+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

ibelieve

May 3, 2016
elladayrit said:
Hi tyn! Question. May coop ka din ba sa program mo? and how much cheaper siya compared sa two years na course? Im looking into it. Yung nahanap ko kasi for my course originally 2 years naging 1 and a half year na lang. Also, magkano show money mo?

Thank you.
Hi tyn, if fast track ung course every term ba ang payment ng tuition fee? if 3 years ang course then 6 terms siya considered as 3 year course un? thanks

tyn

Nov 7, 2016
elladayrit said:
Hi tyn! Question. May coop ka din ba sa program mo? and how much cheaper siya compared sa two years na course? Im looking into it. Yung nahanap ko kasi for my course originally 2 years naging 1 and a half year na lang. Also, magkano show money mo?

Thank you.
Hi elladayrit! Wala pong coop ung program ko. Nakasave ako ng 1 term which is worth 7k+ CAD. Nakasave dn ako ng time para makapagwork agad at makabawi hehe. Ano yung nahanap mong program? Paano sya nging 1 and a half year?

Re show money, actually wala akong bank statement na sinubmit. 8k CAD bank draft lang then letter of support + ITR of my uncle who sponsored me.

tyn

Nov 7, 2016
ibelieve said:
Hi tyn, if fast track ung course every term ba ang payment ng tuition fee? if 3 years ang course then 6 terms siya considered as 3 year course un? thanks
Yes, every term po ako nagbayad ng tuition. And yes, 3-year course po yun kung ganun ang structure, but why study for 3 years if you can get a 3yr work permit by studying a 2yr program? Well, if you can afford ung 3 years, okay lng naman hehe :D

cesces

Oct 5, 2016
scorpio1641 said:
Did you receive your email already? Usually within one to two days ... just wait lang, para malaman mo rin kung ano yung reasons for refusal.

Thanks for replying :) Haven't received any email (reasons for refusal) yet. But I just received a text today from VFS that they already dispatched my passport from the Canada Visa Office. Does it mean that there is still a possibility that it was approved since I haven't received any refusal letter and that there was just a technical error in their website? I don't wanna keep my hopes up but whatever the result is, I know God has better plans.

By the way, where do they send the refusal letter? Email or snail mail? Thank you :)

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
^ If your passport was dispatched without the approval email, malamang refused nga. I think the letter is sent with your passport.
Wag kang mawalan ng pag-asa, pwede ka naman mag-apply ulit once you know the reasons for refusal. Let us know here din, baka pwede ka namin matulungan :) Good luck

angela412

Mar 15, 2016
Can anyone please enlighten me about PGWP eligible schools? If public institution ba sure ang PGWP and pag private institution less chances ang PGWP? I will be lodging my application sa Sprott Shaw. I asked their immigration representative about PGWP eligibility sabi nya hindi daw institution ang nagdedetermine ng eligibility ang IRCC daw. Gusto kong makasigurado sana na after graduation eh malaki ang chance ko to get PGWP.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hello!

If you check the requirements of a PGWP, the main are:
-previously enrolled in a DLI (designated learning institution) full time
-applied for the PGWP within 90 days (not sure) of obtaining a copy of your official transcripts

Not really sure baka may ammendments na but this was the main things during our time

@Mike, don't lose hope. Subok lang ng subok!

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
mikescotchwhisky said:
Scorpio, paki email ako, meron sana ako itatanong. Kung okay lang. mikescotchwhisky@yahoo.com
Emailed you na

angela412 said:
Can anyone please enlighten me about PGWP eligible schools? If public institution ba sure ang PGWP and pag private institution less chances ang PGWP? I will be lodging my application sa Sprott Shaw. I asked their immigration representative about PGWP eligibility sabi nya hindi daw institution ang nagdedetermine ng eligibility ang IRCC daw. Gusto kong makasigurado sana na after graduation eh malaki ang chance ko to get PGWP.
That's a weird answer from their representative, he should know if your program is PGWP eligible. Check Sprott Shaw sa DLI list sa CIC website

angela412

Mar 15, 2016
I thought it was a weird answer too. Sprott Shaw is a DLI naman pro it doesnt state sa website nila na PGWP eligible sila unlike Langara. And according to the rep, may mga Sprott Shaw graduates na nabibigyan ng PGWP at meron ding nadedeny. :eek:

If an institution states that they are PGWP eligible does that mean that all their graduates will surely get PGWP?

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
^well, nothing is 100% sure, but as far as I know, wala namang nadedeny unless they violated the terms of their visa - especially yung mga nagwowork for more than 20 hours a week, or yung mga nagdrop ng subjects and weren't full time students at any point.
But again, make sure your school and program is PGWP eligible kasi may ibang schools na hindi kasama ... what's your program at bakit daw nadedeny yung iba. Kaloka ang sagot nya, parang hugas kamay

worrygal

Nov 5, 2016
mic-mic said:
Hello, just to add to what scorpio said, once you are given an Offer letter, assuming you already gathered all the documents needed to apply for the student visa.

In mycase, when I got the offer letter, I immediately applied the next day. In the offer letter, it gives you an ample amount of days to apply for the visa (they are aware of the time it takes to get your visa) and pay the deposit.

You do not need to pay an entire year's worth of tuition because getting the refund will be hard based on what I read on threads.

