+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

parisamei

Jul 2, 2017
Hi! I applied for a study permit together with my husband and 2 kids last June 14, 2017. I submitted via VFS Global/ Paper Application, up to now I have not heard from IRCC, I only got a confirmation email from VFS that my application has been forwarded to the Canadian Embassy last June 15. Is this normal not to have an update regarding my application? I submitted upfront medical exam too and gave all our passports. I'm a little bit anxious and scared. Hope someone can enlighten me. Thanks!
Same situation. June 15 ako nagsubmit. Nakakaloka ang waiting time. This week lang ako nakapaglink ng application e. Dami kasi nakikita ko dito na one month and few days lang may result na. Geez. Let's just pray for a positive result.

Reactions: yelaramos

Rhezie

Star Member
May 24, 2017
are you going to Centennial? cuz i'm going there and my class starts on September 5 as well hehe
No, I'm going to Fanshawe College in London, Ontario about 2 hours ride from Toronto. Have you ironed out your travel plans already? Have you purchased your ticket?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
hello po.. fresh member po ako..
is there anyone from this group na nag apply ng study permit at age of 37 na na-approve?
thanks in advance (sana may mag reply)
Age is not a factor but the GAPS in all those years.
You need to explain the gap in study.
I've started reading since page 1 of this thread. I've read along the way someone who is around 40 and got approved.

emem.cad

Jul 5, 2017
Age is not a factor but the GAPS in all those years.
You need to explain the gap in study.
I've started reading since page 1 of this thread. I've read along the way someone who is around 40 and got approved.
thank you kapatid..
narefuse kasi yung application ng husband ko na study permit and at the same time refused din yung sowp ko..
reason of rejection po are the following:
1. purpose of visit
2. current employment status
3. other reason:
upon complete review of the application, previous academic and employment history and reasonableness of undertaking the proposed studies in Canada, I am not satisfied you are a bonafide student and would depart Canada at the end of authorized stay.

we are thinking na magre-apply po, kaso unemployed ako so hinde naming sure kung magrere-apply kami na sya lang muna ang applicant?
or pwede kaya na ako ang mag apply ng study permit instead na sya since hinde ako working?
thank you po sa reply :)

grace17ca

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati
App. Filed.......
01-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-09-2017
thank you kapatid..
narefuse kasi yung application ng husband ko na study permit and at the same time refused din yung sowp ko..
1. purpose of visit
3. other reason:
upon complete review of the application, previous academic and employment history and reasonableness of undertaking the proposed studies in Canada, I am not satisfied you are a bonafide student and would depart Canada at the end of authorized stay.

we are thinking na magre-apply po, kaso unemployed ako so hinde naming sure kung magrere-apply kami na sya lang muna ang applicant?
or pwede kaya na ako ang mag apply ng study permit instead na sya since hinde ako working?

Hi kelan po kayo nag apply?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
thank you kapatid..
1. purpose of visit
3. other reason:

Explanation is too broad.
You might need caips for that.
OFW have weak ties to PH.
High chance of refusal.
You need to properly explain you are a genuine student.

emem.cad

Jul 5, 2017
Explanation is too broad.
You might need caips for that.
OFW have weak ties to PH.
High chance of refusal.
You need to properly explain you are a genuine student.
kapatid salamat ulit

my husband kasi is an electrical engineering grad and his plan is to take an accountancy course kasi most ng career nya is related sa cost control and business analysis, so his career history is mostly working with finance team, and plus when he retire, he thought na mas magagamit yung accounting course nya na 2years.. plus wala kaming nakitang 2year accountancy course sa pinas (that we know na hinde province).. these are explained in SOP

cant think of a way to convince them na talagang true yung testimony nya sa SOP

ChrisYu_

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Toronto
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Med's Request
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2017
No, I'm going to Fanshawe College in London, Ontario about 2 hours ride from Toronto. Have you ironed out your travel plans already? Have you purchased your ticket?
yup! my flight's on Sept 1 hehe... alright goodluck! :D

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
kapatid salamat ulit

my husband kasi is an electrical engineering grad and his plan is to take an accountancy course kasi most ng career nya is related sa cost control and business analysis, so his career history is mostly working with finance team, and plus when he retire, he thought na mas magagamit yung accounting course nya na 2years.. plus wala kaming nakitang 2year accountancy course sa pinas (that we know na hinde province).. these are explained in SOP

Find someone in Phil to hire you back. That mgiht help. And related dapat sa Course and current employment and job offer sa pinas.

RomanSky

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
kapatid salamat ulit

Hi @ emem.cad! Sad to hear the refusal. Newbie rin ako OFW.
Question: Nagsubmit ba kayo ng title ng properties ng family nyo? Bk isa eto rin is one reason to show strong ties.
Cost Control job: Try to consider Construction Management , prang na browse ko na me Graduate program iyan.
Usually Management Program me mga 1 or 2 accounting course subjects cla ksama Costing/Cost analysis/Management accounting(Costing).
Post graduate studies. Bk mconvince VO. gaya rin sabi ng Kapatid, CAIPS will give exact reason pro sabi ng iba matagal din makuha.

ash8fhinks

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Philippines
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
under review
Hi!! I also submitted via paper application. Actually, I think its a good thing you've not heard from them yet. They do not actually provide updates based on my experience unless they need additional documents. In my case I only linked my paper application after 4 weeks from submission to Manila VFS, that's how I learned my upfront medical was processed and I've already passed the medical exam. Then on the 5th week they emailed to ask for additional information and documents that was last June 30 then earlier today they informed me of the approval. :)
Hi po anong additional documents ung hiningI ni VO? Hiningan din kasi kami ni hubby at waiting for approval ng visa. Ka katapos lng din lahat ng medical ni hubby nung June 30. Praying na positive result.