+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

maryjoane

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan-13-2016
Med's Done....
Medical Passed jan 20 2016 (second application)
Passport Req..
feb 29, 2016
Hi guys,

I have good news and bad news.. my results are already released.

bad news: I got refused

good news:reason for refusal: you are advised to apply for student permit not earlier than 3-4 months. Oh well, will just reapply by february. My program will start by May 2016

Eetsirc_20

Aug 19, 2015
Hello. Sino po ba dito yung nag submit ng documents and applied for student visa while currently unemployed? Kinakabahan ako sa application ko kc i am a nurse and i do not work full time.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Sorry to hear the sad news maryjo. I applied 5 months ahead of mine but I guess almost 10 months might be too early in their eyes (you can enter and work too early maybe?) The good news is at least you now know what went wrong and it's just a matter of time (literally) before you re-apply. :)

Cristee, you might want to read a few packages back and see the going trend for nurse applicants as of last month and this month. Good luck!

For all those who already got their visas, congratulations and I hope you can send me your email addresses so I can add you in FB. The discussions there are very handy for new comers like us :)

hiprry

Aug 27, 2015
Hi everyone,
Regard to Florje, Mic Mic...If you could help me with this

I am a Vietnamese national, living in the Philippines for almost 6 years.
I just got my Canada student visa refusal and I am preparing to reapply ASAP.
Anyone could help me to figure out my case and advice me what to do to help a good preparation to reapply the visa.

This is the result:

Travel History
Employment prospects in country of residence
Personal assets and financial status.

I having travel back and forth between Vietnam and the Philippines
I am a seminarian belong the a congregation, working in the school without payment( school belong to the congre.)

Anyone can help?

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
hello hip!

Can you share a bit more about yourself? Like age, and the program you'll be taking up? Regarding travel history, you can justify in your second attempt about your devotion and how it has limit you from traveling else where. Also, adding more than sufficient proof of funds can be a big help.

hiprry

Aug 27, 2015
mic-mic said:
hello hip!

Can you share a bit more about yourself? Like age, and the program you'll be taking up? Regarding travel history, you can justify in your second attempt about your devotion and how it has limit you from traveling else where. Also, adding more than sufficient proof of funds can be a big help.
Hi Mic-Mic,

I am 26 yrs old, have taken up 2 years Philosophy in the Philippines. I am a brother of a Roman Catholic Congregation. The congregation wants to send me to Canada to continue my study for another 2 yrs of Philosophy and about 4 yrs of Theology . The congregation will support me in everything.

Btw, the class will begin shortly in this coming Sept,2015

maryjoane

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan-13-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
feb 29, 2016
Good thing, they also indicated in my refusal letter that my medical is valid until Aug 2016. ;D ;D ;D
My husband and I will definitely reapply by February.

Based from my refusal letter, my evaluation was done in Makati Visa Office. I applied online.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Thanks for the info maryjo. I'll wait for your email address when the time comes. :)

hiprry,

In your previous application, did you show any letter coming from your sponsors stating that they will be sponsoring your studies and why they want you to study? I think this is a very strong proof in itself as long as all documents are furnished (sponsor's letter, sponsors proof of funds, acceptance letter from a school here in Canada, etc) Also, given the very short amount of time, maybe you should consider a different semester to start classes?

maryjoane

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan-13-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
feb 29, 2016
hiprry said:
Hi Mic-Mic,

I am 26 yrs old, have taken up 2 years Philosophy in the Philippines. I am a brother of a Roman Catholic Congregation. The congregation wants to send me to Canada to continue my study for another 2 yrs of Philosophy and about 4 yrs of Theology . The congregation will support me in everything.

Btw, the class will begin shortly in this coming Sept,2015

Hi,

did you provide any document or any proof that the congregation will support yur entire program? did you include affidavit of support with your application? As mic-mic said, you can indicate in your SOP that you dont have any travel history due to your focus on the congreagation. Wait, did you include a SOP along with your application?

