+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Official fee schedule which includes:
 tuition;
 accommodations and meal plans; and
 miscellaneous expenses (medical insurance, books, memberships).

can you show me an example kung paano gagawin dito thank you po in advance.
boss,

1. tuition: kung ano po ang nakalagay sa loa mo
2. accommodations and meal plans: approximately po ay cad$10k per year (kaya recommended po ang gic)
3. miscellaneous expenses: nasa loa din po (aside sa tuition fee)

trevetras

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Ottawa, Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
25-11-2022
AOR Received.
25-11-2022
Question po, im currently finishing my undergrad and sa april 2019 siya matatapos and i planning to enroll for sept2019 intake. okay lang ba if i submit an initial TOR?

trevetras

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
25-11-2022
AOR Received.
25-11-2022
Need advise...

Sa tingin niyo magkano po ang need ko dalhin sa canada? My sister (canadian citizen) will be providing my housing and other expenses like food and utility for the whole duration of my program.

May kakilala po kasi ako na 50kphp like dinala papuntang canada at walang problema.

Denise888

Jan 20, 2019
Hi, question lang. Kailangan bang hintayin ang result ng upfront medical test before lodging the application? I read somewhere na pag may confirmation na that you have undergone the examination, you can already submit the application. Must be from cic.gc.ca ko din nabasa. Another thing, hiningi pa ba vaccination record mo? Thanks in advance.

Application: SDS paper based (no agent) at VFS Manila
SP Application date: 26 September 2018
SP Approval date: 31 October 2018
DLI: Durham College (Oshawa campus)

Timeline:

2017 Sept - Applied directly at Durham College for 2018 Sept intake
2017 Nov - IELTS exam
2017 Dec - IELTS result (overall 7.5: L 8, R 6.5, W 7, S 7.5)
2018 March- Submitted my transcripts to Durham College
2018 June - Received unconditional LOA from DC
  • Requested DC to defer me to January 2019 intake because I was not confident I would get my SP approved in time.
  • Did upfront medical. Required additional sputum test due to slightly hazy xray result.
2018 July - Paid 1 year fee at Durham College
2018 Aug - Transferred CAD$10,200 to Scotia bank. Got my letter of instruction 3 working days later.
2018 Sept - Applied for SP at VFS Manila on 26 Sept. Sputum test result negative.
  • Linked my paper application to my GCKey on 28 Sept
2018 Oct - Did follow up xray on 1 Oct. Following day, 2 Oct, GCKey update that medical passed
  • Review of eligibility started on 30 Oct
  • SP Approved on 31 October
Documents submitted:
  • Unconditional LOA from Durham College and conditional LOA from UOIT (DC program transfers to UOIT upon successful completion)
  • 1 year fee receipt
  • GIC letter of instruction
  • Upfront medical form from IOM Manila
  • IELTS result
  • College and High School transcripts
  • COE from previous works as well as all my ITRs since I started working
  • IT certifications (C|EH and ITIL v3 Foundation) and certificate of attendance in various IT seminars
  • Property documents (I have two properties)
  • Letter from my brother-in-law that he will provide me with room and board, together with his valid ID
  • Business registration from SEC (I have a tech startup which was duly registered with Philippines SEC as limited partnership)
  • Marriage certificate
  • NBI clearance
  • SOP
  • All required forms as per checklist
What I learned based from my experience:
  • SP processing time is unpredictable. I got mine after 35 calendar days. But I have a friend who applied non-SDS on 17 Oct and got his approval on 25 Oct.
  • SOP key points:
  • My background: Took up Aeronautical Engineering in college but work experience for the past 22 years are solid IT (from systems and network administration to software/application development and project management)
  • Objective: What I plan to achieve. Why I want to study in Canada
  • Why Canada: Less expensive than other countries such as AU, NZ or USA. Great peace and order situation. Multicultural.
  • Why Durham College and UOIT: I only applied at DC and UOIT so i was able to highlight their qualities.
  • Career progression: How my intended program will help in my future career growth in my home country
  • Declaration: that I will abide by all the conditions, rules and regulation of the SP should I be approved. That I intend to finish my program the soonest possible time and go back to my home country. That, should my SP be revoked by IRCC, I will leave Canada immediately.
  • No agent/consultant. Everything I need I read from the IRCC/CIC website and Scotia bank website. Anything that is unclear to me, I asked from the forum. There are a lot of veterans here who goes out of their way to answer queries (hats off to all of you guys!)
  • Make sure you have the complete documents upon submission. Utilize the checklist.
  • For SDS applicants, it doesn't hurt to submit additional financial documents/proofs
  • Plan accordingly, do not rush things. Very important to strategize properly. There is plenty of time. If I am able to do it at my age, how much more can younger applicants?
  • Finally, YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL! :)

Reactions: Dilobin

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi, question lang. Kailangan bang hintayin ang result ng upfront medical test before lodging the application? I read somewhere na pag may confirmation na that you have undergone the examination, you can already submit the application. Must be from cic.gc.ca ko din nabasa. Another thing, hiningi pa ba vaccination record mo? Thanks in advance.
Di na po kelangan boss, kasi once magpa upfront po, after about a week ay automatic sending na ng panel physician yung result to embassy. Hinintay ko lang po yung results ko para po maka sigurado ako wala na magiging problema pag lodge ko ng application ko. Gaya po nung magpa upfront ako nag require pa ng additional sputum test dahil sa xray result. pero after po 1 week ay naka receive na ako ng email from embassy about dun sa additional test na kelangan i submit (take note po di pa po ako nag lodge ng visa application nun).

