+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

khoykhoy

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Krinaaa said:
hi guys im helping my brother in law to filled up the application for student permit, but i got stock in one question of the application for temporary resident visa #8
it says previous travel:
since the age of 18 or during the past 5 years, whichever is more recent......

my brother in law is 17 turning 18 on november we are to apply next week and the course start next year january thats mean he will be 18 when he arrives, so im also confuse if i should filled up the custodianship declaration :/ is there any phone from cic that they can answer this question cause he is apply in outside canada and im in canada ;D
That's interesting. I think you have to base his age on the date you will be applying. So if you will apply next week and he'll turn 18 on november, that means he's still 17 when he'll make the application. Anyway, here is the number of CIC if calling abroad(outside canada) +1 6139444000. The calling rate is quite expensive, so i reckon, if you can buy the international card to save money because it will take a few minutes before you can get through. However, i tried magic jack, it does work except when pressing the dial code for cic, but just give it a shot you'll never know. If you'll use magic jack, don't include the int'l code which is +1. Good luck to you and your brother-in-law!

scottdickson86

Dec 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VFS Makati; paper)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Jul-2014
Med's Done....
06-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2014
frustratedcanadian said:
Yep. Masters in Electrical Engineering - integrated circuits and systems research. :)

whakoko

Mar 21, 2014
Yourname said:
Those are some fast dates! Congrats!
What about the financials? Did you submit statements or bank letter? In your name or parents? Please advise
Hi @Yourname

Sorry for the late reply. Internet is a bit crazy these days

I submitted a bank certificate both here in Philippines and in Canada. All under my name. I was in Canada early this year so I opened up a savings account with RBC.

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
scottdickson86 said:
Yep. Masters in Electrical Engineering - integrated circuits and systems research. :)
they accepted our bachelor degree? Please share your bachelor degree and length of years. I am still looking for school that accepts our bachelor degree.

Anah

Jul 12, 2013
Mga kababayans,

I am applying for spousal open work permit and my kids 8 ad 4 yrs study permit
Dependent kami dahil skilled worker si husband sa Alberta.

1/ Do they need letter of acceptance from the school for primary students?
2/ Do we need to show proof of funds?

Please help. Thank you

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
Anah said:
Mga kababayans,

Please help. Thank you
Hello kababayan!! I am not sure regarding the proof of funds, ung study permit for your 4 year old i think hindi na siya needed. :)

jaydee_de_laza

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
|victoria
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I called slec earlier today and I was informed na forwarded na yung med result ko.
I had my medical exam last july 15

scottdickson86

Dec 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VFS Makati; paper)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Jul-2014
Med's Done....
06-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2014
tipsy said:
they accepted our bachelor degree? Please share your bachelor degree and length of years. I am still looking for school that accepts our bachelor degree.
They did and they do. McGill does not impose the "completion of a bachelor's plus master's" admission requirement for students from Philippines applying to their masters program. I graduated with a degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering. It's a five year-degree sa Pinas (except probably in Mapua).

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Anah said:
Mga kababayans,

Please help. Thank you
I think you need to show your / husband's proof of funds. No need for acceptance letter for minors. I actually did not apply for student visa for my 6yo daughter as minors do not need one but some members of the forum did.

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
frustratedcanadian said:
I think you need to show your / husband's proof of funds. No need for acceptance letter for minors. I actually did not apply for student visa for my 6yo daughter as minors do not need one but some members of the forum did.
Hi!! I had no idea the husband needs to show proof of funds pa pala..buti you said it, we were about to transfer his money into my account nalang.. do u have any idea how much money is needed?thank you

Torque78

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
27-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-09-2014 In God's graces!
gail yu said:
kol kaw SLEC torque,,landed n ako july 17, khit sept start program ko,,,wala nman issues y I arrived too early from the immigration here..
Thanks for the advice @gail yu! So happy for you, good luck! & good luck too for all of us waiting.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
businessgirl2014 said:
Hi!! I had no idea the husband needs to show proof of funds pa pala..buti you said it, we were about to transfer his money into my account nalang.. do u have any idea how much money is needed?thank you
Present yours and your husbands kasi he will be the one supporting you while wala ka pang work sa canada.

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
frustratedcanadian said:
Present yours and your husbands kasi he will be the one supporting you while wala ka pang work sa canada.
i see.. anyhow, we have emplyed the help of an agency din naman, i am sure they will advise us what to do by then, but i am still very thankful for the information you have posted, we would have transferred his account into mine otherwise. Godbless!!