+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
MisheL21 said:
Anyone po na pwede magshare ng SOP nila? Please pasend naman po sa email ko.
Thanks in advance

Email add: mishelperez18@gmail.com
Sample Sent

Mayaril2 said:
Ako din po salamat ng marami natashatolentino@yahoo.com
Sample Sent

yhellie0126

Jul 25, 2016
jfider said:
Hi @yhellie0126 :) Would you mind if you can share your timeline po? :) Thank you very much..
Hi jfider!

Here's my timeline.

01-18-17: upfront medical exam sa IOM Makati but I didnt finish all the diagnostic exam that I have to return pa nung Jan 30. But they provided me with a paper which I included in my scanned documents to CiC.

01-22-17: submission of documents, online, prepared na lahat ng documenys ko kya scan and downloading nalang. Wala po ako naprovide na SOP. Nurse po ako here sa pinas now and advance nursing course ko sa canada.

02-03-17: request of police clearance and NBI from CIC

02-16-17: submission of NBi and police certificates, nadelay pagapasa ko kase nasa vacation ako nun.NBI ko for pickup pa. They only provide 15 days time limit for submission of NBi and Police certificates.

At least every week may updates nman from CIC to wait while they process it and have patience.

03-09-17-request for passport

03-10-17: passport submitted personally sa VFS Global

03-15-17: visa approval and stamping!!! Smiley

03-16-17: passport pick-up sa VFS!

Goodluck po sa inyo!! You can do it too! Prayer works!

MisheL21

Mar 11, 2017
just in case nagapply ako alone then naaproved ako then I still have more time before September intake can I still apply my dependents while I'm here in the Philippines? (husband and 5yrold son) so that when we leave sabay sabay na kmi. ano ano kaya hahanapin na documents?

pls enlighten me
thanks in advance sa mga help!

jfider

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
yhellie0126 said:
Hi jfider!

Here's my timeline.

01-18-17: upfront medical exam sa IOM Makati but I didnt finish all the diagnostic exam that I have to return pa nung Jan 30. But they provided me with a paper which I included in my scanned documents to CiC.

01-22-17: submission of documents, online, prepared na lahat ng documenys ko kya scan and downloading nalang. Wala po ako naprovide na SOP. Nurse po ako here sa pinas now and advance nursing course ko sa canada.

02-03-17: request of police clearance and NBI from CIC

02-16-17: submission of NBi and police certificates, nadelay pagapasa ko kase nasa vacation ako nun.NBI ko for pickup pa. They only provide 15 days time limit for submission of NBi and Police certificates.

At least every week may updates nman from CIC to wait while they process it and have patience.

03-09-17-request for passport

03-10-17: passport submitted personally sa VFS Global

03-15-17: visa approval and stamping!!! Smiley

03-16-17: passport pick-up sa VFS!

Goodluck po sa inyo!! You can do it too! Prayer works!
Thank you very much for sharing.. Good thing all my Police Clearance are on process na.. grabe, 15days lng ang timelimit.. Thanks po ult.. Goodluck to all my co-applicants. :)

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
MisheL21 said:
just in case nagapply ako alone then naaproved ako then I still have more time before September intake can I still apply my dependents while I'm here in the Philippines? (husband and 5yrold son) so that when we leave sabay sabay na kmi. ano ano kaya hahanapin na documents?

pls enlighten me
thanks in advance sa mga help!
Yes. Check mo requirements ng openwork permit for spouse of international student at student permit (minor)

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
yhellie0126 said:
Hello everyone. I have another question. Yung medical insurance po ba is required upon entry. Hahanapin po ba yun sa immigration? Yung Med insurance ko kase magtake effect daw during my first day of class according sa School. Do i need any documentation na may med insurance ako?

