+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

mikescotchwhisky

Oct 16, 2016
Hello Everyone! My name is Mike and I am applying for a Study Permit in Canada.
I applied 5 Days ago.
Date of Application: October 12th, 2016

I applied through Paper Application at VFS, Cebu that is located at the 9th Floor Keppel Building.

Question 1: CAN YOU GUYS TELL ME HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET A RESPONSE FROM YOUR APPLICATION?

Documents Submitted:
• Letter of Acceptance from Centennial College
• Letter of Explanation
• Original Passport (Together with my Expired Passport)
• Proof of Income (My parents will be sponsoring my studies so I submited the following:)
- Notarized Letter of Support from my parents with a Signature of my lawyer.
- Bank Certificate of My Parents ( BDO)
- Bank Statements for the last 24 Months (BDO)
- Land Title of My Parents
• School Credentials: Bachelors Degree Diploma & TOR, High School Diploma & TOR, Diploma of Hospitality
• Application Made Outside Canada, Family Information, 2 Document Checklist
• NBI Clearance
• Up Front Medical ( From Nationwide Health Systems Cebu, Inc.)
• NSO: Birth Certificate

QUESTION 2: Do you guys think that I have a high chance of getting an Approval Letter?

I am worried because the program that I took was a 2 year College Diploma and they might be wondering why I am planning to take it even though I have graduated a 4 Years Bachelors Degree here in the Philippines. I forgot to explain it on my letter of explanation but I hope they are already aware about the educational standard that we have here in the Philippines.

I am also thinking about the proof that I will leave Canada after my studies because I was unemployed after my graduation and never tried working because I am planning to make my own business someday. But, if they are going to based it on my Travel History, I've been to Hong Kong, Korea, Japan and Canada. ( I visted Canada last month and stayed 3 weeks for Vacation)
Do you guys think that it is enough proof that I am going to leave Canada after my stay?

Please share your experiences if you guys got refused or got approved. Mga Kababayan, let's HELP each other.
I will give you guys an update of my results.
I hope they will approve my application because my class starts at January 2017.

Jgr37110

Oct 9, 2016
ianess said:
Hi.. sorry very late na nang reply ko.. I got my refusal last October 6.. sad talaga ako and hubby.. But I am still hopeful, yung kapatid ko sa Canada nag order nang caips notes to figure out where we did wrong and from there mag resubmit kami satisfying the grounds for refusal.. Im thinking na baka e try ko mag Case specific inquiry muna before paying again for resubmitting my application.. posted below are the general reasons of my refusal.. I hope someone here can give light. by the way, sa Langgara din ako, Post degree course

Hala sorry to hear that sis Baka pwede pa kayo mag appeal nyan or re apply nlang kayo sa May class. Ilang weeks nga pala hinintay mo sis para sa result ng visa?

lourve

Star Member
May 11, 2016
mikescotchwhisky said:
Hello Everyone! My name is Mike and I am applying for a Study Permit in Canada.
I applied 5 Days ago.
Date of Application: October 12th, 2016

I applied through Paper Application at VFS, Cebu that is located at the 9th Floor Keppel Building.

Question 1: CAN YOU GUYS TELL ME HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET A RESPONSE FROM YOUR APPLICATION?

QUESTION 2: Do you guys think that I have a high chance of getting an Approval Letter?

I am worried because the program that I took was a 2 year College Diploma and they might be wondering why I am planning to take it even though I have graduated a 4 Years Bachelors Degree here in the Philippines. I forgot to explain it on my letter of explanation but I hope they are already aware about the educational standard that we have here in the Philippines.

I am also thinking about the proof that I will leave Canada after my studies because I was unemployed after my graduation and never tried working because I am planning to make my own business someday. But, if they are going to based it on my Travel History, I've been to Hong Kong, Korea, Japan and Canada. ( I visted Canada last month and stayed 3 weeks for Vacation)
Do you guys think that it is enough proof that I am going to leave Canada after my stay?

Please share your experiences if you guys got refused or got approved. Mga Kababayan, let's HELP each other.
I will give you guys an update of my results.
I hope they will approve my application because my class starts at January 2017.
Question 1: According to CIC processing time, 9 weeks, but there are applicants who got their visa before the processing time reached.

