+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Ails

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
DocRZ said:
Ails baka pwede naman though an authorized representative. Issue a special power of attorney para may makapagtransact sa BDO on your behalf.
Thanks Docrz@ ang gagawin ko na lang po, hingi ako ng statement of account pero through our remittance center dito meaning, ung ibibigay sa amin hindy sya nakasulate sa letter ng bdo pero i will just put ung contact details ng bank ko pra maverify nila.

mabusisi sila at mahabang transaction pa kapag magassign pa kami ng representative nmin.

thanks po

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Try mo din online banking. I think sa BPI pwede mo iprint ang mga transactions within the last 60 days. Pwede na siguro yun as bank statement. Iba kasi ang bank certificate at bank statement e.. You're welcome!

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Tisoy_13 said:
Hi im jonathan kaka 18 ko palng po nung july 13 nag apply po kami ng student permit para sakin po
April 4 application sent to the canadian manila embassy
April 17 Medical request
April 24 nag pa medical na po ako
Til now wala pa po balita sa application ko po or kaya po matagal reply ng embassy sa visa processing dahil po ba sa strike na on going?
Thanks you po pls reply asap.
this is the latest news about the strike : http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/07/30/no_end_in_sight_to_strike_by_canadas_foreign_service_officers.html

amiel.santiago

Feb 4, 2013
Quezon City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2013
Med's Request
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
16-10-2013
hi guys,

good and bad news for my family.

we submitted our application last June 25, 2013 in a two separate envelope. one envelope is the application of my wife for her student visa while me and my daughter in a separate envelope for our TRV application. A week after, a request for medical exam from the embassy was sent to my wife only. I thought that the whole family would take the medical examination but we were told that only my wife should be the one to take the medical examination. She took the med exam in SLMC Global last July 12. Additional affidavit was required by SLMC to be submitted. She completed the requirement only last July 22. And at the same day, we received a denied letter from the embassy for me and my daughter. Yesterday, July 31, my wife received an email approval of her visa. We are just waiting for the physical letter. But my wife is very hesitant to go since we would not be able to join her if she decides to pursue her study visa. Based from my backreading here in the forum, it seems that my wife has the faster approval and processing time. She is planning to take the January 2014 semester but it seems that she can take the September 2012 semester instead.

timeline:

June 25 - Submitted our Application
July 4 - Request for Medical Exam
July 12 - Med Exam done (SLMC Global)
July 22 - Submitted additional requirement in (SLMC Global)
July 31 - Approval received (by email)

msladybug

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013 (Online)
Med's Request
31-07-013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
07-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
Hi amiel. I'm sorry to hear about the news. It really is unfortunate to go through with her studies knowing that her husband and daugter couldn't be with her. :(

Why did SLMC require her an Affidavit? And exactly what kind of affidavit? Didn't know SLMC Global was also an approved medical result provider.

amiel.santiago

Feb 4, 2013
Quezon City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2013
Med's Request
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
16-10-2013
msladybug said:
Hi amiel. I'm sorry to hear about the news. It really is unfortunate to go through with her studies knowing that her husband and daugter couldn't be with her. :(

Why did SLMC require her an Affidavit? And exactly what kind of affidavit? Didn't know SLMC Global was also an approved medical result provider.

Hi msladybug,

The affidavit regarding her maiden name and her married name pertaining that she is the same person. one of her previous lungs xray, she used her maiden name. SLMC global is very new. It was just setup a month ago. Very few still knows this, but since it is entirely new, I think they can forward application faster than in manila extension clinic. I work in SLMC thats why I know of their service.

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
amiel.santiago said:
hi guys,

we submitted our application last June 25, 2013 in a two separate envelope. one envelope is the application of my wife for her student visa while me and my daughter in a separate envelope for our TRV application. A week after, a request for medical exam from the embassy was sent to my wife only. I thought that the whole family would take the medical examination but we were told that only my wife should be the one to take the medical examination. She took the med exam in SLMC Global last July 12. Additional affidavit was required by SLMC to be submitted. She completed the requirement only last July 22. And at the same day, we received a denied letter from the embassy for me and my daughter. Yesterday, July 31, my wife received an email approval of her visa. We are just waiting for the physical letter. But my wife is very hesitant to go since we would not be able to join her if she decides to pursue her study visa. Based from my backreading here in the forum, it seems that my wife has the faster approval and processing time. She is planning to take the January 2014 semester but it seems that she can take the September 2012 semester instead.

timeline:

Hi amiel, sorry to know that you and your kid wont be able to join your wife :(

I am about to submit our application and hopefully my family will be given a chance. Did the embassy provide you with the reason for refusal? And do you plan to reapply?

Hope you can share best practices like what ties and funds you included in your app.