Again.. thank you so much! And goodluck to everyone!
they will not ask for it. And you do not need to volunteer the info to the immigration officer :p
I don't think you need to worry, cause it will be included naman in your tuition ... just make sure you don't get sick before you get to class :p
Really, it's a non-issue.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
nizzababe said:
Hello po mga seniors, help po, refused po un online application ko :(

Nag apply po ako by papers nun Feb 2017 at natanggap ko din po un refusal same month at eto un reasons;
"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
- Purpose of visit
- Employment prospects in country of residence
- Current employment situation
Other reasons: Proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of : previous studies, future prospects, level of establishment, language abilities"

I revised my SOP & apply online last 10 March at eto naman po ang reasons of refusal;
"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
- Purpose of visit
- Personal Assets and Financial Status
Other reasons: Proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of : previous studies, future prospects, level of establishment"

Gusto ko po uli mag apply, kaya lang bka hindi na ako umabot pra sa May 2017 intake, please give me advice po. At manghihingi din po ako ng sample SOP pra masagot ko un purpose ng visit. Change po kc ng line, from business to medical field. Please give me sample SOP to answer po un other reasons. Salamat po ng madami. Nanlulumo ako sa resulta.
Nakaapekto rin po kaya un may express entry profile po ako? Dapat po kayang delet-in ko muna un? Salamat po
Ano yung background mo and what is your planned course in Canada? Your express entry profile has no bearing on the refusal, so it must be something else.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
DRON15 said:
Hi everyone,

I was new to this forum and i found it really helpful to anyone who seek answer to their concern. I myself have lot of Q's relevant to this topic. That is why joining a forum like this could somehow equip me with new information as people here are willing to share their timeline, application status, update etc.

By the way,with pertains to police certificate acquisition is there really a need to seek police clearance if you will apply for SP? I am a former OFW from K.S.A for nearly 6 years from 2005-2011 afterwards i stayed in Philippines up to present. It was quite hard to get a police cert. from a country that you do not have anyone in connection since long time. I hope someone could enlighten me :)thnx
yes, you do need to get your police certificate for Saudi http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

ChrisYu_ said:
Hello!

Newbie here and I really need your help..

Kasi balak ko mag study abroad for post graduate...

Currently, I'm considering Centennial, Seneca, George Brown at Humber...

Sa Centennial pa lang ako nagpasa ng requirements kasi free lang ang application doon online.

I just wanted to ask if may mga nakaexperience or natanggap na sa any of the four colleges? I wanna ask kung ano experience niyo in terms of applying (like kung gaano katagal, etc.) at yung environment nung college doon mismo...

Any help and feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thank you so much!
I study in Centennial. So far, positive naman yung experience ko dito overall, although it is not perfect of course :)
There's not a lot of difference between the four colleges you mentioned, all of them should be fine. Depende na lang yun sa yo.

Dante DM

Feb 9, 2017
mic-mic said:
Hello!

Sa public school I think it's almost free and you just have to bring some of their school credentials from back home. Better make sure at point of entry that thepiece of paper printed for them has details that they are allowed to study. Best is to know as early as now which school you intend to have them study in and send an email to one of their staff/admin to inquire. My son kasi is just 3 so next year pa and I will be on Work Permit by that time. With daycare naman, we pay 800/ month kasi sa mississauga wala subsidy ang mga students... BUT in Toronto, you can get subsidy for daycare if you can provide proof that you are a full time student and your partner is working fulltime and falls under a specific income range I think. Take note that the waiting list is vERY VERY long too!

For bringing in food naman, what I noticed is lahat ng pagkain natin sa pinas is almost meron lahat dito. Balut lang yata ang di ko pa nakikita so it might be more convenient to just not bring anything that may cause you trouble. :)

Just a reminder to everyone, if you are really serious about applying, please read this thread from the beginning because the process barely changed and you will learn from the mistakes and success stories of people. No need for any agency because by merely reading here, mas madami pa ako nalaman kaysa sa mga agency and the money saved can go to your rent/bus money :)

Here's a sample computation bakit 10k/year ang hinahanap na show money for a single person:
1. Rent 700-1.5k/month depending sa location and if room lang, basement or 1 bedroom apartment
2. Bus pass, I spend roughly 150/month and this excludes trips on weekends
3. Food, very subjective on how picky you are pero we spend 100/week
4. Gas 50/week
5. Car insurance 350/month for 2 drivers
6. Daycare 800/month (libre sa Toronto pero swertehan din dahil sa haba ng pila)

So to give you an idea, we spend at least 2.5k/month. I hope this gives people a more realistic expectation kung magkano talaga ang kailangan nila. Syempre mas mura ang gastos if wala car and if single ka lang :)

Goodluck Sharonina! I hope she gets it! My advice is read this thread from the beginning so you know what to do and what not to do :)

Hello.

