+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

sweet jelly

Dec 17, 2010
@potpot

May idea ka ba kung bakit matagal ngayon ang mga visa? Very stressful din talaga mag antay kasi di mo alam kung anong result.

May 7, 2013
from cic.gc.ca OP11 temporary residents p.6, 14-15

Dual intent
An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay [A22(2), R183]. The person's desire to work, study or visit in Canada before or during the processing of an application for permanent residence may be legitimate. An officer should distinguish between such a person and an applicant who has no intention of leaving Canada if the application is refused.
An officer should also keep in mind:
• the time required to process an application for permanent residence, because the length of time will affect the applicant's means of support;
• obligations at home; and
• the applicant’s likelihood of leaving Canada if the application is refused.

In cases where there is dual intent, refusals do not stem from having two intents but rather from having a single bona fide intent (i.e., to become a permanent resident) and misrepresenting the second intent (i.e., to become a temporary resident) in order to achieve the first intent. For example: an applicant for a work or study permit who indicates that they have no intention of leaving Canada has demonstrated only a single intent—permanent residence. Such an application would be refused, even if the applicant might qualify for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) or the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). This is because the applicant has shown that they do not respect the terms and conditions of temporary residence, should they not qualify for a Permanent Resident stream.

A person may have a dual or eventual intent to become a permanent resident, but in order to qualify for a temporary resident visa, they must demonstrate that they have the capacity and willingness to leave Canada at the end of the authorized temporary period (see section 5.4 – Dual intent).
• the ties to their home country are sufficiently strong to ensure that they are motivated to return home after the visit to Canada; and
• they meet the

Even if the person’s ties to the home country seem to be strong, there may be other factors in the general economic or political environment which make the long-term prospects for the person or their family unstable. These factors should be considered in the assessment.

What family does the person have in the country of residence? Where were they at the time of the application?
• Does the person have property? What is the value of the property?
• What financial obligations is the person leaving behind? What is the nature and value of these obligations?
• What other responsibilities and obligations is the person leaving behind? How will they be discharged?
• Is travel consistent with local customs or practices? Has the person travelled before?

Have you ever been refused a temporary resident visa to travel to Canada? The answer will help you determine if the person has a temporary intent and will also support a potential refusal under the requirement to answer truthfully [A16(1)].

May 7, 2013
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op11-eng.pdf
this is the link for the complete manual/article of the above post. take note of page 5,14,15.

May 7, 2013
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2013/2013-03-04a.asp

News Release — Canada Welcomes Record Number of Immigrants, Visitors and Students from the Philippines in 2012

Ottawa, March 4, 2013 — Canada issued a record number of visas for Filipino nationals in 2012, of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

“We plan to grow the economy and create more jobs by attracting an increasing number of visitors and the world’s best and brightest talent to Canada,” said Minister Kenney. “For this reason, we strive to issue visas and permits as quickly as possible to facilitate travel for immigrants, visitors and students.”

The Philippines was the second largest source country for immigration to Canada in 2012 with 32,704 permanent residents admitted. This represents an increase of 146 percent since 2004.

Canada also issued a record 44,000 visitor visas to Filipino applicants in 2012, an increase of 68 percent compared to 2004. And the record 941 study permits approved represents an increase of 429 percent since 2004. This significant increase in each of these categories reaffirms Canada as a top destination of choice for visitors and students from the Philippines.

-Hmmm 941 study permits approved from the Philippines, I wonder if this is just for 2012? .....

dreamer20

Sep 6, 2012
emeraldfairywinx said:

Dual intent
An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay [A22(2), R183]. The person's desire to work, study or visit in Canada before or during the processing of an application for permanent residence may be legitimate. An officer should distinguish between such a person and an applicant who has no intention of leaving Canada if the application is refused.
• the time required to process an application for permanent residence, because the length of time will affect the applicant's means of support;

• the applicant's likelihood of leaving Canada if the application is refused.

In cases where there is dual intent, refusals do not stem from having two intents but rather from having a single bona fide intent (i.e., to become a permanent resident) and misrepresenting the second intent (i.e., to become a temporary resident) in order to achieve the first intent. For example: an applicant for a work or study permit who indicates that they have no intention of leaving Canada has demonstrated only a single intent—permanent residence. Such an application would be refused, even if the applicant might qualify for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) or the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). This is because the applicant has shown that they do not respect the terms and conditions of temporary residence, should they not qualify for a Permanent Resident stream.

