+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DocRZ said:
Hey Doda. My medical results hasn't been forwarded yet to the embassy. I will call the clinic tomorrow to request if they can prioritize my file. Hopefully they'll agree to my request and understand my situation.
Good luck mate.... :)

renievick09

Apr 12, 2013
@msladybug, i already tried it earlier, hopefully i can get response from them. BTW, all my papers and documents are already at the CEM, i just dont know if they already recieved my medical report, its been a month already.

My class will start on Sept 3, and the school already emailed me thrice to ask me about the status of my application, hopefully i can receive a good news one of this days :)

zyzy

Jun 29, 2012
@renievick

Hi,from what school ka in canada?My hubby will be leaving on august 25th,and he is looking for any filipino na naka enrol din sa centennial college..Thanks

Zyzy

silent_heart

Jul 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ask ko lang if you guys know any good consultant.. Visa was rejected last may and planning to reapply with the help of consultant. thanks!

msladybug

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013 (Online)
Med's Request
31-07-013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
07-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
silent_heart said:
Ask ko lang if you guys know any good consultant.. Visa was rejected last may and planning to reapply with the help of consultant. thanks!
Not to belittle consultancies but they don't really help that much, except saving your time & effort. I relied on consultancies for more than a year. My advice is to read threads found here or ask help from the expert forum members. But if you have the money to shoulder the professional fees for consultants, I guess you can ask for their help.

I heard E-square Consultancy was able to send Filipinos to Canada through FSW. But surely, you can do this on your own, save money & find tips by just reading.

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
I agree with msladybug, I think agencies can help find placements for those wishing to work in Canada or meron ring specialized for those who really want to study in commonwealth countries (i.e., Study International, Study Connect, etc.) so I think depende po talaga sa specific need niyo. I think that as far as the question of "visa chances" is concerned, it wholly depends on your credentials, ties, and financials and the agency can only guide you through the process.

msladybug said:
Not to belittle consultancies but they don't really help that much, except saving your time & effort. I relied on consultancies for more than a year. My advice is to read threads found here or ask help from the expert forum members. But if you have the money to shoulder the professional fees for consultants, I guess you can ask for their help.

I heard E-square Consultancy was able to send Filipinos to Canada through FSW. But surely, you can do this on your own, save money & find tips by just reading.

renievick09

Apr 12, 2013
Just got an email today that my visa has been approved! Question is, what's next? Hehe!

@zyzy Bow Valley College po, sa Alberta,Canada :)

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
So meaning paperbased ka, right? Kasi your emails says APPROVED. Pag mga online kasi PASSPORT REQUEST. Anyway, congratulations!!! I guess wait for your stamped passport, book flights, prepare your things...

Reactions: dyannebansal

msladybug

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013 (Online)
Med's Request
31-07-013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
07-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
Naisip ko din nga kung online sya or paper-based.

@renie: Yes, wait for your passport but at the same time book for a flight, know about port of entry policies which can be found on cic.gc.ca Congrats dude! :)

DocRZ said:
So meaning paperbased ka, right? Kasi your emails says APPROVED. Pag mga online kasi PASSPORT REQUEST. Anyway, congratulations!!! I guess wait for your stamped passport, book flights, prepare your things...

silent_heart

Jul 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
humdrumdum said:
I agree with msladybug, I think agencies can help find placements for those wishing to work in Canada or meron ring specialized for those who really want to study in commonwealth countries (i.e., Study International, Study Connect, etc.) so I think depende po talaga sa specific need niyo. I think that as far as the question of "visa chances" is concerned, it wholly depends on your credentials, ties, and financials and the agency can only guide you through the process.
msladybug said:

humdrumdum and msladybug, I first filed my application without the help of consultants but since my visa was rejected and I don't know how to answer the rejection reason, Im looking for a good consultant here in the Philippines. I'm not sure how to answer/solve the issue of the consul with regards to my home ties.. :(

renievick09

Apr 12, 2013
msladybug said:
Naisip ko din nga kung online sya or paper-based.

@ renie: Yes, wait for your passport but at the same time book for a flight, know about port of entry policies which can be found on cic.gc.ca Congrats dude! :)

Super thanks talaga sa forum na toh! laking tulong! YES RIGHT! paper based po ako. Akala ko di ako aabot for Sept Classes, kasi nung Thursday (Aug8) lang daw na submit ng St.Lukes med report ko, then now nakatanggap ako email na approved na :) hehe!

Thanks sa mga member ng FORUM NA TOH! super thanks :)

cocoagirl

Star Member
Aug 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2013 (SP/SOWP/TRV)
Med's Request
06-12-2013 (SP)
Med's Done....
10-12-2013 (SP)
silent_heart said:
humdrumdum and msladybug, I first filed my application without the help of consultants but since my visa was rejected and I don't know how to answer the rejection reason, Im looking for a good consultant here in the Philippines. I'm not sure how to answer/solve the issue of the consul with regards to my home ties.. :(
you can resolve this i think by declaring your family members still living here. lahat po ba ng relatives ninyo nasa Canada/abroad na? are you married? have kids? siblings?

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Aside from your family serving as country ties, pwede din ang business, properties, a job/position waiting for your after graduation. Personally, I lack this in my Statement of purpose. Sabi ko lang, after graduation, I plan to either stay in Canada to work and continue my research or go back to the Philippines to be a university professor. Although factor na din siguro na I have no immediate family sa Canada kaya they granted my visa.

msladybug

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013 (Online)
Med's Request
31-07-013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
07-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
True! Show to the visa officer that your main priority is to go back to the Philippines after your studies. Maging makabayan ka sa personal study plan mo ;)

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Haha I agree! I showed proof that I have a job waiting for me when I get back even if I showed that my sister is already in Canada.