All the best!

peggiechua

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amiel.santiago said:
hi guys,

timeline:

Hi Amiel! Sorry to hear about the refusal of your application with your daughter. You mentioned that your envelope was separated with your wife. As what I know, correct me if I'm wrong, all applications must be in one envelope. Different folders but in one envelope. Para makita ng visa officer na you are going with your wife. And I think dapat Hindi TRV ang inapply but open work permit. Most kasi ng mega spouses ng students OWP ang inaaply and student naman sa anak. Di na kailangan ng LMO or job offer para sa nga mag apply ng OWP na may spouse na mag aaral sa Canada. Once kasi mag apply ka ng OWP, automatic na ibibigay na din ung TRV. Nasa list yung TRV application pag mag apply ka for OWP. Kailangan din fill up. Hindi kaya I ang VO ang nag handle ng papers joy ng anak no and ng wife mo since separate envelope sya? Ang lam ko kasi talga and nabasa ko dito different folders but same envelope para daw makita ng VO na magkakasama kayo. Maybe you can try applying again, and apply ka for OWP. You can write a letter na student wife mo. Or you can ask an advise sa mag agency or maybe someone can help you here Kung ano mas maganda gawin.

msladybug

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013 (Online)
Med's Request
31-07-013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
07-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
amiel.santiago said:
Hi msladybug,

The affidavit regarding her maiden name and her married name pertaining that she is the same person. one of her previous lungs xray, she used her maiden name. SLMC global is very new. It was just setup a month ago. Very few still knows this, but since it is entirely new, I think they can forward application faster than in manila extension clinic. I work in SLMC thats why I know of their service.
I see. Thank you for that information. I feel bad that you and your daughter couldn't be with her. What is your wife's plan, if I may ask?

amiel.santiago

Feb 4, 2013
Quezon City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2013
Med's Request
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
16-10-2013
msladybug said:
I see. Thank you for that information. I feel bad that you and your daughter couldn't be with her. What is your wife's plan, if I may ask?
Hi msladybug,

sa ngayon talaga wala pang definite plan. i am thinking of appealing or reapplying trv kahit sa baby lang namin since she is still breastfeeding sa wife ko. nakakapanghinayang talaga na palagpasin ung opportunity na ito since talagang blessed ang pagkaka approved sa kanya. 1 month processing lang visa nya, then when I was backreading too, medyo hesitant ako kasi ung kinuha ng wife ko is another undergrad degree. my wife's profile is that she is a biology and nursing graduate. she worked in the hospital only for a year then started working in the IT industry designing hospital systems. she applied for a business management major in computer science sa university of lethbridge. medyo malayo sa course nya.

mukhang nakuha namin sa strong SOP nya.

amiel.santiago

Feb 4, 2013
Quezon City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2013
Med's Request
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
16-10-2013
starlettedouze said:
Hi amiel, sorry to know that you and your kid wont be able to join your wife :(

I am about to submit our application and hopefully my family will be given a chance. Did the embassy provide you with the reason for refusal? And do you plan to reapply?

Hope you can share best practices like what ties and funds you included in your app.

All the best!
hi star,

yung reason sa amin is strong family ties dito sa pinas. good luck sa inyo. review your SOP, kailangan mong ilabas ung desire mong mag-aral at ma-add ung skills mo.

cocoagirl

Star Member
Aug 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2013 (SP/SOWP/TRV)
Med's Request
06-12-2013 (SP)
Med's Done....
10-12-2013 (SP)
Congrats to the people who already got their visas. For those of us trying, or still in the process of submitting an application, may God be with us.

We are hoping to lodge our application this year, medyo konting push pa sa proof of funds as we don't have that big savings pa. My husband/common law partner will be applying for a student permit, we are thinking much better if kasama ako and our kids para hindi doble doble ang gastos. My in laws will be the one supporting his studies and expenses, and I will help din kasi I'm the sole breadwinner of the family for the past 4 years. We have signed on with a local consultancy firm, in hope they can point us in the right direction na din. Proof of funds/savings nalang talaga ang kulang sa amin since mostly in and out lang ang pera ko. I work from home online so I guess that shouldn't be an issue since kahit nasa CA eh makakapagprovide naman ako for the family..

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Cocoagirl, hope you would not mind me asking? Which city and what school is your husband trying to get in? When do you intend to be in Canada? Try to apply without a consultant first. They say some charge as much as P75,000. If you're the sole breadwinner, this is a big amount of money, unless you earn six-figures in a month.

cocoagirl

Star Member
Aug 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2013 (SP/SOWP/TRV)
Med's Request
06-12-2013 (SP)
Med's Done....
10-12-2013 (SP)
DocRZ said:
Cocoagirl, hope you would not mind me asking? Which city and what school is your husband trying to get in? When do you intend to be in Canada? Try to apply without a consultant first. They say some charge as much as P75,000. If you're the sole breadwinner, this is a big amount of money, unless you earn six-figures in a month.
Vancouver po sana. We are looking at a few schools but no definite option pa. Feb 2014 intake sana.. Yes, still thinking twice about using an agency's services but was thinking it will help as we plan to all go instead of just my husband.. Is that a wise choice or should he go alone as he might get denied SP if we all go with him?

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Just my opinion; I might be wrong. Plan nyo ba magsettle na sa Canada and your just. Using the student visa as the stepping stone? Actually, pwede isang application lang ang buong family. Si husband student visa, ikaw open work permit. Advice ko lang ireview mo mabuti ang requirements, especially ang finances kasi a family of 4 should have at least $35-40k/year. Kung doubtful ka na maaapprove kayong lahat, pwede si husband muna tapos sunod na lang kayo.

By the way, ang start ng Winter Term is January 2014. Tapos, you might have to apply na kasi usually 4-6 months before ng term and deadline for international students.