I didn't pay the deposite (if I remeber it right) up until I had my visa approved. Masyado ako sigurista ;D

And yes, no need for an agency because as you progress, you want to process your PGWP on your own because people who will do that here for you will be very expensive. The same goes when the time you will be lodging your PR application. So it's good practice to do it on your own now if you're in it for the long run :)

Nga pala, kami nila tipsy, floje and scorpio yung well documented yung applications so if you backread, you can learn from the things we did. Graduating na kami sa May 2017 (meron yata isa dyan matatapos na this year hehe) so wish us luck!

Regarding part time jobs, madami talaga sa Toronto! I'm located in Mississauga(still part of the Greater Toroonto Area) and jobs are also available. What I did the first time I applied was to join a job fair of a retail company and was hired on the spot. Take note however that this is just a retail job because you can only work part time as a student. Tried applying for a more related field to my studies but they all said get back to us when you graduate or they need somebody full time. So tiis tiis muna habang nag-aaral :)

Quick tip: apply to jobs near your house or near the bus station papunta or pauwi ng school. What takes 15 minutes by car will take around 45 minutes by bus dito ;)
Hi MicMic!

I've been reading all your posts here and you've been a big help to this site esp. for us who also wishes to study in Canada.
I applied online last Oct. 27 all by myself and I had this big big problem. I submitted a wrong document. Instead of submitting my Mom's car registration, yung car registration ng nakabangga sa car ng mom ko ang na submit ko. Hindi na ako makatulog dahil sa stupidity ko na hindi ko muna tiningnan. Do you think magiging reason yun sa refusal? Wag naman sana.

Is there any way na ma-correct ko yung document? Can I email them 'cos I can justify naman na talagang nabangga ang car ng mom ko kasi may police clearance. :(

May case ba dito like my case?

Sana maraming answers.. Thank you!

worrygal

Nov 5, 2016
mic-mic said:
Hello, just to add to what scorpio said, once you are given an Offer letter, assuming you already gathered all the documents needed to apply for the student visa.

In mycase, when I got the offer letter, I immediately applied the next day. In the offer letter, it gives you an ample amount of days to apply for the visa (they are aware of the time it takes to get your visa) and pay the deposit.

You do not need to pay an entire year's worth of tuition because getting the refund will be hard based on what I read on threads.

I didn't pay the deposite (if I remeber it right) up until I had my visa approved. Masyado ako sigurista ;D

And yes, no need for an agency because as you progress, you want to process your PGWP on your own because people who will do that here for you will be very expensive. The same goes when the time you will be lodging your PR application. So it's good practice to do it on your own now if you're in it for the long run :)

Nga pala, kami nila tipsy, floje and scorpio yung well documented yung applications so if you backread, you can learn from the things we did. Graduating na kami sa May 2017 (meron yata isa dyan matatapos na this year hehe) so wish us luck!

Regarding part time jobs, madami talaga sa Toronto! I'm located in Mississauga(still part of the Greater Toroonto Area) and jobs are also available. What I did the first time I applied was to join a job fair of a retail company and was hired on the spot. Take note however that this is just a retail job because you can only work part time as a student. Tried applying for a more related field to my studies but they all said get back to us when you graduate or they need somebody full time. So tiis tiis muna habang nag-aaral :)

Quick tip: apply to jobs near your house or near the bus station papunta or pauwi ng school. What takes 15 minutes by car will take around 45 minutes by bus dito ;)
Hi MicMic!

I've been reading all your posts here and you've been a big help to this site esp. for us who also wishes to study in Canada.
I applied online last Oct. 27 all by myself and I had this big big problem. I submitted a wrong document. Instead of submitting my Mom's car registration, yung car registration ng nakabangga sa car ng mom ko ang na submit ko. Hindi na ako makatulog dahil sa stupidity ko na hindi ko muna tiningnan. Do you think magiging reason yun sa refusal? Wag naman sana.

Is there any way na ma-correct ko yung document? Can I email them 'cos I can justify naman na talagang nabangga ang car ng mom ko kasi may police clearance. :(

May case ba dito like my case?

Sana maraming answers.. Thank you!

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
^ I think hindi naman ma-aaffected yung application mo if it's just the wrong car registration. Once you submit your application kasi that's it, you cannot add anymore documents unless the visa officer asks for them. I frankly haven't come across a case like yours lol
You can try using the case specific inquiry form: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=manila pero usually ginagamit yan pag matagal na ang application mo, and you haven't heard from them. Worth a try.
Personally, I don't think it's anything to worry about. Just be ready with the right documents once hihingin sa yo.

angela412

Mar 15, 2016
scorpio1641 said:
^well, nothing is 100% sure, but as far as I know, wala namang nadedeny unless they violated the terms of their visa - especially yung mga nagwowork for more than 20 hours a week, or yung mga nagdrop ng subjects and weren't full time students at any point.
But again, make sure your school and program is PGWP eligible kasi may ibang schools na hindi kasama ... what's your program at bakit daw nadedeny yung iba. Kaloka ang sagot nya, parang hugas kamay
kaya nga! kaloka talaga...ang dami kong questions sa rep then towards the end sabi nya if I want to go further into details daw I need to confirm if I am going to avail of the study permit retainer :eek: anyway, I got my answer naman na through the sprott shaw website..yung course ko which is early childhood education is PGWP eligible. sa sept 2017 ko balak mag-aral so would apply maybe april or earlier need ko pa maggatther ng funds eh..in the mean time magrere-apply ako ng TRV for my daughter kase mageexpire na ang TRV nya sa may. oks lang naman na mag re-apply ng TRV for her and then after a few month mag apply ng study permit di ba?