+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

MANILA_TURTLE

Oct 30, 2013
Ok, hi everyone, I will need help here. Applied on JUly 4th for a study permit via the online application (for a school in Quebec, already got Quebec's acceptance certificate and the school's acceptation letter), and I feel my file is pretty strong (all requirements were met) but until now no news, aside from the automated confirmation letter of initial submission.

I called CIC in CAnada, told me they can't help and I shall deal with the manila office only since it was submitted from outside Canada. Emailed them almost a month ago (oct 8) and until now no news. What s going on? There s a chance they might have the wrong phone number (I submitted 2, one is offline), but aside from that they have plenty of ways to contact me, email/address/other phone/CIC online platform.

Considering flying to Manila (I stay in Cebu) to shake them up since they can t transfer me to an human by phone. ANy advice?

Finally, didnt go for medical yet since they didnt request.

My class will start 1rst week of January. Thanks for the help!

Tisoy_13

Jul 19, 2013
Hello to all forum members need help po meron po bang forum sa mga nag aaply po ng permanent residence in canada kasi nag apply po parents ko e
Thank you in advance.

Aug 29, 2013
Today is the best day! I finally received an email from the canadiam embassy stating that my application has been approved! FINALLY! After months and months of trying and failing, Na-approve narin nila ako! Ask ko lang, gano katagal bago mo makuha yung documents mo? Please reply po :D ;D

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
itspatriciaaaaa said:
Today is the best day! I finally received an email from the canadiam embassy stating that my application has been approved! FINALLY! After months and months of trying and failing, Na-approve narin nila ako! Ask ko lang, gano katagal bago mo makuha yung documents mo? Please reply po :D ;D
Congratulations! You should be receiving it in a few days Ü Enjoy Canada!

Aug 29, 2013
MANILA_TURTLE said:
Ok, hi everyone, I will need help here. Applied on JUly 4th for a study permit via the online application (for a school in Quebec, already got Quebec's acceptance certificate and the school's acceptation letter), and I feel my file is pretty strong (all requirements were met) but until now no news, aside from the automated confirmation letter of initial submission.

I called CIC in CAnada, told me they can't help and I shall deal with the manila office only since it was submitted from outside Canada. Emailed them almost a month ago (oct 8) and until now no news. What s going on? There s a chance they might have the wrong phone number (I submitted 2, one is offline), but aside from that they have plenty of ways to contact me, email/address/other phone/CIC online platform.

Considering flying to Manila (I stay in Cebu) to shake them up since they can t transfer me to an human by phone. ANy advice?

Finally, didnt go for medical yet since they didnt request.

My class will start 1rst week of January. Thanks for the help!
Hello! I dont suggest coming to manila just for an update. The Embassy can be slow, but even though you go to their main office, they will not entertain you. They only accept by interview appointments, so I think you should just wait a few more days. sayang lang pamasahe mo tapos wala ka naman makukuha sakanila. I tried that before, binigyan lang nila ako ng email address nila. yun lang.

Tisoy_13

Jul 19, 2013
itspatriciaaaaa said:

Congrats to you! Maybe tomorrow abangan mo lang ung courier nyan.:)

Aug 29, 2013
Tisoy_13 said:
Congrats to you! Maybe tomorrow abangan mo lang ung courier nyan.:)
really? uwa im excited. as soon as i get my passport, ill be booking a ticket kaagad. thats why i want to know how many days after the approval dadating. i saw ur recent posts, recently mo lang din nakuha yung visa mo. same as me! im studying highschool too in quebec. have you gotten ur passport already?

Tisoy_13

Jul 19, 2013
itspatriciaaaaa said:
really? uwa im excited. as soon as i get my passport, ill be booking a ticket kaagad. thats why i want to know how many days after the approval dadating. i saw ur recent posts, recently mo lang din nakuha yung visa mo. same as me! im studying highschool too in quebec. have you gotten ur passport already?
Im here already im gonna studyng highschool too in regina. Goodluck and have a safe trip!

cruzmariacarla

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila , Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2013
Med's Request
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
After 15 weeks, finally received MY MEDICAL REQUEST TODAY!!!! :) :) :)

they're asking for LOA , probably the one with revised start date.

canadamalaysia

Oct 15, 2013
Malaysia
Visa Office......
singapoor
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
05/09/2013
Med's Request
18/10/2013
Med's Done....
19/10/2013
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Not Applicable
cruzmariacarla said:
After 15 weeks, finally received MY MEDICAL REQUEST TODAY!!!! :) :) :)

they're asking for LOA , probably the one with revised start date.
shiitt mate for your country it says 11 weeks!!!but they fucking took 1 month more than that!!thats just frustrating

cruzmariacarla

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila , Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2013
Med's Request
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
canadamalaysia said:
shiitt mate for your country it says 11 weeks!!!but they *censored word*ing took 1 month more than that!!thats just frustrating
Hi, yes it was really frustrating waiting for 105 days but I'm just glad that the request came in today. It's case to case basis. Not all exeperienced what I went through, some were able to get their visas in less than a month. :)

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
cruzmariacarla said:
Hi, yes it was really frustrating waiting for 105 days but I'm just glad that the request came in today. It's case to case basis. Not all exeperienced what I went through, some were able to get their visas in less than a month. :)
Yey! Congrats sis! Im so happy for you Ü

cruzmariacarla

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila , Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2013
Med's Request
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
starlettedouze said:
Yey! Congrats sis! Im so happy for you Ü
Hi sis, thank you! :D

Aug 29, 2013
hello po! ask ko lang po, ano pong courier ng embassy ngayon? i read sa isang recent article na DHL na daw ang courier? that tinatawagan sila para ipick up yung documents instead of delivering it straight sa house? any clarifications on that? akala ko kasi air21 ang courier ng canadian embassy, sila kasi nagpick up ng documents ko before.