+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

zyzy

Jun 29, 2012
hello po sa lahat,

sino po dito may kakilala sa toronto canada na nagpaparent ng room?thank you

zyzy

Tisoy_13

Jul 19, 2013
Royangel14 said:
Tisoy13... Parehong pareho nga tau may29 din nareceive ng embassy result ng medical ko... Update update nlang ha kung meron kc ibig sabhin dpat sabay lalabas ung result natin... :)
Updated wala pa po still waiting po ako. Kayo po?

amiel.santiago

Feb 4, 2013
Quezon City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2013
Med's Request
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
16-10-2013
Gelatine said:
Conngrats DocRZ and msladybug for your visa approval
congrats DocRZ and msladybug

dreamer20

Sep 6, 2012
Congrats DocRZ and msladybug...hope u will remain reading this forum and continue to answer our ques to the best u can.. Both of you gave us helpful answers/tips everytime we need it. GOODLUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU BOTH!!!!

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Thanks Gelatine, amiel.santiago, carolhynes19 and dreamer20. I'm will surely pay forward what this forum gave me.

cocoagirl

Star Member
Aug 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2013 (SP/SOWP/TRV)
Med's Request
06-12-2013 (SP)
Med's Done....
10-12-2013 (SP)
Hi guys. Quick question. Again, this has to do with proof of funds. Based on the list from the CIC:

Proof of financial support

You must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who accompany you while you are in Canada. You can prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada by showing some of the following:

proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada;
proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution;
your bank statements for the past four months;
a bank draft in convertible currency;
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees;
a letter from the person or institution providing you with money; and
proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.
Since we will be sponsored by my father in law, is he still required to submit his bank statements aside from the notarized letter of support/sponsorship? It is not indicated here that it is required but was wondering if someone went through a similar situation.

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Cocoagirl, you definitely have to include the bank statements of your father-in-law. Let's just say, how can the visa officer know if your father-in-law has enough money to support your husband's education. It will also be better to put properties named under your father-in-law, his income tax return and businesses so the visa officer will know the financial status of your in-laws.

cocoagirl

Star Member
Aug 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2013 (SP/SOWP/TRV)
Med's Request
06-12-2013 (SP)
Med's Done....
10-12-2013 (SP)
DocRZ said:
Cocoagirl, you definitely have to include the bank statements of your father-in-law. Let's just say, how can the visa officer know if your father-in-law has enough money to support your husband's education. It will also be better to put properties named under your father-in-law, his income tax return and businesses so the visa officer will know the financial status of your in-laws.
Thank you so much DocRZ! :) That makes sense. I guess we will just have to include his contract and bank statements. No properties or businesses, unfortunately. I hope they find his income and savings sufficient. We have a bit of money as well, which was provided for by my in laws.

Best of luck when you get to Canada, Doc! I hope you will still find the time to check back here once in awhile..

msladybug

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013 (Online)
Med's Request
31-07-013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
07-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
DocRZ said:
Thanks Gelatine, amiel.santiago, carolhynes19 and dreamer20. I'm will surely pay forward what this forum gave me.
AAAAWWWW. THANK YOU GUYS! GOD HAS BLESSED ME AND DOCRZ. HOPE THE PROCESS OF OUR APPLICATIONS WHICH WE FILED ONLINE WOULD GUIDE THOSE WHO APPLIED ONLINE TOO. WISH YOU ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD :D
POWERHUG PAG KITA2 SA CANADA. HEHE

cocoagirl

Star Member
Aug 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2013 (SP/SOWP/TRV)
Med's Request
06-12-2013 (SP)
Med's Done....
10-12-2013 (SP)
msladybug said:
AAAAWWWW. THANK YOU GUYS! GOD HAS BLESSED ME AND DOCRZ. HOPE THE PROCESS OF OUR APPLICATIONS WHICH WE FILED ONLINE WOULD GUIDE THOSE WHO APPLIED ONLINE TOO. WISH YOU ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD :D
POWERHUG PAG KITA2 SA CANADA. HEHE
blessed indeed. sana kami din mabless like you and docRZ sis! :) good luck at sana magkita kita tayo dun!

para bacha22

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI (UAE)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys ,

Could you please tell me in Study permit application Tuition Box i should write whole program tuition fee or 1 year?
And in food and Transport same for whole program or just i year?

Please reply

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Hi there, I wrote the amount for my entire stay for tuition, lodging, and living expenses :) It says at the CIC. website the minimum amount of money you should have per year should be around $10,000, so that can probably help you gauge things :D

silent_heart

Jul 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cocoagirl said:
you can resolve this i think by declaring your family members still living here. lahat po ba ng relatives ninyo nasa Canada/abroad na? are you married? have kids? siblings?
lahat ng family members ko andito sa Philippines, wala kaming relatives sa Canada. Single and no kids. :)

msladybug said:
True! Show to the visa officer that your main priority is to go back to the Philippines after your studies. Maging makabayan ka sa personal study plan mo ;)
Thanks! Will do that. I hope maniwala yung consul :)

DocRZ said:
Aside from your family serving as country ties, pwede din ang business, properties, a job/position waiting for your after graduation. Personally, I lack this in my Statement of purpose. Sabi ko lang, after graduation, I plan to either stay in Canada to work and continue my research or go back to the Philippines to be a university professor. Although factor na din siguro na I have no immediate family sa Canada kaya they granted my visa.
Wow! You're lucky, kahit ang sinabi mo eh plan mo to work in Canada after. I dont have any properties here, yung parents ko lang yung meron. May impact ba yun sa application? or dapat under sa name ko yung properties?