+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

sweet jelly

Dec 17, 2010
Chelz said:
Kaka sama ng loob, refused ang application ko... :'(
Sbi ng husband ko wag na namin sundin ang consultancy firm namin at kame na magapply directly kz mga sir and mam tinganggal nya ang current account namin pati 3 sasakyan na nka loan kya 1 sasakyan lang naisama sa application, luma na at pandeliver pa... magiging liability pa daw yung mga yun... totoo ba mga sir and mam? thanks!
Sorry to hear that.Ano daw ang reason bakit refused ang application mo?

May 7, 2013
Chelz said:
Kaka sama ng loob, refused ang application ko... :'(
Sbi ng husband ko wag na namin sundin ang consultancy firm namin at kame na magapply directly kz mga sir and mam tinganggal nya ang current account namin pati 3 sasakyan na nka loan kya 1 sasakyan lang naisama sa application, luma na at pandeliver pa... magiging liability pa daw yung mga yun... totoo ba mga sir and mam? thanks!
hi mam, would you mind sharing to us magkano showmoney nyo sa bank? para maging lesson din sa amin...
ikaw lang ba nag apply or kasama husband and kids mo?

Chelz

Mar 4, 2013
(you have not demonstrated that you are sufficiently well established in your country of residence)
(your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, other educational oppurtunities available in your country or Canada, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.)

yan po ang may check yang dalawang yan.

bale 1.8M po funds sa bank. Business English po sana 1 year course ang kunin ko. Ako lang po nagapply di pa kasama baby and husband ko. Kasama sa papers ko DTI and Business Permit of our family business under my name (8 yrs na), Land Title 150 sqm in a subdivision, old and new bank book, bank cert, OR/CR of a delivery van (2000 model), employment cert of 2.5 yrs as a staff nurse/nurse supervisor, b-certs and marriage cert, diploma and TOR.

yung consultancy firm di nya isinama ang current account (233K remaining balance) and yung 3 pa namin sasakyan na nka loan. (car is 90% paid, L300 70% paid, NHR-PV 60% paid) kz makakabawas pa daw yun sa funds na ipapakita ko... tama b? sa opinion ko kz kahit nka loan ang sasakyan eh still asset mo pa din yun.

yung isang nurse from our place din, (mother nya magsusupport sa application) same course pero single sya at 4M pera na refuse nung una pero nagtry ulet at nagpagwa ng ibang cover letter from her attorney nabigyan sya ng visa kay yun na lang pinanghahawakan ko na bka sakali makalusot pa din.

thank you nga pla dun sa unang nagreply sa first two posts ko, wla pa ako reply button kya di ako makapag thank you... tska sa 3rd and 4th na nagreply thank u din...

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
@chelz: just an unsolicited advice. Try to get admission for a degree that is relevant to nursing. We have very good English programs here in our country that is why you'll have a hard time convincing the visa officer to grant you a visa. I also suggest that you include all your assets and liabilities in your application because these will answer the question of ties to your country.

JainaFel

Feb 10, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Chelz said:
(you have not demonstrated that you are sufficiently well established in your country of residence)
(your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, other educational oppurtunities available in your country or Canada, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.)

bale 1.8M po funds sa bank. Business English po sana 1 year course ang kunin ko. Ako lang po nagapply di pa kasama baby and husband ko. Kasama sa papers ko DTI and Business Permit of our family business under my name (8 yrs na), Land Title 150 sqm in a subdivision, old and new bank book, bank cert, OR/CR of a delivery van (2000 model), employment cert of 2.5 yrs as a staff nurse/nurse supervisor, b-certs and marriage cert, diploma and TOR.

yung consultancy firm di nya isinama ang current account (233K remaining balance) and yung 3 pa namin sasakyan na nka loan. (car is 90% paid, L300 70% paid, NHR-PV 60% paid) kz makakabawas pa daw yun sa funds na ipapakita ko... tama b? sa opinion ko kz kahit nka loan ang sasakyan eh still asset mo pa din yun.
hi Chelz, so sorry to hear about your refusal.

From what I know, vehicles do not matter much in assets. More so if they're on loan, no matter how many percent they're already paid, because they are still considered liabilities (learned this from my consultant, too). What's your family business? Is it connected to the medical field? Because if you studied Nursing and you're in a different line of business, it might also affect your level of establishment in the country. If you're re-applying, you can also apply for GCMS/CAIPS notes so you'll know which aspect made the VO think you're not well-established here.