Question 2: I'm not quite sure on this one. But if you explained it well in your SOP or the VO is satisfied with your SOP and documents you might get a chance.

Waiting for my result too. Applied Sept 22, 2016 and still no result yet. Lets just pray and pray while waiting. God bless to us

missrome

Sep 8, 2016
ianess said:
Hi.. sorry very late na nang reply ko.. I got my refusal last October 6.. sad talaga ako and hubby.. But I am still hopeful, yung kapatid ko sa Canada nag order nang caips notes to figure out where we did wrong and from there mag resubmit kami satisfying the grounds for refusal.. Im thinking na baka e try ko mag Case specific inquiry muna before paying again for resubmitting my application.. posted below are the general reasons of my refusal.. I hope someone here can give light. by the way, sa Langgara din ako, Post degree course

paper based po ba kayo or online?

Jgr37110

Oct 9, 2016
Hi! Guys! Gusto ko lang i share, kinakabahan na talaga ako haha parang sisikip dibdib ko if wala ako masabihan sa kaba ko haha last oct.4 na pass ang medical result ko and until now i'm still waiting I'm just worried kc the agency advised me to put the money(financial proof) to support my application in a CTD/time deposit Then after reading the forum here, parang lahat ng pass ng 4months history. Kailan ba talaga yun?? Kc in my experience, iI work in a bank until now then i am the one who make a bank certs for our clients applying for visa and most of them are only asking for bank certification with no history for months and approved naman halos cla lahat. Kaya ask ko lang, need ba talaga yun? Na coconfuse na talaga ako o baka naloloka na sa kakahintay haha

ianess

Apr 12, 2016
Jgr37110 said:
Hala sorry to hear that sis Baka pwede pa kayo mag appeal nyan or re apply nlang kayo sa May class. Ilang weeks nga pala hinintay mo sis para sa result ng visa?
hi,

I decided to wait nalang for my caips notes.. then proceed from there.. mga 2 weeks ang result after my medicals

mikescotchwhisky

Oct 16, 2016
lourve said:
Question 1: According to CIC processing time, 9 weeks, but there are applicants who got their visa before the processing time reached.

Question 2: I'm not quite sure on this one. But if you explained it well in your SOP or the VO is satisfied with your SOP and documents you might get a chance.

Waiting for my result too. Applied Sept 22, 2016 and still no result yet. Lets just pray and pray while waiting. God bless to us
Yeah, I am not sure about my result but I am already making a new SOP in case I get a refusal but I hope not. My class starts on January 2017. Lourve, please give me an update with your application, did you apply online or paper?

lourve

Star Member
May 11, 2016
mikescotchwhisky said:
Yeah, I am not sure about my result but I am already making a new SOP in case I get a refusal but I hope not. My class starts on January 2017. Lourve, please give me an update with your application, did you apply online or paper?

Paper based ako. Self-apply ka lang or with agency? Under Enhance Agency ako. Same tayo ng intake so hoping to get a result ASAP para makapag prepare na sa mga kailangan. Baka mga November pa ung result ko since 9 weeks ung processing time eh. Pray and pray lang tayo :)

lourve

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Jgr37110 said:
Hi! Guys! Gusto ko lang i share, kinakabahan na talaga ako haha parang sisikip dibdib ko if wala ako masabihan sa kaba ko haha last oct.4 na pass ang medical result ko and until now i'm still waiting I'm just worried kc the agency advised me to put the money(financial proof) to support my application in a CTD/time deposit Then after reading the forum here, parang lahat ng pass ng 4months history. Kailan ba talaga yun?? Kc in my experience, iI work in a bank until now then i am the one who make a bank certs for our clients applying for visa and most of them are only asking for bank certification with no history for months and approved naman halos cla lahat. Kaya ask ko lang, need ba talaga yun? Na coconfuse na talaga ako o baka naloloka na sa kakahintay haha
Hi. Nasa CIC list of requirements naka indicate dun na 4 months bank statement pero may iba naman din na bank certificate lang pinass. Pray na lang natin na ma okay na ung mga papers natin and makakuha tayo ng approval the soonest :)

jont

Oct 20, 2016
Hi!

