+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Rineskey

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Hi! I was in Canada 2 years ago as a worker. Now, I'm planning to apply for a student permit and do an upfront medical. I have a 2 year old son who is a Canadian citizen. Question is, kelangan nya rin po ba magpa medical or hindi na? Since di nya naman kelangan ng kahit anong visa. Maraming salamat sa sasagot.

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
ChrisYu_ said:
got it thanks! yung nagpolice clearance ka ba, nagpresent ka pa ba ng barangay clearance at cedula? or kahit two government IDs nalang sufficient? outdated na kasi yung mga info at requirements na nakikita ko online eh...
Cedula then Brgy.Clearance then Police Clearance

brutalv said:
@jjdira18- Thank you po.

Suggestion ko lng po dun sa mga waiting, pa renew nyo na ang passport nyo kasi ang validity ng visa mag depend lang sa validity ng passport. Sayang nga lang hindi ko napa renew agad. Pero sabi madali nlng naman daw mag request ng visa extension.
Email sa akin noong naginquire ako about diyan

Dear Sir/Madam,

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations require non-visa-exempt passport holders to carry both a valid visa and a valid passport. Note that the valid visa does not have to be in the valid passport. A valid Canadian visa in a passport which is expired or has been cancelled without prejudice (e.g. for renewal) can still be used since the expiration of the passport has no effect on the visa's validity. However you must then travel with both the new valid passport and the expired/cancelled passport containing the valid visa. If you renewed your passport to reflect your married name, it may be advisable to bring an original copy of your marriage certificate as proof of identity.

Note that the Philippine Bureau of Immigration requires all Filipinos travelling abroad to carry a passport which is valid for at least six months. For inquiries regarding this matter, please contact the Bureau of Immigration.

Reactions: Ryan_

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Rineskey said:
Hi! I was in Canada 2 years ago as a worker. Now, I'm planning to apply for a student permit and do an upfront medical. I have a 2 year old son who is a Canadian citizen. Question is, kelangan nya rin po ba magpa medical or hindi na? Since di nya naman kelangan ng kahit anong visa. Maraming salamat sa sasagot.
Your son does not need a medical exam to get a visa.
If ever he can do it in Canada.

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
scorpio1641 said:
1. Bank certificates have to be requested from the bank mismo. I don't know if only bank statements will suffice. I submitted both.
2. No you don't need to pay the full tuition amount. I didn't pay the full tuition until my visa got approved. But coordinate with your student advisor.
3. Fees breakdown statement does not need to be submitted with your application
4. No idea with the medical exam since I didn't do upfront
5. No need for a police clearance, NBI is fine.
Hi Scorpio,

Congrats in advance! May question lang ako re medical. kasi mag llodge na kami and parang ayaw nalang namin mag upfront. how long did it take for you to receive the medical request ng embassy?

salamat ! :)

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
mic-mic said:
Hello!

It's a team effort! Aral ako habang work si kumander and then qualified na kami for CEC even before I graduate kasi sobrang swerte namin ;D

Thanks for the well wishes! I do my best to contribute here since dito din sa thread na ito ako natuto. Pag na PR na kamiplease, grant us oh, Lord), obviously, share ko pa din how we did it. IT feels good that we submitted it, pero it's 10 times na mas nakakakaba compared to waiting for the PPR of student visa ;D
Yey! Na submit niyo na? Good luck! Prayers offered. Think positive lang and I am sure dadating yan sa inyo. :) malapit na grad mo!

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
ChrisYu_ said:
Sa mga nagrenew ng NBI clearance online,

ano ung purpose na nilagay ninyo? Nalito ako kung ang ilalagay ko ay "School Visa", "Travel to Canada", or "Visa Canada"... Wala kasing option na "Others" eh balak ko sanang ilagay na for Canada study permit application ang ilalagay ko...

Or it doesn't matter which of these options I choose kasi parehas lang?
Dapat "VISA Canada", at least that's what I was told when I applied. The instructions are also at the NBI office when you apply.

cad143 said:
Hi Scorpio,

Congrats in advance! May question lang ako re medical. kasi mag llodge na kami and parang ayaw nalang namin mag upfront. how long did it take for you to receive the medical request ng embassy?

salamat ! :)
I received my request the day after I filed my application. Mabilis lang!

brutalv

Mar 15, 2017
peej06 said:

Email sa akin noong naginquire ako about diyan

Dear Sir/Madam,

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations require non-visa-exempt passport holders to carry both a valid visa and a valid passport. Note that the valid visa does not have to be in the valid passport. A valid Canadian visa in a passport which is expired or has been cancelled without prejudice (e.g. for renewal) can still be used since the expiration of the passport has no effect on the visa's validity. However you must then travel with both the new valid passport and the expired/cancelled passport containing the valid visa. If you renewed your passport to reflect your married name, it may be advisable to bring an original copy of your marriage certificate as proof of identity.

Note that the Philippine Bureau of Immigration requires all Filipinos travelling abroad to carry a passport which is valid for at least six months. For inquiries regarding this matter, please contact the Bureau of Immigration.

Thanks po for the clarification. kasi dun sa letter nareceived namin eto ang sabi "Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport."

