+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Ails

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
EHEstavillo said:
Good day!
Yes mam basically you have a chance to apply for sv application.
You just need to have sufficient funds and valid study plan.
Much better if the course you choose to enroll has a relevance on your working experience.
Have a nice day!
ehestavillo.css @ visacenter.org
Thanks a lot to you EHEstavillo. Yes po, first choice ko po ung Business Administration - Human Resources. kasi currently hr assistant nman po ako.

Again, Thanks

dreamer20

Sep 6, 2012
rave21lala said:
kung nkbayad kn s skul, provide ka lng ng proof of payment. ung proof of funds mo cost of living n lng tsaka ticket.
Thank you po rave21lala...

Pwede another question po...

Kailangan po ba na presently or recently employed ka when you are applying for student in Canada? In my case po kasi naging 3yrs akong administrative clerk hir in Phil. then 4 yrs abroad as sales rep, but now 2 years na po akong wlang work ... i have business but freelance lang sya i mean wlang license as proof. But my proof of fund is really from my own savings...do you think it will affect my application kung matagal nakong wlang work , pwede bng pagdudahan ako ng VO that im not financially
capable or hindi sakin ang money??

LoveUCanada2013

Sep 15, 2012
Hi Dreamer,

Saw your post and thanks for the information. I'm not actually new on this forum and have posted a quite nos. of queries before.
Till now I'm still undecided to apply as student due to a lot of things to be considered.

Do you think they will entertain me though currently I based in Singapore?

Regards,

dreamer20 said:
Hello everyone...

thought this might help ...

I attended a fair "Study in Canada fair 2013" at Fairmont Hotel last January 25 and fortunately, I personally met the representatives of different colleges/universities in Canada, IELTS rep and even the embassy staffs. According to the hosts that was the first time they (schools rep) visited Philippines...kumbaga talagang pinopromote na nila sa Pinoy ang mag aral sa Canada.. Im sorry i didn't have the chance to post this schedule dahil biglaan din ang pagpunta ko don.

Anyway, since I am particularly interested in Seneca, I directly talk to Mr. Patrick Zheng (Associate Director) to ask about my application plan. He was very approachable and kind enough answering all my questions... He also gave me 4 books written about Seneca's program, tuition fee sched, map, etc.. Though I already mentioned him that I have representative/consultant na mag aayos ng papers, they still told me that I can apply for myself and they recommend me to ask help with their accredited representative "FREE OF CHARGE" daw. I wasn't able to ask their assistance anymore because I already paid my consultant (CPNIS), sayang nga eh. But, the others can inquire with them since free of charge naman dw... Out of curiosity I asked ms. Dianne Siozon about their free service (kasi kung nagbibigay sila ng free consultation anong benefit naman ang makukuha nila, di ba)..according to her and Mr. Zheng...ang school daw ang magbabayad sa Study International in every successful applicant na mare-recruit nila.

This is their contact details...

STUDY INTERNATIONAL
UG36 Alfaro Place, 146 Leviste St.
Salcedo Village, 1227 Makati City
Tel. 817-8090

contact person: Ms. Dianne Siozon (Counsellor)
emal: dianne @ studyinternational.com.ph
www.studyinternational.com.ph
facebook: studentinternational.ph
tweeter: studyintlcomph

there's no harm in asking since wla namang involve na money... :D :D :D :D

LoveUCanada2013

Sep 15, 2012
Hi Kyle,

Saw a lots of your post and very encouraging - thanks.
I'm a Filipino but currently based in Singapore, planning to apply as student in Canada but not sure if I need to apply back to Phillippines or I can do it here instead. Appreciate your ideas.

Thanks,

kyle said:
You can actually apply here in the philippines. Communications with your prospect university are made through emails or phone calls. You need the letter of acceptance from the school so you can apply for a study permit in the embassy...

do take note that having an LOA from the school is not a guarantee that you will be given a visa---the canadian embassy will solely decide on it.

I dont get your other question... What do you mean you have to go back to PI? Once you get your study permit (issued in the immigration counter - port entry) then you are legal to enter canada already and pursue your studies.

Please do some readings sa previous pages here marami ka matututunan...
Godbless on your future application

boston_pinoy88

Jan 23, 2013
for Bigkahuna... Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

hi Bigkahuna,

pag submit mo online for SP, paano mo na send ang tuition fee payment and bank statement?

Wish to hear your reply.

Thanks

zyzy

Jun 29, 2012
hi guys..

share ko lang...last april 5 hinatid na ng air 21 yung mga docs ng hubby ko pero at the same day binalik din sa amin yung docs kasi kulang daw ng family information form from spouse(dependents 18 and above)ibig ba sabihin nun binuksan na ng visa officer at nascan na yung mga documents nya?kinakabahan kami baka madeny c hubby...:-(

JainaFel

Feb 10, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
hello.

Is it necessary for bank funds to reach 10k CAD in one bank? or can I submit multiple statements from different banks that will add up to 10k CAD?

Do I also have to submit the IMM 5257 (App for TRV) Form?

