+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

jaaaamm

Aug 14, 2014
dbc said:
Well, we're going there 2 months before classes starts, lol, no kidding... I don't find it risky, just make sure you have all the documents ready.:)
Hi dbc! Just a question about your entry. You mentioned kasi you went to Canada 2 months before start of classes. Ano ang nilagay nilang expiration ng SP mo? Were you still given 3 months after the end of classes na allowance? Or was the expiration exact to the end of your classes? Any instructions from the IO?

I was planning to go to Canada 2 months before as well kasi it wilk be my grandmother's death anniv. I wanna be there for that. But my agency told me kailangan daw 3 weeks before ako dumating or else baka pabalikin. :((

Thanks!!

jaycee1027

Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati (Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
10/20/2014
Med's Done....
11/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
11/17/2014
LANDED..........
Soon :)
Torque78 said:
Hello to everyone! After nerve-wrecking wait..God provided a smile on my SP app& my husband's WP application! We received our stamped passports with letter early this week! Thank you Lord talaga! & THANK YOU so much for all who contributed & continue to contribute to this very helpful forum! We learned a lot here and applied on our own online (since we are province-based & we are really keeping funds intact for this).
MARAMING SALAMAT!
Hope and prayers for our fellows here waiting for their results..Just keep the faith & never give up hoping for the best! Everything will be in God's perfect time ;)
Hi Torque! Congratulations on your application! you and your husband will be in Canada soon :) I am also a student visa applicant, can you share po how did you apply for the WP of your husband? under the services of agency ka din ba? under agency kasi ako and my documentation officer told me na sa canada na daw ako kukuha ng work permit ng husband ko, pero may nabasa ako dito na isang student din who happens to be in canada na with her hubby parang nahirapan cya doon na kumuha ng WP, gusto ko sana sabihin sa doc officer ko na dito nalang ako kukuha ng WP. May forms ka ba na ginamit to apply for his work permit? ano po yung process mam? thank you :)

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
ei congrats to all the successful applicants and for those who are still waiting for their results... be positive... all your visa will be coming soon... have faith... =)

by the way, question lang po.... and advise na rin... kc my visa has been approved last July pero for January intake pa po ako... is it still possible if I will apply for OWP for husband and for my 10month old baby? para if ever kasabay ko na rin po silang aalis on December?

then if possible po, saan ko po ba sila dapat iapply? here in the Philippines or in Vietnam?

My husband is a Vietnamese citizen and still working on board while my baby is a Filipino citizen...

I badly need your advises... Thanks a lot in advance... God bless us all... =)

Torque78

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
27-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-09-2014 In God's graces!
jaycee1027 said:
Hi Torque! Congratulations on your application! you and your husband will be in Canada soon :) I am also a student visa applicant, can you share po how did you apply for the WP of your husband? under the services of agency ka din ba? under agency kasi ako and my documentation officer told me na sa canada na daw ako kukuha ng work permit ng husband ko, pero may nabasa ako dito na isang student din who happens to be in canada na with her hubby parang nahirapan cya doon na kumuha ng WP, gusto ko sana sabihin sa doc officer ko na dito nalang ako kukuha ng WP. May forms ka ba na ginamit to apply for his work permit? ano po yung process mam? thank you :)
Hello @Jaycee1027, thanks!
We did research & sought help from this forum..I started reading this from the very first thread last February & became really inspired by all the success stories,though there are also down times by refusals(mas gusto ko nga magbasa ng mga threads dito instead of watching telenovelas,hehe). Pero my husband & I took the time to study the requirements & made a lot of double checks sa docus before submitting. So, with lots of prayers kay Lord, we submitted our online application(we didn't had enough funds kc to pay an agency to seek advice). I also learned here of others who didn't get an agency but got positive results. Focused lang talaga & serious sa documentation.
Here are the forms we included for my husband's WP application:
Application for TRV
Application for WP Made Outside of Canada;
-We did include a letter of explanation why he will come with me(make sure to viably state your reasons & also ur husband's home ties)
When we started our online application,we got a checklist of the required documents, but we added other documents which will help in the application(Marriage Cert., his bank cert.,etc.) Don't forget the updated NBI clearance though!