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
maryjoane said:
Hi guys,

I have good news and bad news.. my results are already released.

bad news: I got refused

good news:reason for refusal: you are advised to apply for student permit not earlier than 3-4 months. Oh well, will just reapply by february. My program will start by May 2016
Oh sorry to hear, kaka PM ko lang sa yo kahapon not to worry lol. May ganun na palang reason ngayon ... yeah, actually advised ka to apply 6 months prior. Reapply ka na lang ulit

hiprry

Aug 27, 2015
maryjoane said:
Hi,

did you provide any document or any proof that the congregation will support yur entire program? did you include affidavit of support with your application? As mic-mic said, you can indicate in your SOP that you dont have any travel history due to your focus on the congreagation. Wait, did you include a SOP along with your application?
hi,

sad to say but I didn't include those letters even the SOP. hic.
as you have said, I need to include those supporting documents for my reapply visa.

mic-mic,
I should consider to reapply for the second sem, because the time given is too short now.

can we talk in fb for better solution mic-mic and mary joane

thank you

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
You can just PM me here. Enumerate all your questions and I'll do my best ;D

hiprry

Aug 27, 2015
mic-mic said:
You can just PM me here. Enumerate all your questions and I'll do my best ;D
Can you help me to write a SOP? I don't have any idea what to begin with. it is better if you have any samples of the letter.
Beside the requirements of Visa office, what kind of papers do I need to provide to support my document?

Ty.

hiprry

Aug 27, 2015
Venice1508 said:
Hi micmic: Congratulations! So happy for you and your family! :)
Kuya Floje: Have a safe and happy trip!!

Hi renz at coconutree version 2.0: I am still waiting for a positive outcome as of now. Yesterday, my medical has been updated to "passed" so I guess they started looking into it. Sept 8 din start ng class but I was given until Sept 22 to obtain SP. At least it would give me about a month to wait

So here's what happened for the past week, my consultant traveled to Toronto to meet with RCIC regarding my documents. I had to revise my SOP as per RCIC before lodging my application (Aug 19). I thought my SOP was well written initially that I wanted to bypass this extra step. Anyway, I am so glad I had waited for his feedback. I could have committed another mistake. I mean nothing is still certain at this point. :-X

Anyway, that was pretty much the reason why I could not update you guys before. This is my last shot as I also started looking into different route (Australia) in case things don't turn out good.

Coconutree: You're right! I am still hopeful. Please update me of your timeline, we are both for Sept. 8.

Renz: A week is still a week. It is not impossible to get a word from them within this week. :) Just pray!

Quick recap:
Reason of refusal is Travel History and Purpose of Visit.

When I applied for 2nd time, these are the changes I made:

-Proof of visas (3 Asian countries)
-Strong SOP with advise from RCIC from Toronto.
-I know I had no problem with financial previously but I put in up to CAD ~55,000 excluding CAD 16,000 (paid tuition for 1 yr) = CAD 71,000
-I declared Transfer of Credits towards my Canadian degree as per RCIC. He said it prevents redundancy of introductory courses (Physics, Chem, etc.) which might have caused the VO to think the reason why I would rather choose to take another Bachelors on previous application.
-I also presented figures of job demand in the Phils on my chosen study when I come back.
-Btw, I explained how my chosen program + Co op are not being offered anywhere in the Phils which leads to shortage and high job demand

So that's pretty much it for now. I am a bit confident with my profile now than before so if I still don't get it, maybe it's not for me. Hehe
hi venice,

can you tell me how to get contact with RCIC or a consultant?

ty

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
hiprry said:
Can you help me to write a SOP? I don't have any idea what to begin with. it is better if you have any samples of the letter.
Beside the requirements of Visa office, what kind of papers do I need to provide to support my document?

Ty.
Hello,

My SOP is not really a generic one as my case is very unique. Maybe you can search here for a generic one as there are plenty. Alongside your documents, please do not forget to attach a copy of your NBI/police clearance that is not older than 3 months on the day you submit your application. Let me take a look at your SOP once done and we'll see how we move forward from there.