+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

jfider

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Hello po. nagkaroon na ng update yung application ko. Followup document po which is my NBI Clearance, although nagsubmit po ako nito during the application.. tapos meron po nakalagay kasi na need po iexplain yung remarks khit "no record" ang nakalagay and should be supported by court documents. Ano po ang usual na ginagawa nyo? Nagtanong na po kasi ako sa kakilala ko sa NBI and sa Bulwagan, hindi daw po sila nagbibigay ng ganon since wla naman pong record.. Pwede po ba akong magpa-affidavit na nagpapatotoo na wala akong criminal record as per my police and NBI Clearance kaya no court documents or supporting to be provided po. Heheh. Thanks po sa sasagot..

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
jfider said:
Hello po. nagkaroon na ng update yung application ko. Followup document po which is my NBI Clearance, although nagsubmit po ako nito during the application.. tapos meron po nakalagay kasi na need po iexplain yung remarks khit "no record" ang nakalagay and should be supported by court documents. Ano po ang usual na ginagawa nyo? Nagtanong na po kasi ako sa kakilala ko sa NBI and sa Bulwagan, hindi daw po sila nagbibigay ng ganon since wla naman pong record.. Pwede po ba akong magpa-affidavit na nagpapatotoo na wala akong criminal record as per my police and NBI Clearance kaya no court documents or supporting to be provided po. Heheh. Thanks po sa sasagot..
huh, this is weird. Why would they ask you for court documents? Is there anything sa remarks sa NBI clearance mo?

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
Dollycanada said:
Hello meron b dtong OFW from middle east na na approve for student visa?
yung classmate ko sa Centennial from UAE siya at doon siya nag-apply. I'll ask her to post again here.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
nvictoria said:
Hi everyone! Newbie here.

I've been doing a lot of backreading in this thread, since I'm about to make moves in obtaining a canadian student visa. I already identified which state and what school. However, it's in Montreal, Quebec. I can tell their admission processes (both immigration and college) are somehow different.

Does anybody here who also chose the province of Quebec? Or atleast, considered it but changed mind? May i ask why aside from additional requirements like french language?

Also, i'm aware that you have to pass certificate of employment from previous jobs. But does canada immigration also conducts background investigation regarding past and current employers? Aside from validating clear for criminal records? Thank you :)
You need a certificate of acceptance (CAQ) yata as an additional requirement for studying in Montreal. But I don't know the entire process.
And yes, you might have some difficulty if you don't speak French. Kasi medyo dini-discriminate ka daw dun if you can't speak, I mean they understand English fine, it's just unspoken .... so you might have to consider that as well.

CIC might do a random check of employers, in my case they didn't contact my employers pero yung iba, yes. So it's a toss-up, but it shouldn't really be a big deal if you have nothing to hide naman.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
vanillawaffle said:
Hi! I just came across this forum and still backreading.

Just a quick question: Is it questionable if I graduated Nursing (but I never practiced, working now for a management consultancy) tapos i plan to study health care aide? And also, since 6 months lang ang program, am I allowed to stay for another 6 months after i graduated to look for a job(still as student visa)?

Can you please send me a sample din po ng SOP and study plan? kat.historybusiness@gmail.com Thank you!
A six months course will not need a student visa ata. And no, you won't be able to stay for another six months to look for a job either. So if you really want to get the PGWP, take at least a one year course.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
sarahs27 said:
I hope someone could help me regarding my case..

April 2011 finished a degree in Commerce with Major in Tourism Management, OJT in a 5star hotel, frontline / customer service job

May 2011 - January 2013 GAP (1yr, 8mos)

Feb 2013 - June 2013 frontliner job (5mos)

August 2013 - June 2014 analyst / customer service job / BPO backoffice (10mos)

July 2014 - Oct 2014 frontliner job (4mos)

After that, up to now I'm unemployed. My father got disabled, and he died early last year, i took care of him.

I am female, 27yrs old, single, no kids. I have my own car, my mom is getting old but can show a land title. My uncle will support me, currently around CAD 27,000 in his bank account, with business permits, and land titles too.

Is there a chance for my case? If there is, which is best for me to pursue, a commerce course or a tourism course?

What else can i do to boost my chances in my case?

I have travel history asean lang po: cambodia, vietnam, malaysia, thailand, indonesia, hong kong, macau (as tourist lang po talaga)

My uncle who will support me, has his own local small businesses in which it includes tourist rental rooms in palawan. i can maybe mention that, that i'm connected to it during my gaps and after my course abroad . Is that gonna help it?

Please help me, any kind of advice is so welcome, please dont hesitate :) I really want to pursue this opportunity because someone is willing to fund it. Sayang if it will go to waste. And i genuinely want to study again.

Salamat po talaga ng madami sa mga sasagot :) and congrats to those who's already there and will soon be there. God bless us all
Hi! Yes, your employment history is really spotty. This might be challenging for you, but I think you can help it with a good statement of purpose. Like choose a good course, then detail what you plan to do when (theoretically) you graduate from your course here in Canada. As in you have to make it really convincing. You don't need to mention your father's disability in your SOP, the VO won't care about that (sorry!). What you can do is make your uncle certify, if pwede, that you were his employee during 2014 to say, this year?

It's not an impossible case, but you will have to work very hard to show the visa officer that you will be employable in the Philippines when you come back. Di ka ba pwedeng maghanap ng trabaho now? Just to show you can be gainfully employed?

sarahs27 said:
Ano po meron pag babae and single?
Actually, wala. Canada will not openly discriminate against single females!