Goodeve! sino po dito an nasa canada na or nag aapply? pwede mkahnge ng suggestions nyo? gusto ko sana ma apply as student sa canada so i contacted Canadian Immagration Consultancy and nag bayad na ako ng 30k para sa visa assistance kaso worried ako kung mattlngan nila ako since bago palang daw sila sa student assistance, 2 years course kukunin ko sana sa Va as bridging program to be a nurse.

Tapos nakausap ko dn yng Inscol and yung offer nila is 1 year sa Ontario and walang bayad sa assistance mostly sa tuition fee lang daw ang gagastosn ko and visa requirements.

Naguguluhan ako kung anong best way para makapunta sa canada. Medyo malaki kasi gastos so gusto ko maka sure. sana matlngan niyo ako. Thanks!

Jgr37110

Oct 9, 2016
jont said:
Hi!

Goodeve! sino po dito an nasa canada na or nag aapply? pwede mkahnge ng suggestions nyo? gusto ko sana ma apply as student sa canada so i contacted Canadian Immagration Consultancy and nag bayad na ako ng 30k para sa visa assistance kaso worried ako kung mattlngan nila ako since bago palang daw sila sa student assistance, 2 years course kukunin ko sana sa Va as bridging program to be a nurse.

Tapos nakausap ko dn yng Inscol and yung offer nila is 1 year sa Ontario and walang bayad sa assistance mostly sa tuition fee lang daw ang gagastosn ko and visa requirements.

Naguguluhan ako kung anong best way para makapunta sa canada. Medyo malaki kasi gastos so gusto ko maka sure. sana matlngan niyo ako. Thanks!
Hi! Still waiting parin ako sa result ng visa ko. Nag agency ako sa WES cebu 65k processing nila if cash and 75k ata pag 2months to pay. Masyado natagalan pag process ng papers ko kc matagal na confirm ng school yung payment ko sa registration. So far sa nakita ko sa agency ko lahat ng nag apply sa kanila for september2016 class eh na approve lahat ng visa for a month o pinakamatagal na one month and two weeks.. And now i'm still waiting sa result, hopefully meron na nextweek☺

mikescotchwhisky

Oct 16, 2016
lourve said:
Paper based ako. Self-apply ka lang or with agency? Under Enhance Agency ako. Same tayo ng intake so hoping to get a result ASAP para makapag prepare na sa mga kailangan. Baka mga November pa ung result ko since 9 weeks ung processing time eh. Pray and pray lang tayo :)
Self-apply din ako., Pero 9 weeks ba talaga yan? What if completo lahat documents mo nung pag submit? Nagtataka nga ako kung bakit 9 weeks e sa Pilipinas lang naman pinaprocess lahat. I hope ma approve tayo.

Tomwelder

May 27, 2014
Mga kababayan nais kong mag aral sa canada.
naka tatlong semester ako sa college sa kursong comp sci.

nais kong kumuha ng 1 year diploma course na culinary.
ilang score ang dapat na makuha ko sa IELTS at
may alam ba kayo na mga colleges na nag ooffer ng pinakamurang tuition fee?
pag katapos mag graduate sa 1 year diploma course mabibigyan ba ako ng work permit after that?

pwede ba ma approved ang student visa application kahit hindi na gumamit ng agency gaya ng IDP?

salamat

Tomwelder

May 27, 2014
Tomwelder said:
Mga kababayan nais kong mag aral sa canada.
naka tatlong semester ako sa college sa kursong comp sci.

nais kong kumuha ng 1 year diploma course na culinary.
ilang score ang dapat na makuha ko sa IELTS at
may alam ba kayo na mga colleges na nag ooffer ng pinakamurang tuition fee?
pag katapos mag graduate sa 1 year diploma course mabibigyan ba ako ng work permit after that?

pwede ba ma approved ang student visa application kahit hindi na gumamit ng agency gaya ng IDP?

salamat
up ko lang po