+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

ianess

Apr 12, 2016
Hi,

Has anyone here tried to pay Langara College required deposit of CAD6,000 thru BPI wire transfer?? BPI will not process my wire transfer request until I can provide them a 9 digit bank transit number of Langara's bank : Royal Bank of Canada
1025 West Georgia St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V6E 3N9 .. I browsed thru Langara's website but only found a 5 digit bank transit number, BPI is insisting that it should be 9 digits.. I tried emailing Langara yesterday but walang reply.. :(

tinggoy85

Dec 5, 2015
hi! for those who are already in canada and for those who are going to apply for student permit, okay lang ba yung 1 year na pag aaral dun or dapat 2 years or more? thank you!

tinggoy85

Dec 5, 2015
ianess said:
Hi,

Has anyone here tried to pay Langara College required deposit of CAD6,000 thru BPI wire transfer?? BPI will not process my wire transfer request until I can provide them a 9 digit bank transit number of Langara's bank : Royal Bank of Canada
1025 West Georgia St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V6E 3N9 .. I browsed thru Langara's website but only found a 5 digit bank transit number, BPI is insisting that it should be 9 digits.. I tried emailing Langara yesterday but walang reply.. :(
hi! wala kang consultancy? solo mo lng nag apply? sino contact mo sa langara college? baka pwde mo silang kontakin tas sabihin mo ung problema mo.. sorry ha, dami kong tanong, nag apply palng din kasi ako :)baka sakaling me mapulot akong tips.. yung mga andito sobrang accomodating sila, sasagutin ka nila gat kaya nila, wait mo lang baka busy pa sila.. ano palang course mo dun sa langara college?

Rinkaku

Sep 7, 2016
Hello, need help po sana. My school is not anymore releasing Post Graduate Working Permit. Anyone here who has an idea po kung paano makakakuha ng post graduate working permit after schooling? Anu pong other means?
Thank you and GODBLESS

freeiann

Sep 7, 2016
Hello Guys,

New applicant here, I have been reading couple of pages sa thread na to, its overwhelming =).

Anyway, I have a bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering in UST however for the past 3 years, I have been working as a software engineer, kaya I plan to take computer science program in Canada. In addition, I plan to bring my fiancee with me to help me support my schooling.

1) Is it recommended to apply for undergraduate still? Or masters?
2) For both undergrad and masters, possible ba na may macredit sa pinag aralan dito sa PH?
3) Do you have a list affordable schools for undergraduate/graduate programs in Manitoba (heard that its easier to get work permit, could someone please shed some light =) )
4) Any tips para sure na kasama ko fiancee ko? Or ano mga kelangan para ma-prove na fiancee / common law ko sya.

Thanks in advance and god bless!
Please feel free to drop personal message for those willing to help hehe. Sana makapasa tayo lahat =)))))

Rinkaku

Sep 7, 2016
lourve said:
Sino dito Winter intake (January 2017)? Nag lodge na kayo ng application niyo or too early pa?
Hi! Im newbie here.. ask ko sana anung school mo? Yung sa akin kasi MTICC sa vancouver. But the problem is hindi na sila pala ngrerelease ng Post graduate working permit. Yung school mo ba meron?
Thanks

Imeandcarli

Sep 7, 2016
starlettedouze said:
Hi dbc, if your child is of school-age, yes you need to apply for a study permit for her.

As for proof of funds, requirement is 1 year tuition plus CAD 10K for the principal applicant, CAD 4K for spouse and CAD 3K for child. If someone will sponsor your studies (e.g. parents), then 10K+4K+3K = 17K would be sufficient. But of course more is better.

If you are able to secure a letter of acceptance without IELTS, as such in your case since you will be taking an assessment instead, that is fine. Your acceptance though would likely be conditional but if you are able to show that you will satisfy the condition upon arrival, you are good to go.

Just to share, I have applied for a study permit with OWP for my spouse and SP as well for my daughter. Our POF is CAD 18,100K (since my mother will be sponsoring my studies and will provide accommodation too) and I will be taking an english assessment upon arrival since I haven't taken the academic IELTS yet. Got our visa approval today for all 3 of us :)

Hope this helps :)

Imeandcarli

Sep 7, 2016
starlettedouze said:
Hi dbc, if your child is of school-age, yes you need to apply for a study permit for her.

As for proof of funds, requirement is 1 year tuition plus CAD 10K for the principal applicant, CAD 4K for spouse and CAD 3K for child. If someone will sponsor your studies (e.g. parents), then 10K+4K+3K = 17K would be sufficient. But of course more is better.

If you are able to secure a letter of acceptance without IELTS, as such in your case since you will be taking an assessment instead, that is fine. Your acceptance though would likely be conditional but if you are able to show that you will satisfy the condition upon arrival, you are good to go.