Ask ko lang po kung libre po mga bata sa public school. Sa case ko po kasi tatlong bata kasama ko. Yung isa po is grade 7, then grade 3 and preschooler naman yung bunso.

Thank you po.

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
Dante DM said:
Hello.

Ask ko lang po kung libre po mga bata sa public school. Sa case ko po kasi tatlong bata kasama ko. Yung isa po is grade 7, then grade 3 and preschooler naman yung bunso.

Thank you po.
nope, especially kung di ka citizen/PR

approved na ba application niyong pamilya? as student ba application mo?

29Torrjane

Dec 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
nizzababe said:
Hello po mga seniors, help po, refused po un online application ko :(

Nag apply po ako by papers nun Feb 2017 at natanggap ko din po un refusal same month at eto un reasons;
- Purpose of visit
- Employment prospects in country of residence
- Current employment situation
Other reasons: Proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of : previous studies, future prospects, level of establishment, language abilities"

I revised my SOP & apply online last 10 March at eto naman po ang reasons of refusal;
- Purpose of visit
- Personal Assets and Financial Status
Other reasons: Proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of : previous studies, future prospects, level of establishment"

Gusto ko po uli mag apply, kaya lang bka hindi na ako umabot pra sa May 2017 intake, please give me advice po. At manghihingi din po ako ng sample SOP pra masagot ko un purpose ng visit. Change po kc ng line, from business to medical field. Please give me sample SOP to answer po un other reasons. Salamat po ng madami. Nanlulumo ako sa resulta.
Nakaapekto rin po kaya un may express entry profile po ako? Dapat po kayang delet-in ko muna un? Salamat po
Hi did u apply here lang sa PH? Or are u outside the country? Bat ang bilis ng results mo. Try na lang ulit mag apply wag mawalan ng pag asa!

ChrisYu_

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Toronto
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Med's Request
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2017
scorpio1641 said:
I study in Centennial. So far, positive naman yung experience ko dito overall, although it is not perfect of course :)
There's not a lot of difference between the four colleges you mentioned, all of them should be fine. Depende na lang yun sa yo.
Oh yay! Salamat sa response! Centennial na din kasi kinoconsider ko eh and nagsimula na akong magapply doon. Anong tinatake mo ngayon doon? :) Nung nagemail na ako ng requirements, sabi sa akin magissue daw sila ng deposit letter tpos kelangan ko na magdeposit ng $2300 CDN saka nila isesend yung letter of acceptance.

Ask ko lang kung ganun ba talaga protocol nila? Nalito lang ako kasi sabi niya may deposit letter pa tapos may offer letter.

Salamat ulit ng sobra!

acgv

Nov 4, 2016
Hello, guys! Pwede po bang humingi ng advice? I'm currently studying Graduate Certificate here in Niagara College and gusto ko sana mag study for another year. Matatapos program ko this August and mag eexpire study permit ko this November. Plan ko po sanang mag enroll next January 2018 para second post grad program. Pwede ba akong mag work for 4 months tapos enroll ako sa January? Any advice po? Thank you! :)

Lcube

Jan 27, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore - Online Application
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
In-process
LANDED..........
August 2017
kapatid said:
Sample Sent

Sample Sent

Hello! ako din po, chocotwinkle@yahoo.com

Salamat in advance!

Lcube

Jan 27, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore - Online Application
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
In-process
LANDED..........
August 2017
peej06 said:
sa mga nadala ang anak nila sa canada, need ba ng minor child ng sariling cic account for online application or puwede nila gamitin yung cic account ng parents for online application?
maglaland ako this april, after ko magland iapply ko na yung sa anak ko.
Hi Peej! Approved ka na pala! Congrats! Magllodge p lang ako. Sana ma-approve din! See you sa SAIT! ;D