+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

wondergirl1992

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-26-14
Med's Request
9-29-14
Med's Done....
10-1-14 transmitted 10-9-14
Passport Req..
10-15-14
VISA ISSUED...
10-23-25
LANDED..........
soon...
businessgirl2014 said:
Hello everyone, I hope someone here can enlighten my situation.. I got an email today stating that my passport has been dispatched, what's bothering me though is that I haven't passed my medicals yet..my schedule is on October 8, I am really puzzled. :( Anyone here in the same situation as I am?
Maybe you should try contacting the visa office you applied to?
Ang weird nga naman... kailan pa ba meds request mo? Baka naman masyado natagalan?

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
wondergirl1992 said:
Maybe you should try contacting the visa office you applied to?
Ang weird nga naman... kailan pa ba meds request mo? Baka naman masyado natagalan?
my docs were forwarded to the embassy on sept 18, i got the medical request on sept 22, set an appointment with the CIC certified physician for my medical exam this october 8, i got the email that my passport was dispatched today, september 29.. argh.. i have no clue why.. i searched similar situations here, but so far none, those that have the same are exempt from medical exams so..yeah iba parin sila.. huhu.. :( i feel so stressed..

wondergirl1992

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-26-14
Med's Request
9-29-14
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-15-14
VISA ISSUED...
10-23-25
LANDED..........
soon...
businessgirl2014 said:
my docs were forwarded to the embassy on sept 18, i got the medical request on sept 22, set an appointment with the CIC certified physician for my medical exam this october 8, i got the email that my passport was dispatched today, september 29.. argh.. i have no clue why.. i searched similar situations here, but so far none, those that have the same are exempt from medical exams so..yeah iba parin sila.. huhu.. :( i feel so stressed..
The best way is to call them and ask about it, baka naman may problem lang sa system.

I feel sad tuloy... kasi ktatanggap ko lang din ng meds request today... >•<

Stay positive na lang tayo, and meron pa naman laging next time :)

wondergirl1992

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-26-14
Med's Request
9-29-14
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-15-14
VISA ISSUED...
10-23-25
LANDED..........
soon...
Hey guys, can anyone give me an oopinion about my case?

I applied for a study permit for a 6 months program kasi I tried researching about it and iba iba ung sagot so i applied, just to be sure.

Here is my profile:

-January intake (jan 5 to be exact) canadian college (international business certifictate)
-funds of 1.5m (these are only the joint accounts bet. Me and my mom, di sinama ung personal accounts nila ) with 5 land properties plus affidavit of support from parents
-graduating pa lang this october 2014 with a finance and management accounting course
-obviously no job experience kasi dependent pa ako sa parents ko, altho i help in the family business when i can, but its not a legit employment. I have no pay lol, coz i do it out of boredom lang.
-we have a very verry successful family business in the phil, and lately may nagoffer samin for expansion internationally and we have no clue how (my mom doesnt want to jump into something that we dont have much experience oor knowledge about- we are business women) , so they suggested that i acquire additional studies since ako naman ang futute heir pra makapagbusiness kami internationally and improve credibility na rin, and coz i wanna experience to study abroad lang :3
-I honestly have no plans to stay in canada or immigrate, coz i dunno anybody there and we have a business to take care of.

Thanks sa helppppp :3

Oh, i submitted an sop na rin and nbi just to be sure :3

scottdickson86

Dec 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VFS Makati; paper)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Jul-2014
Med's Done....
06-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2014
wondergirl1992 said:

I applied for a study permit for a 6 months program kasi I tried researching about it and iba iba ung sagot so i applied, just to be sure.

Here is my profile:

-January intake (jan 5 to be exact) canadian college (international business certifictate)
-funds of 1.5m (these are only the joint accounts bet. Me and my mom, di sinama ung personal accounts nila ) with 5 land properties plus affidavit of support from parents
-graduating pa lang this october 2014 with a finance and management accounting course
-obviously no job experience kasi dependent pa ako sa parents ko, altho i help in the family business when i can, but its not a legit employment. I have no pay lol, coz i do it out of boredom lang.
-we have a very verry successful family business in the phil, and lately may nagoffer samin for expansion internationally and we have no clue how (my mom doesnt want to jump into something that we dont have much experience oor knowledge about- we are business women) , so they suggested that i acquire additional studies since ako naman ang futute heir pra makapagbusiness kami internationally and improve credibility na rin, and coz i wanna experience to study abroad lang :3
-I honestly have no plans to stay in canada or immigrate, coz i dunno anybody there and we have a business to take care of.

Did you get another email at all? I remember getting my approval letter via email before getting the passport dispatched from VFS.