Just to share, I have applied for a study permit with OWP for my spouse and SP as well for my daughter. Our POF is CAD 18,100K (since my mother will be sponsoring my studies and will provide accommodation too) and I will be taking an english assessment upon arrival since I haven't taken the academic IELTS yet. Got our visa approval today for all 3 of us :)

Hope this helps :)
Hi po! I am a newbie here and I am glad to have found a similar case. Happy for you too! We are also a family of 3, my kid is 8 years old, and we plan to apply together. The one who will sponsor my studies is my father who is in the US. If i may ask po, how was it when you landed? Where you interviewed by the VO? What was the question? All my siblings and mother are already there in canada as citizens, Will it affect my SP grant?

And also mam, where you able to convert to PR after your graduation? If so, how long was it processed? Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Background : Communications grad 2002, i have had numerous work experiences, but currently, I am managing our Large Format printing and advertising company for 9 years. Do you have any suggestions po how to state your reasons for studying?

Imeandcarli

Sep 7, 2016
gattaca said:
Thanks for the succinct answer. Nagbasa-basa pa ako and it was a noob question on my part. So, risky pa rin pala na pagkatapos mong mag-aral after two years, ma turn down ka sa pgwpp. And after that you might turned down on your permanent residency, yikes!

Any personal anecdotes po from the people here? Success stories of students (that assimilated and worked hard) and became eventually canadians?

Start pa lang ako ng aking journey. gawa pa ako ng sop and kuha muna ako ng LOA...

Again, salamat narin sa inyong kasagutan. :)
Same here. Looking for success stories too regarding a PR grant after a 2-year Post grad course.

Imeandcarli

Sep 7, 2016
supermomonja said:
Hello,

How was your first day feeling? Ako first higa ko sa kama kanina, I was thinking na "Bakit ko ba pinasok to?" Yung feeling na parang susuko na ako. Pero inisip ko na lang ung future plans ko. I think normal naman na maging emotional sa first day at kung ano ano pa pumapasok sa isip ko. Hehe.
Kaya mo yan! Hope you can chronicle your experiences there.
All the best for your journey! God be with you all the time!

Imeandcarli

Sep 7, 2016
hannah17 said:
I just want to share with you guys. I just got an email from the embassy that I have been approved.
My timeline:(paper base app)
Application submitted to VFS: June 7
Application received by VFS: June 9
Medical notice:June 16
Medical done: June 28
Medical submitted: July 3-8.
Visa approved: july 26.

Ill be studying at Sheridan College for 2years..

May I ask what post-grad program are you applying at Sheridan? And how much? Thx. I am also eyeing for Sheridan since it is near my mama's house.

dindo

Aug 31, 2016
patulong po aq , qng ano p opinyon po ninyo

medical done- july 12,2016
application received by ircc-aug 16,2016

oct intake po english acad preparation

anu na po ang susunod na mangyayari?

missrome

Sep 8, 2016
Hello everyone.. Narefused po ako for the second time, last year. Twice refusal po for student visa. Now, medyo nalilito napo ako at hndi po ako sure if ano po ba talaga ang dapat kong gawin. Shall I apply again?

Nag apply napo ako ng CAIPS NOTES and yung reason po talaga y ako nadeny is:
travel history
employment
and personal funds and not daw relating sa work ko ang study plan ko sa canada

after a year, nag iisip po ako ngayon kung mag apply pa po ba ako ulit.
pwede ko po bang itanong sa mga NA-APPROVE po ang visa recently kung ano po yung sinubmit nyo na documents? xaka paano po yung Letter ng Summary of Financial Documents?

sobrang lito po ako ngayon whether to continue or not.. can you give me po advice or idea how to right the SOP again considering na DENY po ako TWICE in A ROW? THANK YOU SO MUCH

lourve

Star Member
May 11, 2016
dindo said:
patulong po aq , qng ano p opinyon po ninyo

medical done- july 12,2016
application received by ircc-aug 16,2016

oct intake po english acad preparation

anu na po ang susunod na mangyayari?

Hi. Wait mo kung ano ang result ng application mo and hopefully visa approved :)

missrome

Sep 8, 2016
Hi po. Pwede po ba akong ask if what po lahat ng documents na sinubmit ninyo? I was refused po kasi for twice in a row. After a year, nag iisip po ako ngayon kung mag aapply nanamn po ba ako ulit? Ikaw lang po ba ang nag-apply or nag agency po...? Thank you talaga in advance.

bryheartpizza said:
Not second. Sixth session na if ever humingi pa ang embassy. I'm hoping na ma-satisfy na sila sa limang x-ray na pinagawa ng physician ko. I applied on 6th of May. Sponsor ko is my aunt. Then my class starts on september