I'm single! I got in with no problem! Your problem is really your unstable work history (and the fact that the longest you lasted in any job was a little over a year) and the gaps between that and your last course of study.

vanillawaffle

Apr 17, 2017
scorpio1641 said:
A six months course will not need a student visa ata. And no, you won't be able to stay for another six months to look for a job either. So if you really want to get the PGWP, take at least a one year course.
Hi Scorpio, appreciate your reply! After backreading some more, I learned that I will have a hard time getting a SP because:
2010 - Graduated Nursing
2010-2012 - Worked as an ESL (English as Second Language) Teacher
2012-2014 - BPO
2014-up to present Admin Secretary in Bahrain

I want to take sana anything related to Health Science but i dont know how i can prove that i will go home once i finish the program since my work experiences have nothing to do with the program i took in Canada.

ChrisYu_

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Toronto
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Med's Request
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
22-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2017
Hi guys! It's me again with my makulit questions :((

Since my parents are going to be the one sponsoring me, yung sa bank statements ba pwedeng photocopy ng mga Statement of Accounts ng mga bank accounts ng parents ko? Or kelangan ba talaga magparequest from the bank nun? Like mayroon bang specific template or info na kailangan iindicate doon pag isusubmit sa CIC?

Also, to those who are planning to go or have attended Centennial, talaga bang kelangan bayaran yung full tuition amount before the deadline stated dun sa offer letter? Nakalagay kasi kelangan by June 15, 2017 nabayaran na eh medyo gipit sa oras and as much as possible, gusto ko sanang idelay yung payment until naman siguro na sure na maapprove yung study permit ko. Ayoko din naman yung biglaang malaki yung outflow nung money ng parents ko. Will they accept extensions regarding that?

Also, dun sa offer letter kasi ng Centennial, may approximate fees breakdown sila. They overestimated the fees. Are you really required to submit the fees breakdown dun sa application mo? Pagkaalam ko yung LoA lang naman ang kelangang isubmit talaga na document galing sa school. Can I just prepare my documents for the proof of funds based dun sa info na nakalagay sa CIC (the tuition fee + 10k cost of living)? I think I recall somebody bringing this up din here pero di pa ko pa din sure kung ano talaga answer.

Balak ko na magpa upfront medical sa St Lukes BGC next week, tama ba na yung eMedical information ang iuupload ko dun sa "Request for Medical Exam" na field dun sa study permit application ko sa CIC?

Last, to those who recently applied for police clearance or have applied already, is it possible na photocopies of two government IDs nalang ang iprovide? I read somewhere na pwede yun nalang iprovide and hindi na yung Cedula/Community Tax Certificate + Barangay Clearance. Police clearance (aside from NBI clearance) is also required to submit in your study permit application right? :)

Thank you so much again! :)

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
scorpio1641 said:
yung classmate ko sa Centennial from UAE siya at doon siya nag-apply. I'll ask her to post again here.

I got my approval in UAE. I think it's easier than applying from Philippines because I was not required to take medical exam.

Reactions: empressita

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hello tipsy!

Kelan mo kami bibisitahin? :p

May medical na required if coming from the Philippinese dahil kasama tayo sa top na may TB yata hehe

Regarding dun po sa na mention ko sa "single and female na marrying age", based po yun sa mga naka usap ko na na-deny and isa ito sa mga things in common sa kanila. Observation ko lang naman po yun. In Sarah's application, it just adds up dun sa inconsistency sa work po. Dami din kasi mga student dito na naghahanap na magiging asawa hehe May 5 classmate na ako na kinasal actually hehe

jjdira18

Mar 5, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-04-2021
AOR Received.
03-04-2021
Med's Done....
02-04-2021; Medical Passed 27-04-2021
Hi! They just requested for my NBI Clearance last week and gano po katagal until magchange yung status na reviewing na sila nung doc based po sa experience niyo? :)

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
jjdira18 said:
Hi! They just requested for my NBI Clearance last week and gano po katagal until magchange yung status na reviewing na sila nung doc based po sa experience niyo? :)
Your NBI is not more than 3 months old since you submit it right?

jfider

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
scorpio1641 said:
huh, this is weird. Why would they ask you for court documents? Is there anything sa remarks sa NBI clearance mo?
Hello Scorpio. Wala po. And it says,

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence.

The following documents are required to continue processing your application:

*ORIGINAL Police Certificate issued by National Bureau of Investigation.

If your NBI certificate has a "No Criminal Record," "No Pending Case," or “Record as Stated” remark,

please also submit the following:

- NBI written explanation regarding this remark

- Your own written explanation detailing the circumstances that led to filing of the case/s.

- All court documents to the criminal charge/s (** Please provide complete copies of the decision or

resolution of the case. Note that certifications from the clerks of court are not acceptable.)

This must be received at this office by: 2017/04/25

Gusto ko man pong isipin na mali yung instruction, pero need ko po na icomply na lang. I asked the NBI and Court dito and di po sila nagiissue ng explanation since wala naman daw po akong pending case nor record. haha. So, i'm wondering if meron po akong same case dito sa forum na hiningan dito ng doc na ito, and if nakapagprovide po kayo.. hehehe. Thanks po! :)

jfider

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
jjdira18 said:
Hello jjdira18! same here. After 1mon, nagrequest sila for additional doc, "NBI clearance" din. :) Although I have submitted an updated one, siguro because meron biglang "Hint" or kapangalan siguro. Are you also going for May 2017 intake?

jjdira18

Mar 5, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-04-2021
AOR Received.
03-04-2021
Med's Done....
02-04-2021; Medical Passed 27-04-2021
kapatid said:
Your NBI is not more than 3 months old since you submit it right?
Hi po! Nope. Actually kakakuha ko lang po nung NBI Clearance ko nung end of March. So bago pa siya haha