Kung walang makitang ibang findings boss, same day din alam mo na kung clear ka. Kasi pag hindi, sasabihin din naman nila agad sayo bago ka pauwiin.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Need advise...

Sa tingin niyo magkano po ang need ko dalhin sa canada? My sister (canadian citizen) will be providing my housing and other expenses like food and utility for the whole duration of my program.

May kakilala po kasi ako na 50kphp like dinala papuntang canada at walang problema.
Ako boss aside from my GIC certificate ay wala na ako dalang iba pang cash except a few hundred pesos pang snack lang habang naghihintay ng flight sa NAIA. Bro-in-law ko po nag provide ng accommodation namin mag-anak. Di naman nagtanong ang CBSA pag land namin sa Pearson.

bgbc1565

Jan 12, 2017
Do I need to show another 10k cad for sp minor's application to be lodged after primary sp's approval? Was initially indicated in primary sp's application that no family member will be accompanying and that pof presented was 35k cad + 10k cad tuition fee down payment. Now applying for minor separately thinking of showing the same pof. Will leave for Canada at the same time din sana. TIA!

trevetras

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
25-11-2022
AOR Received.
25-11-2022
Letter from my brother-in-law that he will provide me with room and board, together with his valid ID
Ano po kasama sa letter na ito? My sister will be providing my accommodation also throughout the duration of my program. Hindi ko lang sigurado kung ano ang dapat ilagay sa letter. Salamat po.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Do I need to show another 10k cad for sp minor's application to be lodged after primary sp's approval? Was initially indicated in primary sp's application that no family member will be accompanying and that pof presented was 35k cad + 10k cad tuition fee down payment. Now applying for minor separately thinking of showing the same pof. Will leave for Canada at the same time din sana. TIA!
eto boss ang minimum:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/get-documents.html#doc3

additional 4k for first family member and 3k naman for the next family member na isasama. so kung may pinakita na ang primary applicant na 10k, ang next family ay 4k na lang plus yung proof ng principal applicant. the more the better po

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Ano po kasama sa letter na ito? My sister will be providing my accommodation also throughout the duration of my program. Hindi ko lang sigurado kung ano ang dapat ilagay sa letter. Salamat po.
nilagay lang po ng bro-in-law ko na sa kanya ako mag stay during my studies at sya rin mag provide ng pang daily expenses ko. yung gic ko kasi itinatabi ko pang 2nd year na tuition na.

Denise888

Jan 20, 2019
Any inputs kung halimbawa may controlled asthma o mild scoliosis ang aplikante, magiging ground kaya yan sa refusal? Xray naman is clear. Just had it at a reputable hospital. Doctor certified din naman na fit to study or work overseas. From what I researched, kung may communicable disease ka or you will be a burden to their healthcare, which is yan ang major concern nila, marerefuse ka.

Di na po kelangan boss, kasi once magpa upfront po, after about a week ay automatic sending na ng panel physician yung result to embassy. Hinintay ko lang po yung results ko para po maka sigurado ako wala na magiging problema pag lodge ko ng application ko. Gaya po nung magpa upfront ako nag require pa ng additional sputum test dahil sa xray result. pero after po 1 week ay naka receive na ako ng email from embassy about dun sa additional test na kelangan i submit (take note po di pa po ako nag lodge ng visa application nun).

Kung walang makitang ibang findings boss, same day din alam mo na kung clear ka. Kasi pag hindi, sasabihin din naman nila agad sayo bago ka pauwiin.

Denise888

Jan 20, 2019
Sa letter of accommodation, pina notarize pa ba nila? Or simple letter lang po na sinasabing patitirahin kayo at sasagutin ang meals tapos pinakita ang ID nila sa embassy?

nilagay lang po ng bro-in-law ko na sa kanya ako mag stay during my studies at sya rin mag provide ng pang daily expenses ko. yung gic ko kasi itinatabi ko pang 2nd year na tuition na.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Any inputs kung halimbawa may controlled asthma o mild scoliosis ang aplikante, magiging ground kaya yan sa refusal? Xray naman is clear. Just had it at a reputable hospital. Doctor certified din naman na fit to study or work overseas. From what I researched, kung may communicable disease ka or you will be a burden to their healthcare, which is yan ang major concern nila, marerefuse ka.
basically boss, communicable disease ang major concern. sorry boss, di ako familiar sa gravity ng asthma at scoliosis. ang xray po need po na sa authorized panel physician (either iom or st. lukes lang po tinatanggap ng mbassy kung sa manila) para maging valid.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Sa letter of accommodation, pina notarize pa ba nila? Or simple letter lang po na sinasabing patitirahin kayo at sasagutin ang meals tapos pinakita ang ID nila sa embassy?
sakin boss hindi na notarized. scanned copy lang pinadala sakin ng bro-in-law ko nung signed letter at scanned copy din ng canadian passport nya. yun lang po isinubmit ko sa application ko.

Denise888

Jan 20, 2019
Yup sa kanila magmumula official results pero sinasabi din kasi nila mismo to bring to them recent xray kung meron at kung may medical condition, kumuha na ng sulat mula sa doktor na nakalagay ang gamutan and prognosis. Tingin ko para bumilis na ang proseso para sa kanila at sa aplikante. Salamat po sa pagsagot. May ilang tanong pa po ako sa ibang bagay naman. Thank you po uli.