+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

mkimgee

Dec 10, 2018
Hello po! Pag nagfile po ba through SDS, kailangan po ba bayad na rin ung accommodations? Mag-dormitory po kasi ako within campus and mga May pa ibibigay ung fees invoice para dun pero aim namin maka file na ng student permit by April.

MoonChild08

Feb 4, 2019
Hi kapwa pinoys!

To all international students, I need help regarding your Student Permit journey. Just wondering, how long did your background check took before visa approval?

Thank you!

cmaple

Dec 12, 2016
Hello po!

Tanong lang po,

My friend and brother kasi would like to go here thru student visa, mo brother being the student and gf as OWP. Yung girl, has 2 kids under her last name but she will leave her kids in the Philippines muna. They've been together for over a year now. Yung brother ko haven't finished college, yet (Hospitality management program) sa isang school almost done na kaso lumipat back to 0 sya but tapos na 1st year. He would would like to get the same course here in Canada.

As for properties, gf has 3 properties. Worked in LGU for 3 years and my online business. Her mother has 2 businesses (salon and boutique) and parang may more than half M sa bank si girl.

as for the guy, mother can create a deed of donation for the house as he doesn't have anything under his name. I,as well, is under student visa and 1 year na. For the papers I sent, can he send it as well? However, I have property, finished a degree and have had work experience. We sell one of my mother's property to present as one of my POF, can we still use this?

As a couple, they have a property and joint account and they can pay 1st term of tuition and pwedeng ma gic si guy.
Any insights po?

Last edited:

Shen2013

Jan 27, 2019
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Application: SDS paper based (no agent) at VFS Manila
SP Application date: 26 September 2018
SP Approval date: 31 October 2018
DLI: Durham College (Oshawa campus)

Timeline:

2017 Sept - Applied directly at Durham College for 2018 Sept intake
2017 Nov - IELTS exam
2017 Dec - IELTS result (overall 7.5: L 8, R 6.5, W 7, S 7.5)
2018 March- Submitted my transcripts to Durham College
2018 June - Received unconditional LOA from DC
  • Requested DC to defer me to January 2019 intake because I was not confident I would get my SP approved in time.
  • Did upfront medical. Required additional sputum test due to slightly hazy xray result.
2018 July - Paid 1 year fee at Durham College
2018 Aug - Transferred CAD$10,200 to Scotia bank. Got my letter of instruction 3 working days later.
2018 Sept - Applied for SP at VFS Manila on 26 Sept. Sputum test result negative.
  • Linked my paper application to my GCKey on 28 Sept
2018 Oct - Did follow up xray on 1 Oct. Following day, 2 Oct, GCKey update that medical passed
  • Review of eligibility started on 30 Oct
  • SP Approved on 31 October
Documents submitted:
  • Unconditional LOA from Durham College and conditional LOA from UOIT (DC program transfers to UOIT upon successful completion)
  • 1 year fee receipt
  • GIC letter of instruction
  • Upfront medical form from IOM Manila
  • IELTS result
  • College and High School transcripts
  • COE from previous works as well as all my ITRs since I started working
  • IT certifications (C|EH and ITIL v3 Foundation) and certificate of attendance in various IT seminars
  • Property documents (I have two properties)
  • Letter from my brother-in-law that he will provide me with room and board, together with his valid ID
  • Business registration from SEC (I have a tech startup which was duly registered with Philippines SEC as limited partnership)
  • Marriage certificate
  • NBI clearance
  • SOP
  • All required forms as per checklist
What I learned based from my experience:
  • SP processing time is unpredictable. I got mine after 35 calendar days. But I have a friend who applied non-SDS on 17 Oct and got his approval on 25 Oct.
  • SOP key points:
  • My background: Took up Aeronautical Engineering in college but work experience for the past 22 years are solid IT (from systems and network administration to software/application development and project management)
  • Objective: What I plan to achieve. Why I want to study in Canada
  • Why Canada: Less expensive than other countries such as AU, NZ or USA. Great peace and order situation. Multicultural.
  • Why Durham College and UOIT: I only applied at DC and UOIT so i was able to highlight their qualities.
  • Career progression: How my intended program will help in my future career growth in my home country
  • Declaration: that I will abide by all the conditions, rules and regulation of the SP should I be approved. That I intend to finish my program the soonest possible time and go back to my home country. That, should my SP be revoked by IRCC, I will leave Canada immediately.
  • No agent/consultant. Everything I need I read from the IRCC/CIC website and Scotia bank website. Anything that is unclear to me, I asked from the forum. There are a lot of veterans here who goes out of their way to answer queries (hats off to all of you guys!)
  • Make sure you have the complete documents upon submission. Utilize the checklist.
  • For SDS applicants, it doesn't hurt to submit additional financial documents/proofs
  • Plan accordingly, do not rush things. Very important to strategize properly. There is plenty of time. If I am able to do it at my age, how much more can younger applicants?
  • Finally, YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL! :)