Dhie_RN

Jun 20, 2012
hello po sa lahat..
plan ko po mag apply sana ng student permit for Canada..magiging issue po ba if graduate ko year 2007 pa pero ng wowork namn as nurse po..
kay madam KYLE, RN din po hubby nio right?nung ng apply po siya ng visa currently employed po ba siya??or anyone from the forum na natry mg apply student permit/TRV while employed??thank u

amiel.santiago

Feb 4, 2013
Quezon City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2013
Med's Request
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
16-10-2013
Dhie_RN said:
hello po sa lahat..
plan ko po mag apply sana ng student permit for Canada..magiging issue po ba if graduate ko year 2007 pa pero ng wowork namn as nurse po..
kay madam KYLE, RN din po hubby nio right?nung ng apply po siya ng visa currently employed po ba siya??or anyone from the forum na natry mg apply student permit/TRV while employed??thank u

Hi,

I think most of the people applying for student visa have either worked before or currently working. For example, my wife is currently working as a nursing informaticist but when she tried to apply for a Bachelor of Nursing after degree in University of Lethbridge, na reject sya on the said course but was accepted on the course of Public Health & Management. She was advised na to take CARNA na lang instead a degree if my wife wants to pursue a nursing career in Canada. Once naman na nakahanap ka na ng University that would accept you, the VO will be the one to decide your fate.

Cheers.

renievick09

Apr 12, 2013
Hello ! I received an email from the School sa Canada na i-memail na nila sa akin ang Letter of Acceptance today.

Just want to ask for help po what are all the requirements ang need ko po na dalhin/ipakita sa embassy.
BTW my grandparents po ang mag support sa akin sa study and sa kanila din ako titira if ever mkakuha ako ng visa.
Ano2x pa po ang mga requirements na need ko. Sana my magreply.

Sept 3, 2013 ang scheduled start ng class po. nkapagbayad na din po kami ng full tuition fee for the 1st sem

add me nalang po sa FB . Then message me please.. badly need help.

search my name sa FB: ren renievick

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Hello my fellow Filipinos! I recently got accepted in the University of Calgary for the Masters in Veterinary Medical Sciences. Right now I'm in the process of completing my documents for my student visa application. I checked the Canadian Embassy website of the Manila Office and it says there that the average handling time of the application is 15 weeks for paper application. Is this really the length of time it takes for the applications to be processed? or some have their applications processed in a more speedy manner? How about the online application.. Can anyone share their experience on this especially if it's faster? Thanks

Dhie_RN

Jun 20, 2012
amiel.santiago said:
Hi,

I think most of the people applying for student visa have either worked before or currently working. For example, my wife is currently working as a nursing informaticist but when she tried to apply for a Bachelor of Nursing after degree in University of Lethbridge, na reject sya on the said course but was accepted on the course of Public Health & Management. She was advised na to take CARNA na lang instead a degree if my wife wants to pursue a nursing career in Canada. Once naman na nakahanap ka na ng University that would accept you, the VO will be the one to decide your fate.

Cheers.
thanx amiel..nasa canada na ba wife mo?nung nagsend ba siya ng application sa embassy manila, ng enclosed ba siya ng certificate of employemnt??ilang years ng progam ni wife po sa canada??ngpakita ba siya proof ng approved leaves from her work??thnx ;)

Dhie_RN

Jun 20, 2012
jqd0517 said:
Hi. Medyo gusto ko pala i-korek yung statement ko na having a sponsor in Canada is not a factor for refusal kasi sabi nga nila the VO also looks for the reason and assurance that you are coming back to the Phils. after the duration of your study. Sa tingin ko having a sponsor could either work for or against your application. It could work for your application in a sense na mapapakita mo na kaya mo talaga i-support yung studies mo but it could also work against your application kasi nga the VO could think na baka di ka na bumalik because your family is already there. But I think, it won't work against your application siguro as long as you can provide enough evidence na babalik ka talaga sa Pinas after your study. In my case kasi, I showed in my application na established na ako sa trabaho dito Pinas. In fact, I was able to secure a letter sa employer ko na may babalikan ako na trabaho after my study. Siguro if you have work experiences na rin sa Pinas pede mo i-mention sa SOP mo or at best, try to secure letter of support sa opisina niyo if your are presently employed. Or sabi rin nila mga documents showing your properties dito sa Pilipinas or if your are already married, then mention na may babalikan ka na family. Kasi nga they are looking at the totality of your application, that is, you can really convince them that you can support your studies and your intent is really to study and that you will leave Canada after the duration of your study.
hi jqd0517..confirm ko lng if nung nagpass ka ng requirements sa embassy di ka ba nila hinananapan ng approved leaves sa work or ung letter of support na lng hiningi mu??.nakatulong na rin siguro ito anu kaya hindi ka na ngundergo ng interview with the VO.. :)

Dhie_RN

Jun 20, 2012
kyle said:
hello po...

tapos na interview yung partner ko. hindi masyadong mabait yung visa officer.
actually nga, nag tataas pa daw siya ng boses. at di pinapatapos sagot ng partner ko.

although may briefing naman kami, practice at talagang memorize niya lahat details ng application niya.
parang nakakapanghina parin daw loob yung nangyari. at the moment, speechless and hoping for the best nalang kami.

WE KEEP ON PRAYING na sana kahit naging rude yung visa officer, atleast man lang maging malambot puso niya na igrant yung visa.
sana malaman niya kung gano ka importante ito samin...

hi ms kyle! have some few questions to ask ...kasi RN kau pareho ni hubby mu..rn din kasi ako,..ano na po ung program na inenroll ni hubby nio???madugo ba ung interview ni mister nio regarding sa relevance ng preferred course nia at ng previous degree nia which is BSN..??cureently working po ba si hubby when he applied sa embassy???ano inenclose nia na documents to ensure na my work xia or my babalikan pa ciya na work,,thnx :)

POTPOT

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-01-2021
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-11-2021
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
01-03-2023
Med's Done....
20-03-2023
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
N/A
Hi everyone,

Anyone submitted their application online? I submitted last April 9 for SP. I have a question. Will it affect my application for SP because my family are PR and and they went ontario just last october 2012. But my mother is working there for 5years and was granted to be a PR last feb 2012.

Thanks in advance..