Good luck on your application! Keep the faith!

chakaz

Nov 19, 2013
jaaaamm said:
Hi dbc! Just a question about your entry. You mentioned kasi you went to Canada 2 months before start of classes. Ano ang nilagay nilang expiration ng SP mo? Were you still given 3 months after the end of classes na allowance? Or was the expiration exact to the end of your classes? Any instructions from the IO?

I was planning to go to Canada 2 months before as well kasi it wilk be my grandmother's death anniv. I wanna be there for that. But my agency told me kailangan daw 3 weeks before ako dumating or else baka pabalikin. :((

Thanks!!
just to share;
kmi 6 weeks early arrival,. di naman tinanong kng bakit maaga. d naman nagkaprob.

wandermom

Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!

Im looking for PGWP eligible schools in BC that offers health related courses. I've looked into VCC, Sprott Shaw, Omni, ULI, Langara. All of them replied that they are not PGWP eligible except Langara.

Anyone here familiar with Langara College?

Would appreciate your inputs. Thanks in advance.

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
@wandermom: Langara is a pretty well known college in the Greater Vancouver area. I have some friends who transferred from there to BCIT. From what I know, kilala siya as a bridging school to other schools :)) I am not sure how well they are in terms of health sciences, since they are more known for courses in liberal arts. But of the schools you've contacted, they are the one with the best reputation for me :)

I'm surprised though that Langara's the only one that's PGWP-eligible, di ko akalain kasi malalaking schools rin naman yung iba.

Btw, just arrived in Montreal yesterday! This city is gorgeous *____* Hope to see more of it in the next few days :)

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys tanong ko lang. Kelangan ba ng bank statement ang passbook savings acct, or photocopy ng passbook or just a bank cert?

mumay14

Aug 14, 2014
khoykhoy said:
Guys tanong ko lang. Kelangan ba ng bank statement ang passbook savings acct, or photocopy ng passbook or just a bank cert?
Sinubmit ko is bank cert, tapos i photocopied the passbook to show yung history ng account

jd82

Jul 4, 2014
Just a question lang po.. May babayaran po ba sa Canadian embassy pag isa-submit ung passport sa kanila? I applied online and received a passport request po saking cic account. Kung may babayaran po eh magkano po? Thanks much. :)

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
jd82 said:
Just a question lang po.. May babayaran po ba sa Canadian embassy pag isa-submit ung passport sa kanila? I applied online and received a passport request po saking cic account. Kung may babayaran po eh magkano po? Thanks much. :)
I don't think they'll charge you for stamping the visa on your passport. After all, you've already paid the fees for your application :)

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014/August 1, 2014
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
jd82 said:
Hello jd82, congrats :)
I dont think you can go directly sa embassy. Nasa letter nla ang mga places kung saan mo pwede isubmit ang passport. I submitted mine sa vfsglobal and they charged me P900+ for service fee and courier fee.

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014/August 1, 2014
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
khoykhoy said:
Hello khoykhoy, if in doubt, include everything para sure na sure. :D I submitted a copy of my passbook and also my parents' and the bank statement of my primary sponsor. goodluck with your application

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aly911 said:
Hello khoykhoy, if in doubt, include everything para sure na sure. :D I submitted a copy of my passbook and also my parents' and the bank statement of my primary sponsor. goodluck with your application
Thanks aly911. Nag additonal kasi ako ng 1m on top of my 1m na nasa bangko its just that baka magtaka sila kasi ipadepo ng parents ko yong additional 1m sa other bank acct ko na meron lng balance na 6k. Bali 2m mahigit na yong own funds ko. I guess ill just tell them na binigay ng parents ko yon.

enaj24

Aug 14, 2014
Hi there! Is there someone who applied last july (paper-based) na hanggang nganyon still waiting for the response? Thanks.