+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

zac989

Mar 20, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014 App. Received : 22-10-2014 CC Charged : 28-12-2014 PER Received: 22-01-2015
File Transfer...
21-01-2015
Med's Request
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015 VOH : 08-12-2015
LANDED..........
21-02-2016
iamvenus said:
I'm no expert on this but because I read so much here in the forum, I would advise you to get a program that is similar or in line with your educational and work background. You have a very good experience, actually, but if you can make a very strong study plan, it may help you. But then again, because of your previous and current work experience, it may also weaken your application.

I agree. I think you can discuss/back it up (why you're changing field) through your SOP to further explain it to the VO. Good luck and God bless!

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
iamvenus said:
Hi everyone! Update.. ;D I called SLEC Global this morning. All my test results are normal. They will be sending them, if not today, early next week. So, I'm hoping we all get our visas soon, especially my classes will start on May 22. Hahaha! :eek: I can finally go back to Cebu and start packing, just in case. ;D
Hi sis! Sorry tamad na magbackread, when did you get your medicals done pala?

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
dk101 said:
Hi everyone!

I am so glad I found this forum :)

I just got my LOA from GBC for H110 - Hospitality, Tourism, and Leisure (2-year Diploma Course) for the September 2014 intake. Praise God!

This is my concern:

I am a graduate of BS Accountancy, cum laude. Have worked for one year as auditor in SGV, one year as financial analyst in Citibank, and three years currently as analyst in Energy Development Corporation.

Would the VA find it weird that I am shifting to an entirely different profession/industry? Would this be a problem for visa approval?

I would highly appreciate your thoughts on this matter.. Thank you so much! God bless us all on our applications! :)
I'm no expert also but I think it's better if you choose a course connected to your degree and work experience. Otherwise you will find it a challenge to convince the VO that you intend to return to the Philippines after your studies (we all know we want to immigrate but ....) ... most of the denials I've seen on here are because of course mismatch. Of course it is still possible for you to get the visa with that course but you should have a very strong SOP for doing so. If that were me, I would really not risk it. Think about it carefully.

dk101

Jul 29, 2013
Thanks so much for the replies. Actually, yan din iniisip ko how to convince the VO that I really intend to change courses.. I can be admitted to a course that is related to my current field of study but sincerely, I do wish to changes careers, and I am very much, have always been interested in the hospitality and tourism industry.

I'm not very familiar din kasi sa terms, what is SOP? :)

I intend to explain to the VO, because it's my retired aunt who will be sponsoring me, that we would be opening up a business related to tourism and events coordination. Would this show that I would really need to come back to the Philippines after the course so I could keep the deal with my aunt?

Thanks again! :)

cruzmariacarla

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila , Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2013
Med's Request
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
Hi guys, just want to know if possible ako makapag work dito sa Canada while still in school. I go to Blanche Macdonald (private institution). Possible kaya na maconvert ko yun student visa status ko to work visa? although next year meron na ako intern visa. im not sure lang kng same un sa work visa? thank you.

zac989

Mar 20, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014 App. Received : 22-10-2014 CC Charged : 28-12-2014 PER Received: 22-01-2015
File Transfer...
21-01-2015
Med's Request
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015 VOH : 08-12-2015
LANDED..........
21-02-2016
cruzmariacarla said:
Hi guys, just want to know if possible ako makapag work dito sa Canada while still in school. I go to Blanche Macdonald (private institution). Possible kaya na maconvert ko yun student visa status ko to work visa? although next year meron na ako intern visa. im not sure lang kng same un sa work visa? thank you.

May changes sa SP rules by June 1. Pwede na magwork for 20hrs ang SP holders...

mangohorse320

May 4, 2014
Hi everyone. bago lang ako sa site na to and so glad na nakita ko ito. Congratulations sa mga nakakuha ng SP at keep praying sa mga hindi pa. Thank you sa mga tao na sumusuporta sa site na ito by giving information and sharing their experiences. malaking tulong ito sa mga taong nagwish mag apply for sp.

I got two questions, first, does anyone know a good agency who can help me sa SP? can someone recommend?

Second question is, does anyone here know a school that offers Post graduate degree or diploma in hospitality mgt?

thanks a lot

dbc

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/03/2016
AOR Received.
23-3-2016
Med's Done....
Feb. 2016
cruzmariacarla said:
Hi! I think you need to apply for PGWP to change your visa status(student to work permit), though you may be able to work while still in school which will take effect on June 1 pa.

dbc

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/03/2016
AOR Received.
23-3-2016
Med's Done....
Feb. 2016
frustratedcanadian said:
Maybe I should give them a call too. Hmmm mga next week na lang since iamvenus tatawag tomorrow hehe :)
Hi there!!! Any good news? Were you able to call SLEC?:)

dbc

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/03/2016
AOR Received.
23-3-2016
Med's Done....
Feb. 2016
mangohorse320 said:
Hi everyone. bago lang ako sa site na to and so glad na nakita ko ito. Congratulations sa mga nakakuha ng SP at keep praying sa mga hindi pa. Thank you sa mga tao na sumusuporta sa site na ito by giving information and sharing their experiences. malaking tulong ito sa mga taong nagwish mag apply for sp.

I got two questions, first, does anyone know a good agency who can help me sa SP? can someone recommend?

Second question is, does anyone here know a school that offers Post graduate degree or diploma in hospitality mgt?

thanks a lot
Hi! I suggest you read entirely the process in applying for SP before you decide to get a consultant,:) you can do it on your own.
Where do you plan to study? There are lots of school in canada kase:)

mangohorse320

May 4, 2014
hi dbc,

I plan to study kung saan mura ang tuition fee and i would be flexible kung saan place. nahihilo kasi ako sa dami ng information, kung may consultant magkakaroon ako ng guide. any recommendation?

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
mangohorse320 said:
hi dbc,

I plan to study kung saan mura ang tuition fee and i would be flexible kung saan place. nahihilo kasi ako sa dami ng information, kung may consultant magkakaroon ako ng guide. any recommendation?
Most of us here applied on our own, that's why it would be hard for us to suggest one. You have an idea that tuition for international students could go up to more than $15k per year, right? ;D

Anyway, do you have a preference where in Canada you'd like to study? Maybe you can start your search there.

mangohorse320

May 4, 2014
Thank you sa reply@iamvenus. I got some ideas on how to go about the application process thanks for this site. I think I am beginning to have clarity and some sort of direction. But there is one thing that holds me back from taking Post grad in hospitality mgt as I have already masters degree in business administration from the Philippines and in the UK and not sure if that would work for my own advantage. I am not sure if taking the post grad is appropriate for me or not. It may raised a red flag on my application of taking a lower course than my 2 masters. Does anyone have the same dilemma?

dk101

Jul 29, 2013
mangohorse320 said:
Thank you sa reply @ iamvenus. I got some ideas on how to go about the application process thanks for this site. I think I am beginning to have clarity and some sort of direction. But there is one thing that holds me back from taking Post grad in hospitality mgt as I have already masters degree in business administration from the Philippines and in the UK and not sure if that would work for my own advantage. I am not sure if taking the post grad is appropriate for me or not. It may raised a red flag on my application of taking a lower course than my 2 masters. Does anyone have the same dilemma?
My dilemma is that I will be taking a course completely different from what I graduated from. Accountancy to Hospitality, Tourism, and Leisure. You already have a Masters degree noh? But your undergrad is hospitality?