Shen2013

Jan 27, 2019
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Anyone can share thoughts about my Student permit status na kung saan yung school allowed lng ako enroll ng 3 courses for winter 2019 and 2 courses spring 2019 amounting CAD 4,500, kaso sabi ng consultant may problema kasi CAD12,000 dapat ko bayaran nakalagay LOA ko may supproting BDO account ako na 600k plus yung savings account ng kuya ko na PR sa canada na CAD 2,000 and her wife na may investment sa scotia na CAD5,000 with letter of support for my accom. Food and transpo?......possible ba na madeny ako?
Hello,whats w the update? Are you here in Canada? Did you apply for SDS or regular. I gonna do the same thing with sa relative ko sa Phils. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: famevangelio

Shen2013

Jan 27, 2019
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
wow thank you po, hehe kasi nagpaconsult ako last week sa agency ayun sabi malabo daw kasi malayo nga sa course, kaya natanong ko din dito sa forum :D thank u po
I think you will be approved. AB pol. Sci sa phils.tapos office admin ang program kuha sa canada. Nasa canada na sya ngayon.

Keshky

Feb 2, 2019
Yung background check itself lng po took 27 days? or yung whole application na po?
The whole process na po yun, when i submitted my application the first status that was changed was the background status, nung napadala ko na yung passport ko nun lang nagcompleted yung background check.

Reactions: MoonChild08

MoonChild08

Feb 4, 2019
The whole process na po yun, when i submitted my application the first status that was changed was the background status, nung napadala ko na yung passport ko nun lang nagcompleted yung background check.
Thank you po! Do you have any idea po if what documents needed pag passport pick up ka at the vfs?

yacuiny

Jan 14, 2019
Hello po. Mejo may hesitation ako sa pag apply ko sa mga courses sa canada.
Nakapag tapos po ako ng bachelors degree dito sa pinas with 6 six working experience in thia field. Yung mga related course na meron sa canada is for college diploma / advace diploma credential only.

Ang worry ko po is baka ma question ako bakit pa ako mag diploma course kung nakapagtapos naman ako ng bachelors. Meron po ba same scenario nito? Anu po advise mabibigay nyo? Thnk you

kagpia

Sep 26, 2018
Hi Po! New member po ako dito sa Forum and I have questions regarding the SP and SOWP. We're done gathering all the documents listed in our checklist for my husband's SP. Original plan po namin is to Apply first sa SP nya then if approved na, kami naman ng baby ko (2year old) ang mag apply for SOWP and Dependent's Visa. Then hopefully, sabay kami aalis. Question ko po sana:

* Advisable ba na to follow nlng kami ng baby ko after ma approve ang SP ng husband ko? I've read an article na advisable na to follow ang visa namin ni bby once approved na SP ni hubby para magamit ko as reference and SP nya. However, if sabay kami aalis, hindi kaya kami ma qquestion since ang fund ng hubby ko is for himself lang? or Advised ba na to follow nalng kami sa pag alis ni bby like ilang months ang interval para din makapag settle ang husband ko. Pde po ba un?

*Sa Brighton College po ang prospect na School ng husband ko, anyone po na may idea kung gano sila katagal mag release ng LOA?

*Sa Baby ko po pala, required po ba sya kunan ng SP? Since 2 year old pa lang po sya and sa Day Care pa ang bagsak nya?

Thank you so in advance sa mga sasagot! God Bless us all! :)

Hi am also an SP applicant like you with 2 children.

I will be submitting my application at the same time with my husband and kids. I’m not an expert kung dapat ba sabay or not. But my agent said pde naman sabay. And I have also read many feedback from other successful applicants na sabay. Meron din naman na nauna ang SP then sunod lng dependents. So di ko po sire what’s the best way to go. As for me, gusto
Ko sabay-sabay kame. ☺

Pag baby po ata TRV kung di ako nagkakamali kase di pa sha magaaral. Wait naten response ng iba.

Good luck po sa tin!

Reactions: famevangelio