And yeah, it seems that there is a course mismatch. They're very particular about this. You should take up something more in line with your undergrad. It's more favorable if it's a master's degree in a university. But if you'd really like to pursue Business English, make sure to attach a strong SOP on why this is the course you're taking.

luckygurl

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chelz said:

yung isang nurse from our place din, (mother nya magsusupport sa application) same course pero single sya at 4M pera na refuse nung una pero nagtry ulet at nagpagwa ng ibang cover letter from her attorney nabigyan sya ng visa kay yun na lang pinanghahawakan ko na bka sakali makalusot pa din.

thank you nga pla dun sa unang nagreply sa first two posts ko, wla pa ako reply button kya di ako makapag thank you... tska sa 3rd and 4th na nagreply thank u din...
My application was also refused last month for the same reasons, I can understand your feelings..but huwag kang mawalan ng hope..fight for your dreams and re apply and include SOP to justify your thoughts.

Chelz

Mar 4, 2013
nga pala po... took up M.A.N. and graduated last April 13, 2013. Plan to take Business English sana in preparation for PhD. yung business namin is frozen meat dealer kame. galing Canada, US and Aus ang mga products. Salamat po sa replies and advice nyo...

May 7, 2013
luckygurl said:
My application was also refused last month for the same reasons, I can understand your feelings..but huwag kang mawalan ng hope..fight for your dreams and re apply and include SOP to justify your thoughts.
ay how sad naman. parang nawalan din ako ng pag asa.
diba nursing grad ka tapos early childhood devt gusto mo kunin.
course mismatch cguro.

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
DocRZ said:
@ chelz: just an unsolicited advice. Try to get admission for a degree that is relevant to nursing. We have very good English programs here in our country that is why you'll have a hard time convincing the visa officer to grant you a visa. I also suggest that you include all your assets and liabilities in your application because these will answer the question of ties to your country.
I agree...read this link http://ph.news.yahoo.com/ph--world-s-best-country-in-business-english.html ... that's why it's hard to convince the visa officers about the course you intend to take up in Canada....

May 7, 2013
JainaFel said:
hi Chelz, so sorry to hear about your refusal.

From what I know, vehicles do not matter much in assets. More so if they're on loan, no matter how many percent they're already paid, because they are still considered liabilities (learned this from my consultant, too). What's your family business? Is it connected to the medical field? Because if you studied Nursing and you're in a different line of business, it might also affect your level of establishment in the country. If you're re-applying, you can also apply for GCMS/CAIPS notes so you'll know which aspect made the VO think you're not well-established here.

And yeah, it seems that there is a course mismatch. They're very particular about this. You should take up something more in line with your undergrad. It's more favorable if it's a master's degree in a university. But if you'd really like to pursue Business English, make sure to attach a strong SOP on why this is the course you're taking.
mam, how about condo under my name pero still nasa staggerred downpayment stage. what is your opinion, would it matter in anyway kung isali ko as asset? or baka maging more on liability sya?

May 7, 2013
Chelz said:
nga pala po... took up M.A.N. and graduated last April 13, 2013. Plan to take Business English sana in preparation for PhD. yung business namin is frozen meat dealer kame. galing Canada, US and Aus ang mga products. Salamat po sa replies and advice nyo...
yun naman pala, may M.A.N. ka na, tapos Business English lang sa Canada kaagad....
hindi man lang po kayo na advisan ng consultants nyo....
try po ninyo yung mga Nursing review courses for internationally educated nurses, yan po ata uso ngayon sa mga Nurses. kasi may isang known agency sa place namin na yan yung mina market. yung Omni College, e search po ninyo, they are offering that. in the first few pages of this thread merong dyan nag apply or maybe nakapasok na sa Omni College.
hindi nga lang ako Nurse, kaya di applicable sa akin yan.

Chelz

Mar 4, 2013
kakalungkot naman di ko na alam gagawin ko... laki din ng gastos :'( thank you sa mga replies nyo...

ultrawax89

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MAKATI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
April 4, 2013
Med's Done....
April 11, 2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
June 6, 2013
LANDED..........
June 26, 2013
hello.. what comes first? interview of medical? ibabalik pa po ba nyan ng embassy ung mga pinas ko na TOR and diploma? i submitted the original copies.. panu po mag inquire CEM, may number po ba na pwede matawagan to check the status of my application? April 11 pa po ako nag pa medical.. salamat