A person may have a dual or eventual intent to become a permanent resident, but in order to qualify for a temporary resident visa, they must demonstrate that they have the capacity and willingness to leave Canada at the end of the authorized temporary period (see section 5.4 – Dual intent).
• the ties to their home country are sufficiently strong to ensure that they are motivated to return home after the visit to Canada; and
• they meet the

Even if the person's ties to the home country seem to be strong, there may be other factors in the general economic or political environment which make the long-term prospects for the person or their family unstable. These factors should be considered in the assessment.

What family does the person have in the country of residence? Where were they at the time of the application?
• What financial obligations is the person leaving behind? What is the nature and value of these obligations?
• What other responsibilities and obligations is the person leaving behind? How will they be discharged?
• Is travel consistent with local customs or practices? Has the person travelled before?

Have you ever been refused a temporary resident visa to travel to Canada? The answer will help you determine if the person has a temporary intent and will also support a potential refusal under the requirement to answer truthfully [A16(1)].
@emerald: thanks for this info.... grabe nakakakaba upon reading posts from others who got refused. Parang nkakawalang pag-asa considering na sobrang laki ng proof of funds nila.

May 7, 2013
dreamer20 said:
@ emerald: thanks for this info.... grabe nakakakaba upon reading posts from others who got refused. Parang nkakawalang pag-asa considering na sobrang laki ng proof of funds nila.
when we make our SOP or when we prepare our requirements, lets think as V.O.s! :)

paulv4444

Oct 6, 2011
silent_heart said:
yes! malaki na yung show money ko pero rejected parin. Im not sure kung yung reason ba eh I wasnt able to prove that my parents will shoulder for my expenses. Im just wondering why they said in my rejection letter that my HOST will not adequately support my studies. I indicated in my application that my parents will cover for my studies and also included my birth certificate.

hoping that my visa will be approved kapag nagreapply ako.

nagfile ka na ba ng visa mo?
Hi silentheart,

Nde pa ako ngpapasa ng application, since I'm planning to take the ielts first. My plan kasi is winter /january intake ako. May consultancy kba?

Paul

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
emeraldfairywinx said:

Dual intent
• the applicant's likelihood of leaving Canada if the application is refused.

• they meet the

Even if the person's ties to the home country seem to be strong, there may be other factors in the general economic or political environment which make the long-term prospects for the person or their family unstable. These factors should be considered in the assessment.

+1 for this...:D

ultrawax89

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MAKATI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
April 4, 2013
Med's Done....
April 11, 2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
June 6, 2013
LANDED..........
June 26, 2013
awts.. i was being sponsored by an institution, on my letter of sponsorship.. it is written that they will provided all the necessary funds for my stay until my graduation and eventually i will served their institution upon finishing the course. do you think they will approve my application upon reading this? well i already sent my application and medical results are already forwarded..thank you

trublou

May 23, 2013
hi guys! :)

sino po dito ang nagapply this may lang ng student visa for fall 2013 intake?

share nmn po kayo.. nakakakaba maghintay ng balita..

lalo pa akong kinabahan dahil s amga recent posts about refusals.. :'(

ultrawax89

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MAKATI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
April 4, 2013
Med's Done....
April 11, 2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
June 6, 2013
LANDED..........
June 26, 2013
trublou said:
hi guys! :)

sino po dito ang nagapply this may lang ng student visa for fall 2013 intake?

share nmn po kayo.. nakakakaba maghintay ng balita..

lalo pa akong kinabahan dahil s amga recent posts about refusals.. :'(
nag apply ako for fall 2013 last march 20 pa.. until now wala padin..nakakakaba.. ikaw ba? kelan ka nag apply? paper based application ako..

ultrawax89

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MAKATI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
April 4, 2013
Med's Done....
April 11, 2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
June 6, 2013
LANDED..........
June 26, 2013
ou nga.. ang natagal.. ako nag resign nako sa work hoping bfore sep makakaalis nku.. march plang wala naku work

sweet jelly

Dec 17, 2010
Sana mabigyan na tayo ng visa this week. Ano na kayang nangyayari at parang sobrang tagal na wala pang nabibigyan ng visa.

ultrawax89

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MAKATI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
April 4, 2013
Med's Done....
April 11, 2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
June 6, 2013
LANDED..........
June 26, 2013
baka peak season ngeon sa embassy.. hehe sana umabot ako before mag sep.. sep 4 start ng class nmn..