+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018
Hi! Finally got my passport request last March 28 but I'm currently out of the country on vacation till the April 12th.

Ok lang naman yun right? I read sa message ng CIC that I have 30 days to pass my passport to VFS naman eh.

I have questions though, hope someone can enlighten me:
1. Original intake ko was March 28th but since there were delays in the release of the results, the school moved me to the June intake since March 15 pa. Do I have to pass a letter with my passport re: change in start dates?
2. Also, sa mga approved na and June pa start ng classes, how long yung validity ng Study Permit nyo?
3. How early can I fly to Canada if my classes will start on June 27?

Thanks!

aldousclark

Mar 16, 2016
cnzap said:
Hi aldousclark -

You can check sinagtala's post. Complete list ung binigay nya na pinasa nya nung nagpaper-based application siya. Goodluck!
Yay! Thank you! Nakita ko nga ang mga requirements. Thank you so much!

aldousclark

Mar 16, 2016
Hello,

Sino po ang nakaencounter ng problem buksan ang pdf file na Application for study permit made outside of canada (imm 1294)? Hindi sya nagoopen sakin. Updated naman reader ko at ive tried halos lahat ng browser at ibang computer. Thank you

jelie

Mar 29, 2016
angel0214 said:
Hi! Finally got my passport request last March 28 but I'm currently out of the country on vacation till the April 12th.

Ok lang naman yun right? I read sa message ng CIC that I have 30 days to pass my passport to VFS naman eh.

1. Original intake ko was March 28th but since there were delays in the release of the results, the school moved me to the June intake since March 15 pa. Do I have to pass a letter with my passport re: change in start dates?
2. Also, sa mga approved na and June pa start ng classes, how long yung validity ng Study Permit nyo?

Thanks!
Congrats, Angel0214!!!
Did you seek assistance from an agency or you applied on your own?
I think you should inform them about the change in intake 'cause even a change in number or any info while the application is processing needs to be reported to them. Maybe give them a call to be sure :)

Can you share your timeline? I'm for Spring intake and a month away from start of classes and still no update on my application :(

Anyway, congrats again!!

cnzap

Apr 1, 2016
chechegb said:
Hello po. Grabe, med request pa lang hinihintay ko pero super kabado na. Haha. Nag apply po ako nung April 2 pero wala pa ring med request ngayon. May mga kaka apply rin po ba dito ngayong April?
Hi chechegb -

Sana dumating na medrequest mo. Nakikita ko sa mga timelines ng mga senior eh 3-4 days after they lodged their application eh may request na. Sana pala nag upfront medical ka before ka nag apply. Anyways, intay intay lang.

cnzap

Apr 1, 2016
angel0214 said:

Thanks!
Wow congrats angel0214!

Share your timeline please. Sana makasagot ung mga seniors sa mga queries mo. Medyo busy na ata sila with their studies. May nabasa ako from previous pages na a month before nagstart ung classes nya siya lumipad, nakapagwork pa siya. Lets hear it from the seniors.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
cnzap said:
Hi frustratedcanadian -

Wow 2mos to go! Mabilis na lang yan. Congrats! Just wanna ask kasi isama ko din sana si hubby, mabilis ba nakakuha ng work si hubby mo dyan? What kind of work did he do?
Yes mabilis like 3days after landing. Grab anything kahit hindi related sa dati mong work basta may pera okay. Haha! It wont be the same sa pinas na usually office work. He worked as Sales Associate, Shift Supervisor, now Restoration Supervisor.
All from different companies. Basta may opportunity go lang ng go :)

Del Mar

Apr 2, 2016
mic-mic said:
Congratulations po sa mga na-approve! Kindly PM me your email used in fb so I can ad you guys to the group. ;)

Malapit na ang finals week kaya wish us luck guys!

Balancing work and studies is a difficult task. I see my classmates work while studying and almost all of them are failing. The demand and workload of school related tasks here are almost (if not more than) doubled of what I experienced back home when I was studying but you really do get what you paid for when you study. I can say this in my case because I am learning software development and I came from a business and engineering background.

I guess it depends din on what's your background and what you are taking. Maybe if you're a nurse back home and taking practical nursing here, baka easier na :)

For example, in my program, we have quizzes every week, asked to review slides (approximately 70 ppt slides each time) before classes (otherwise kulelat ka sa lab tasks), mini-presentations, projects, and homework every weekend (make a web page or make a program or database, etc) so halos wala na time to even think of finding a part time job. But don't get me wrong, I also see students from other programs who are having a great time and still manage to work part time.

I guess what I'm trying to say is be financially prepared just incase you will not work while you're studying. I have a classmate who just had money to pay the first sem and is now working to have money for the second sem but is sacrificing her grades and now she's in danger of failing 1-3 courses which are pre-requisites for next semester. If you do fail, you might have to wait for a year to get those courses again. Kaya priority pa din po ang grades at pag-aaral. Maganda naman ang reward pagkatapos :D

Regarding jobs, madami naman po basta hindi kayo mapili. We were just lucky that my wife got employed while she was still in the Philippines and she gets to practice her profession. :)
Good day! Nagbabasa lang ako dito and plan to apply for SP. Ano ba course mo sa pinas and dyan sa Canada ano naman course mo? Okay pa kaya ako nasa 47 years old na ako? Saang province ka naman?

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
jelie said:
Hi FrustratedCanadian!
Wow, congrats lapit na! Thanks also for sharing. :D
Your family is so blessed to all have been granted visas. Which province are you in? Kamusta yung full time study + part time job balance? :)

Sorry sa admin if this is a bit off-topic. I will create a different thread for this if you guys wish ;D
We are in Vancouver :) I only worked during the summer break kasi it is impossible to work (for me) while being a full-time student/mom/wife haha!

jelie

Mar 29, 2016
Hi everyone!

May iba pa po bang na-approve since late March?
Can you share your timeline please?

Thanks! Praying for everyone's success ;)

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018
Thanks cnzap and jelie!

I didn't hire a consultant, just read back here and passed all the required docs

Here's my timeline:
Dec 16 application
Dec 22 medical request
Dec 23 medical done
Jan 8 medical passed
Glitch 3rd wk Jan
Mar 28 passport request

Haven't passed my passport yet to VFS since I'm on vacation.. But will do it as soon as i get back next week

Gon Freecs

Jan 19, 2015
Hello po sa mga kababayan ko ;D

Need advice po as per your experience. Gusto ko pong mag apply ng student permit to Alberta school stepping stone to get PR in the future as we all know.
nakapag try napo ako for FSW 2008 ( binalik po lahat ng application that time), nung 2015 FSW bumalik po application ko not satisfied daw sa work experience ko. Express entry points ko is below 400 points malabong mabunot. So this time balak kong mag student doon. My Parents and 2 sister are already in Alberta.
Right now I am in Dubai with my wife and 1 son.
working as IT Admin ( graduated in phils as ECE)

Thanks in advance.

aldousclark

Mar 16, 2016
Hello again,

Sino po sa inyo naka encounter ng problem kapag inoopen yung application for study permit made outside of canada form sinasabi lang na kelangan iupdate ang adobe? I've updated it multiple times pero ganun pa din. And pwede po bang makahingi ng tips sa paggawa ng SOP?

Thank you!