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014/August 1, 2014
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
wondergirl1992 said:

Here is my profile:

Strong profile indeed. Did you include this in your sop? :) Goodluck!

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
businessgirl2014 said:
Hello everyone, I hope someone here can enlighten my situation.. I got an email today stating that my passport has been dispatched, what's bothering me though is that I haven't passed my medicals yet..my schedule is on October 8, I am really puzzled. :( Anyone here in the same situation as I am?
I've read somewhere similar to this one, d ko lng sure kung saan. :( did you submit your application thru vac? Calling them won't help kc d rn nla alam ano nakasulat sa documents na bnibigay sa knla my embassy.

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wondergirl1992 said:

Here is my profile:

Hi wondergirl!

Is Canadian College located at vancouver, bc?

wondergirl1992

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-26-14
Med's Request
9-29-14
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-15-14
VISA ISSUED...
10-23-25
LANDED..........
soon...
@khoykhoy yes its in van. I didnt think much about where or what school, i just searched kung san may international business cert, and they were the first one to accomodate, so ayun XD

@aly911 yes i included it in my sop, but i forgot to include our business permit dun sa pof, :(

@scottdickson86 oh, i think you are referring to businessgirl, not me :) thnks for replying anyway :)

Another question. I received a med request yesterday, and im scheduled to mke a medical tomorrow. The thing is, i received an email today that my application is updated? How is it updated? E d p nmn ako ngsusubmitt ng medical koo :(

whakoko

Mar 21, 2014
Hello mga kababayans,

Sino sa inyo naka pag apply ng US visit visa on their 1st year 1st semester? Gusto ko sana makakuha ng feed backs regarding the success rate to get one.
I also want to know kung ano ano mga documents ang kelangan na ipresent?

thank you in advance

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
wondergirl1992 said:
@ khoykhoy yes its in van. I didnt think much about where or what school, i just searched kung san may international business cert, and they were the first one to accomodate, so ayun XD

@ aly911 yes i included it in my sop, but i forgot to include our business permit dun sa pof, :(

@ scottdickson86 oh, i think you are referring to businessgirl, not me :) thnks for replying anyway :)

Another question. I received a med request yesterday, and im scheduled to mke a medical tomorrow. The thing is, i received an email today that my application is updated? How is it updated? E d p nmn ako ngsusubmitt ng medical koo :(
They do that sometimes--sending an update :) you'll be fine. Hehe! Goodluck with your medical tom

wondergirl1992

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-26-14
Med's Request
9-29-14
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-15-14
VISA ISSUED...
10-23-25
LANDED..........
soon...
aly911 said:
They do that sometimes--sending an update :) you'll be fine. Hehe! Goodluck with your medical tom
Thnk you!! Im still hoping for the best :)

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
wondergirl1992 said:
@ khoykhoy yes its in van. I didnt think much about where or what school, i just searched kung san may international business cert, and they were the first one to accomodate, so ayun XD

@ aly911 yes i included it in my sop, but i forgot to include our business permit dun sa pof, :(

@ scottdickson86 oh, i think you are referring to businessgirl, not me :) thnks for replying anyway :)

hi what kind of update did u get? someone from a thread i started said that my situation has been happening lately and maybe there's some kind of glitch daw.. im hoping it's a glitch otherwise i am sure it's a refusal..

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
wondergirl1992 said:
Thnk you!! Im still hoping for the best :)
can u post here what was stated in your update? i think we may have the same situation..

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
sweetnovember14 said:
All the best micmic :) Also, please find the link below, this help me a lot sa preparation ng IELTS test. God bless to all of us.

http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/prepare-test/free-practice-tests

https://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information/test_sample.aspx
micmic said:
Thanks sweetnovember14! I did take the reading practice test. The good news: was able to finish it in 26 minutes. The bad: 9 mistakes! at least now I know I should not really rush it as much ;D

Humdrumdum! I did find other programs relative to my field: Graphics and Packaging designs. Unfortunately, it's only a diploma course so the Global Business Management (a post grad) is still my current best bet even if it seems to have a bad rep ;D I'll just maybe bank on the PGWP after finishing. It's just the job opportunities and current wages that I'm a bit skeptic about as most people and even strangers that I randomly talk to in my commutes/malls tend to advice against taking business and just get into a health related program. :) One long shot I'm thinking of is just getting another bachelor's degree with the hopes of my units being credited and would just end up taking the majors. ;D

Hey maxplank! What program are you interested in GB?
But then if you get your units credited.. you might not be considered as full time. I believe study permits are issued for full time studies only. This is also the reason why I just opted to take another diploma instead of getting my degree in the phils assessed by ICES.