Clearance

5. Passport Document
- Recent passport
- Passport photo

My profile:

:) God bless and good luck to everyone.
congratulations! can you help me with the study plan? thanks. if its ok with you may i ask of at least the template? thank you.

jjfty

Jun 9, 2017
Hello po sa lahat,

Been busy for the past few months and ngayon lang ako nakabalik, Congrats nga pala sa mga may approved na ang visa. Dami na mga na approved dito. Hehe

Anyway, sa mga ng paper based application po, ano anong documents po ang pina notarized ninyo (College&high school credentials, COE of past employers, ITR, Employment contract, OR & CR of Cars, Land titles, and etc.)
Sinunod nyo po ba ang requirement ng Certified Thru Copies as stated po sa CIC. Eto po kasi yong format nila:

"Certified true copies"
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must (as described below) compare the original document to the photocopy and
must print the following on the photocopy:
> “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
> the name of the original document,
> the date of the certification,
> his or her name,
>his or her official position or title, and
> his or her signature.

Yong sa atin kasi, Certified True Copies lang nka state di katulad sa CIC na dapat meron talang “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”. Sinunod nyo po ba to?.
as per my aunt's previous visa filing, notarization will be enough. question lang po. what if online application, ino notarize din ba mga docs na ganito? and if docs are from abroad like letter of support or proof of accomodation, ok lng ba dito inotarize sa pinas?

Reactions: jhunix

smm_0411

Mar 5, 2016
AB
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
It goes like this.
Sem 1 (Sep to Dec) --> Sem 2 (Jan - Apr) ---- Summer break can work full time (May-Aug)---> Sem 3 (Sep to Dec) --> Sem 4 (Jan - April) GRADUATION YEY
This is considered as 2 years

Common January Intake that will lead to 2 years
Sem 1 (Jan - Apr) --> Sem 2 (May-Aug) --> Sem 3 (Sep to Dec) --> Sem 4 (Jan - April)

Wala assurance for approval. However madedeny ka kapag di ka nag submit ng medical (if from Philippines ka).
If walang balita from anyone it means that everything is good. When they start sending you additional documents then that the time you need to be stress. So please calm down because everything is okay so far.

Too many factors and everything is case to case basis. Hinahanap nila na genuine student ka talaga.

May nakakalusot naman at matinding paliwanagan sa VO and lots of evidence.

Nasa sayo naman yan kung kailan mo gusto depende rin sa school kung kailan yung break nila so its best na school kausapin mo about sa schedule nila. You do the pros and cons tapos ikaw na magdecide which risk are you willing to take.
Yung January 2018 considering 1yr and 4 months kukunin, 2yr program din ba which will lead to 3 yr. Pgwp?

Pwede din na mag summer break ang winter intake or it will depend sa school schedule?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Question lang, if you finish your 2 year course in just 16 months, ano na pwede mo gawin with the remaining 8 months? Can you work full time already with just your student visa? Can you start applying for permanent residency na ba nyan?
Your student permit will expire on the date stated on your permit OR 90 days after your last class. Which ever comes first. So, NO, di ka makakapag work sa remaining 8 months. Pwede 20hrs per week for the remaining 3 months pero not full time. You need work permit to work full time. To apply for permanent residency you will go through programs. Different program requires different eligibility. You need to do your research on this.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Yung January 2018 considering 1yr and 4 months kukunin, 2yr program din ba which will lead to 3 yr. Pgwp?

Pwede din na mag summer break ang winter intake or it will depend sa school schedule?
I am not 100% sure on this. Maybe magdedepend sa magbibigay sayo na officer pero I think i've read somewhere down the thread na di siya exactly 2 years course kasi kulang ng few months pero binigyan siya ng 3yrs PGWP.

ChrisYu_

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Toronto
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Med's Request
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2017
Hi guys!

Just wanted to share with you guys my application..

My application recently got approved din yesterday!

I lodged mine online on May 26 and CIC approved it on June 22! Around 4-5 weeks!

May 26 - Submitted application online
May 28 - Confirmation of online submission
June 15 - Medicals passed (I did upfront and submitted it initially na, i think confirmation nalang that they received the medicals on this day)
June 22 - Visa approved

Super laking tulong ng thread na ito... Thank goodness di ako nag-agency pa! It's really true when they say you can pretty much do everything by yourself with help from people na may experience na with this. Thank you so much sa mga feedback din especially na super kulit din ako magtanong sa thread na ito. Prayers and research lang talaga.

Good luck to those who also submitted. :)

dyannebansal

Jun 1, 2017
Hi guys!

I lodged mine online on May 26 and CIC approved it on June 22! Around 4-5 weeks!

June 15 - Medicals passed (I did upfront and submitted it initially na, i think confirmation nalang that they received the medicals on this day)
June 22 - Visa approved

Super laking tulong ng thread na ito... Thank goodness di ako nag-agency pa! It's really true when they say you can pretty much do everything by yourself with help from people na may experience na with this. Thank you so much sa mga feedback din especially na super kulit din ako magtanong sa thread na ito. Prayers and research lang talaga.

Congrats! Halos magkasabayan lang pala tau, may 30 ako nag lodge paper based sa vfs. Ask ko lang ano mga documents pinasa mo? And ano nakalagay sa SOP mo? Salamat

ash8fhinks

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Philippines
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
under review
Hi guys!

June 22 - Visa approved

congrats po!

ash8fhinks

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Philippines
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
under review
Congrats! Halos magkasabayan lang pala tau, may 30 ako nag lodge paper based sa vfs. Ask ko lang ano mga documents pinasa mo? And ano nakalagay sa SOP mo? Salamat
Sa tingin ko mas convenient talaga ang online application. Athough kapag paper based madouble check talaga ung mga documents na e submit mo. Online din po kami and hoping for a positive result. God willing! Goodluck po sa atin lahat :)

Reactions: dyannebansal