+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

NurseK12

Oct 23, 2014
aly911 said:
Basically you really have to check with the institution about their requirements and stuff, iba2 dn kc every school..pero usually pag RN ka na sa pinas, wala nang probs sa academic reqs for lpn here in canada. A word of advice tho, you have to make a really really good sop if you're going to take lpn from being an RN. You have to convince the vo that you will be a genuine student and no reason other than studying ang purpose mo sa Canada. Also, you have to prove na you can use it when you come back sa pinas (which I think is near to impossible kc wala nmng LPNs sa pinas dba?)Hindi lng ako sure pero I can't think of any reason for an RN to go study as LPN..anyway, if you can make a convincing sop, let us know :) or maybe my mga seniors tayo dto na mkakapaghelp..

Thanks aly911. I'll keep this in mind.. maybe i would rather take other courses such as occupational health and safety as my continuing eductation. Okay lang kaya?

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014/August 1, 2014
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
NurseK12 said:
Thanks aly911. I'll keep this in mind.. maybe i would rather take other courses such as occupational health and safety as my continuing eductation. Okay lang kaya?

As long as you can convince the vo that you will only 'upgrade' your skills in Canada and will go back sa pinas after your studies. Tho most of us want to settle here, still you have to prove na it's not what you really want.

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
khoykhoy said:
Hi guys! I have received my Caips notes 2 days ago. Yung reason tlga ng refusal ko is my immigration history kasi i have been a student in london before at di ko natapos. I'm not sure if i'll still pursue canada. I will try other country. Hope this will help. Thanks.
Hello Khoy. pa quote daw sa fb kung pwede sa full text..amo silingan sad na refuse siya, gikan sya student sa london..

micmic

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
Praying for it!
Hello friends and new members! :D I have good news and bad news regarding my IELTS...

First, the bad news... I only got 6.5 in the writing part. I personally attribute this to the fact that I have very very bad hand writing. I also mentioned before that it was my first time to write with pen and paper after a very long time (always have someone to write/fill up forms for me :D). So I guess it's a learning lesson experience for me. Maybe I should just enroll in a postgrad degree in "improving handwriting" as the only proof I need to show the VO is to show my penmanship 8)

The good news is I got an overall score of 8/9 so I guess it's not that bad ;D

What I do worry now is that my professors are still not replying to my emails ??? Also, I can't find in Ryerson University's website if there is a minimum score for each of the IELTS test or they will just look into the overall score...

Blessedmom

Oct 23, 2014
micmic said:
Hello friends and new members! :D I have good news and bad news regarding my IELTS...

First, the bad news... I only got 6.5 in the writing part. I personally attribute this to the fact that I have very very bad hand writing. I also mentioned before that it was my first time to write with pen and paper after a very long time (always have someone to write/fill up forms for me :D). So I guess it's a learning lesson experience for me. Maybe I should just enroll in a postgrad degree in "improving handwriting" as the only proof I need to show the VO is to show my penmanship 8)

The good news is I got an overall score of 8/9 so I guess it's not that bad ;D

What I do worry now is that my professors are still not replying to my emails ??? Also, I can't find in Ryerson University's website if there is a minimum score for each of the IELTS test or they will just look into the overall score...
Oh wow! Congrats micmic! Your overall score is impressive. If only I would get the same. :)

micmic

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
Praying for it!
Thanks blessed mom! What I did was just had a good night's sleep before the test. Never really had ample time to review since we juggle work, the baby and other stuffs on a daily basis. I think there is a mock exam if you'll be taking your IELTS under British Council - that part I only knew after I took the exam ;D

NurseK12

Oct 23, 2014
aly911 said:
As long as you can convince the vo that you will only 'upgrade' your skills in Canada and will go back sa pinas after your studies. Tho most of us want to settle here, still you have to prove na it's not what you really want.
Thanks aly911 :D have you ever heard about norquest college in edmonton? I heard kasi na they offer the cheapest programs available for students from overseas. Yet, i still dont know where to start first :-[ kailangan ko ba humanap ng agency to process my papers or i can do it by myself ? And what is the mode of payment for the registration and application then? Thanks :)

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
NurseK12 said:
Thanks aly911 :D have you ever heard about norquest college in edmonton? I heard kasi na they offer the cheapest programs available for students from overseas. Yet, i still dont know where to start first :-[ kailangan ko ba humanap ng agency to process my papers or i can do it by myself ? And what is the mode of payment for the registration and application then? Thanks :)
Hi nursek12! Uhm, mejo bago pa lng dn ako dto kya d ako masyado aware sa paligid. Hehehe! But tnry ko iGoogle and yep, norquest is also a dli. Start by searching available schools in Alberta dear, isa isahin mo and check how and and ano ang kelangan for admission including the tuition fee. Exhaust mo lng c google.

Many got their visas on their own lng (of course with the help of pareng google and the members of this forum) but if you think you need to get an agency, go lng.. Your choice :)

Usually you do the payments using credit card..

NurseK12

Oct 23, 2014
aly911 said:
Hi nursek12! Uhm, mejo bago pa lng dn ako dto kya d ako masyado aware sa paligid. Hehehe! But tnry ko iGoogle and yep, norquest is also a dli. Start by searching available schools in Alberta dear, isa isahin mo and check how and and ano ang kelangan for admission including the tuition fee. Exhaust mo lng c google.