ChrisYu_

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Toronto
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Med's Request
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2017
peej06 said:
SCHOOL VISA yung purpose ng NBI Clearance ko. naaccept, naapprove and nandito na ako sa canada

I just wrote school visa nalang din and may hit huhu sa May 5 ko pa makuha. Problem is kasi I couldn't use the quick renewal system online cuz the website advised me to do it upfront so ayun :( at least the grace period gives me time to secure my other requirements na (such as medical, etc)

peej06 said:
pweds pala photocopy nalang ng Brgy clearance, NBI, or any other government issued ID.. got the police clearance din kaagad.

scorpio1641 said:
Dapat "VISA Canada", at least that's what I was told when I applied. The instructions are also at the NBI office when you apply.
I only read this now huhu pero I just followed peej's advice.. siguro pwede naman either na? since yung kay peej naapprove naman siya with the same purpose... thanks scorpio! also, did you do upfront medical? :) i'm planning to do upfront na next week.

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
brutalv said:
Thanks po for the clarification. kasi dun sa letter nareceived namin eto ang sabi "Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport."
for your peace of mind, ask mo nalang din sila for verification, atleast ikaw na makakakuha mismo ng official response

Dante DM

Feb 9, 2017
Hello po. I have a question po. Mas malaki po ba ang chance maapprove ang Study permit kapag publicly-funded and school na papasukan ko compared to private schools, while both of them naman po ay designated institution?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Dante DM said:
Hello po. I have a question po. Mas malaki po ba ang chance maapprove ang Study permit kapag publicly-funded and school na papasukan ko compared to private schools, while both of them naman po ay designated institution?
Doesn't matter naman basta designated institution however kung gusto mo kumuha ng post grad working permit, may ibang private institution na hindi quaqualify doon. At the end baka hindi ka makakuha ng post grad working permit.
Advisable na sa public funded school magaral.

Reactions: Denis 2016

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
Have you guys experienced logging in your cic account and then after clicking on the "continue" button, babalik siya sa home page? Ganyan ang nangyayari sa account ng misis ko. Kailangan ko pang i log-in yung lumang cic account ko and then log out bago maka login ng maayos yung account ng wife ko. Kaya siguro di napa process yung sa kanya eh last March 8 pa siya nag lodge. :(

en999

Feb 9, 2017
Hello everyone! It's been quite some time from my last post and ambilis talaga umusad nitong thread na ito!

My visa got approved even though I was thinking na baka madeny ang application ko due to the factors na other people have mentioned here before like

My passport validity, it will be expiring on Jan 2018 but I'll be taking up a 2 year course (medyo hassle lang na magrenew ako ng passport etc.. pagdating dun pero that's the consequence, atat kasi ako makaalis. haha)
I have stayed in USA (J-1) for 1 year and thankfully they didn't asked for any FBI clearance (Do take note na I applied right away last January 2017 pagbalik ko dito sa PH pero up until now wala parin status kung kelan ko marereceive FBI clearance ko)
My parents are retired and have no source of income other than the monthly allotment coming from my brother
My grades are mediocre at bestand I have quite a few failing marks as well. I didn't even include the transcript of the 1st college that I was admitted to because I only passed 2 subjects there! In addition to that, it took me 6 years to finish a freakin 4 year course.

All in all, halos wala talaga akong confidence na makakapasa ako kaya I poured my heart out sa study plan ko. 2 pages lang naman siya pero nilagay ko talaga dun lahat ng reasons like why my grades were low, why I wanted to study again, why I took up the said course, why I wanted to study in Canada so and so forth... Nahirapan lang ako magexplain sa "ties" ang nilagay ko nalang parents ko saka I plan to work in the academe (imagine lakas loob ko no? haha).

Sa upfront medical wala naman akong naging issue and I only paid yung around 7k pesos sa St. Lukes BGC. Buti nalang talaga wala ako piercing or tattoo kasi yung ibang kasama ko umabot ng around 18k+ sa medical. Although sabi need ko daw mag pa MMRvaccine kasi requirement daw yung sa port of entry even though I've read other reports na hindi naman daw sila hinihingan ng ganun. Yung isa ko ngang kasama sa agency di sinabihan need magpavaccine e. Pero I'll do it nalang this week for piece of mind. Saka useful naman yun for sure.

As for my financial capability, my parents are sponsoring me and I submitted bank certs/statements worth 950k pesos, 2 land titles ng parents and then lastly, coe and letter of support ng parents and ng brother ko. Like everyone else, I already paid the 1st semester tuition fees to solidify my claims na magaaral talaga ako. I did not take IELTS, pero I have a letter of IELTS exemption and then English letter (mode of language) from my local university.

Anyways, finally I'm starting over again! This time I'll make it right na talaga and I'll give my all sa studies ko. Sana lang kayanin ko din isustain sarili ko sa Canada since I want to continue being independent and avoid asking money from my parents as much as possible. So far yung ipon ko from US will suffice for a year's worth of tuition fee. Gagawan ko nalang ng paraan dun at kapag super di na talaga kaya that's the only time I will ask assistance from them. Just to let you all know, I've heard a lot statements coming from people like my co-workers/managers/professors saying na kapag hindi ka ganito blah blah di ka maging successful sa industry na to etc... Sometimes I get depressed pero it became my motivation nalang to even work harder and prove to myself na kaya ko. So far so good... Slowly but surely I'm trying to achieve my dreams!

Good luck to everyone!