Many got their visas on their own lng (of course with the help of pareng google and the members of this forum) but if you think you need to get an agency, go lng.. Your choice :)

Usually you do the payments using credit card..

Thanks alygi911. I inquired norquest already after 2 business days pa daw mababasa..atleast ive got ideas what to start first. So like, dapat makuha ko po muna yung LOA then get a study permit at canadian embassy tama po ba ? Thanks po.

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
NurseK12 said:
Thanks alygi911. I inquired norquest already after 2 business days pa daw mababasa..atleast ive got ideas what to start first. So like, dapat makuha ko po muna yung LOA then get a study permit at canadian embassy tama po ba ? Thanks po.
Tomoh :D you need your LOA to apply for a study permit. But you need to meet all the school reqs 1st in order to get your LOA (academic reqs, English proficiency, etc)

wondergirl1992

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-26-14
Med's Request
9-29-14
Med's Done....
10-1-14 transmitted 10-9-14
Passport Req..
10-15-14
VISA ISSUED...
10-23-25
LANDED..........
soon...
Hopefulgir08 said:
Wondergirl1992, how long ung duration ng study mo in Canada? Actually, mine is 1 year Graduate Certificate Program, so 2 semesters. I'm just worried coz when I received my LOA this week, I saw that my duration is only from January 2015-August 2015, 2 semesters na yun and 8 months lang. My concern is how long kaya my visa will be? 8 months? 12 months? Yung iba kasi they were issued daw for 15 month for a year program.

Thanks anyone who knows anything regarding this matter. Ty
Hi hopefulgir08!

My duration is for 6 months, but they gave me a visa that is good for 10 months :) in any case, you can always EXTEND your stay if you want to, in my case kasi i need to go back to the philippines asap.

:) i hope you guys get your visa soon! I just received my passport! And thank you po sa lahaat ng naggreet! Good luck wishes to all of you, sana masaya mga pasko natin :)

Hopefulgir08

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13, 2014 (July 1, 2014 refused due to foreign police clearance) October 29, 2014 (reapplied)
Med's Request
June 17, 2014
Med's Done....
June 19,2014
Passport Req..
Paper Application. November 4, 2014(approval email rceived)
VISA ISSUED...
November 6, 2014 Passport received
LANDED..........
November 2014
wondergirl1992 said:
Hi hopefulgir08!

My duration is for 6 months, but they gave me a visa that is good for 10 months :) in any case, you can always EXTEND your stay if you want to, in my case kasi i need to go back to the philippines asap.

:) i hope you guys get your visa soon! I just received my passport! And thank you po sa lahaat ng naggreet! Good luck wishes to all of you, sana masaya mga pasko natin :)

Thanks wondergirl1992! :)

Hello everyone. i have a question, i'm about to fill out my visa application form, and there's an information needed to complete the school name, school address, program and duration of expected study.... But on my LOA, the finish date isn't given, only the month and year. And i can't get thru. Anyone had the same thing on their LOA, dates which only have the month and year but no specific date? What should i do about this? Ty

wondergirl1992

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-26-14
Med's Request
9-29-14
Med's Done....
10-1-14 transmitted 10-9-14
Passport Req..
10-15-14
VISA ISSUED...
10-23-25
LANDED..........
soon...
Hopefulgir08 said:
Thanks wondergirl1992! :)

Hello everyone. i have a question, i'm about to fill out my visa application form, and there's an information needed to complete the school name, school address, program and duration of expected study.... But on my LOA, the finish date isn't given, only the month and year. And i can't get thru. Anyone had the same thing on their LOA, dates which only have the month and year but no specific date? What should i do about this? Ty
Have you tried checking the school website? Minsan kasi it is indicated there ung exact date, check mo na lang ung school calendar nila, or ung program mo? , if not, just email the school representstive who assisted you, :)

Blessedmom

Oct 23, 2014
micmic said:
Thanks blessed mom! What I did was just had a good night's sleep before the test. Never really had ample time to review since we juggle work, the baby and other stuffs on a daily basis. I think there is a mock exam if you'll be taking your IELTS under British Council - that part I only knew after I took the exam ;D
Will surely keep those in mind, especially the handwriting part. hehe.. Goodluck to us! :)

Hopefulgir08

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13, 2014 (July 1, 2014 refused due to foreign police clearance) October 29, 2014 (reapplied)
Med's Request
June 17, 2014
Med's Done....
June 19,2014
Passport Req..
Paper Application. November 4, 2014(approval email rceived)
VISA ISSUED...
November 6, 2014 Passport received
LANDED..........
November 2014
wondergirl1992 said:
Have you tried checking the school website? Minsan kasi it is indicated there ung exact date, check mo na lang ung school calendar nila, or ung program mo? , if not, just email the school representstive who assisted you, :)

Yes i found na online.the thing kasi weekend na kaya i have to wait till Monday night here in Pinas to call the school. Anyway, since I have na the end date. Should I request for a new LOA stating the end date with daate and not only Month or Year? Anybody who has tthe same issue pls help. Thanks