+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
tipsy said:
so opening a bank account needs LOA from the school? I am planning to open this Aug when I visit canada so that when I come there next year around July. I can immediately send my money to my bank account without carrying with me, $100 maintaining balance I think is safe. Do you think its possible?
It actually depends on the bank. They have all the information in their website or send them an email for your queries. As for the LOA, I was talking about the visa application.

gail yu

May 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-4-14
Med's Request
27-04-14
Med's Done....
06-05-14
Passport Req..
03-06-14
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-14
LANDED..........
17-07-14
received PPR last June 3, 2014 but no email for LOI till now.. bakit kaya? kinakabahan na ako..

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
hopeful83 said:
Thank u. How old is ur son/ daughter? mka reciv din ba ng email na for delivery na yun docs. Sa amin kasi we applied sa enhance Visa then cla daw mka reciv ng docs. Possible daw approve or disapprove sa dependents ko wait nlng daw kami sa original docs. If hindi cla ma approve, hindi ako tutuloy.hindi kaya ma blacklist ako?
Hi! My daughter is 6yo. We only get her a TRV and not a student visa as advised by our consultant. So we did not recv any email for her. Yung docs were not for delivery kasi we opted to pick them up at VFS. We got a text from vfs the day after we got the email that we can already pick up our passports.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
tipsy said:
so opening a bank account needs LOA from the school? I am planning to open this Aug when I visit canada so that when I come there next year around July. I can immediately send my money to my bank account without carrying with me, $100 maintaining balance I think is safe. Do you think its possible?
Hi! When I visited canada last year on a tourist visa, I was able to open a bank acct with RBC by just presenting my passport although this was supported by my brother who was also a depositor of that bank. I told the bank lady (haha i do not know whats her position) that I will come back this year to study in Canada.

whakoko

Mar 21, 2014
tipsy said:
You don't need the LOA if you are going to open up an account with RBC specifically. Since you are going to Canada on visit visa they will just require you a person to vouch (guarantor) you. Someone who has an existing account with them and you'll gonna create a joint account. Then once you have the study permit, you may or may not retain the joint account, its up to you. If you opt to create your own personal account, you can just inform your account manager. Just show your study permit and they will be able to do that for you.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
whakoko said:
You don't need the LOA if you are going to open up an account with RBC specifically. Since you are going to Canada on visit visa they will just require you a person to vouch (guarantor) you. Someone who has an existing account with them and you'll gonna create a joint account. Then once you have the study permit, you may or may not retain the joint account, its up to you. If you opt to create your own personal account, you can just inform your account manager. Just show your study permit and they will be able to do that for you.
@tipsy whakoko is correct

dk101

Jul 29, 2013
hello everyone!!

waaaaahh finally i filed my study permit application na last June 11, 2014. woooohhoooo!! go Lord!!

medjo kabado moments na. hehehe. question, will you receive a text/email alert if the docs are forwarded to CEM already? I just received ung from vfs that they have received the application and will forward the next working day pero ung actual receipt ng documents ni CEM di ko alam..

thankssss!! :)

Let's all pray for each other. Praise God sa mga updates na nakatanggap na ng visa :)))

Torque78

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
27-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-09-2014 In God's graces!
dk101 said:
hello everyone!!

waaaaahh finally i filed my study permit application na last June 11, 2014. woooohhoooo!! go Lord!!

medjo kabado moments na. hehehe. question, will you receive a text/email alert if the docs are forwarded to CEM already? I just received ung from vfs that they have received the application and will forward the next working day pero ung actual receipt ng documents ni CEM di ko alam..

thankssss!! :)

Let's all pray for each other. Praise God sa mga updates na nakatanggap na ng visa :)))
goodluck! Let us keep the faith!

Torque78

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
27-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-09-2014 In God's graces!
Hello guys! Ask ko lang po in filling up IMM1294E, Sections 4&5 of Details of Intended Study in Canada, what should I put in "OTHER" atsaka in "FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR MY STAY." I would like to clarify if I should indicate here the Personal Expenses I will, in estimate, incur during the total years of stay? Tama ba? In which section ko mailalagay ang total money ko(& since I have my family member who gave affidavit of support)? Meron ba nun? Please help, so confused.. :'(

hopeful83

May 14, 2014
frustratedcanadian said:
Hi! My daughter is 6yo. We only get her a TRV and not a student visa as advised by our consultant. So we did not recv any email for her. Yung docs were not for delivery kasi we opted to pick them up at VFS. We got a text from vfs the day after we got the email that we can already pick up our passports.
Just an update. All Praises and Glory to God!!! so happy, we got our visas already me- student, daughter-TRV and husband TRV. yung husband mo frustrated canadian and DBC TRV din ba na multiple? dba automatic nmn ngayon for open work permit?

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
hopeful83 said:
Just an update. All Praises and Glory to God!!! so happy, we got our visas already me- student, daughter-TRV and husband TRV. yung husband mo frustrated canadian and DBC TRV din ba na multiple? dba automatic nmn ngayon for open work permit?
Hi. No you have to also apply for an OWP. What form did u submit ba for your husband? Open work permit kasi nakalagay dun sa stamped visa ni hubby. Si baby naman is tourist visa talaga since we applied for that.

whakoko

Mar 21, 2014
Hi everyone,

Ask lang ako kung san hospital/clinic ang pinaka mabilis mag transmit ng medical results sa embassy based on your experiences?
I appreciate your response.

thanks

dbc

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/03/2016
AOR Received.
23-3-2016
Med's Done....
Feb. 2016
hopeful83 said:
Congrats! :)When we applied for student/owp we already have an existing TRV (multiple), but they gave us work visa for my spouse, while I and my daughter student visa (she's 6yo). frustratedcanadian is right, you should have submitted the owp form together with the trv same w/ your daughter (as student). In my case I didn't fill up TRV form kase may existing na kame.
whakoko said:
Hi everyone,

Ask lang ako kung san hospital/clinic ang pinaka mabilis mag transmit ng medical results sa embassy based on your experiences?

thanks
Well, definitely not SLEC global, heheh it took almost a month before they forwarded our results. But I guess it depends kase we applied as family kaya siguro matagal.

Jewelz

Jun 18, 2014
hi everyone, i am new here. ;D i am about to lodge my application this late june. i have been accepted in Niagara College with a certificate course of personal support worker for 1 year. i have a study gap since i graduated last 2012. i already have three children and i stayed as a housewife since i passed the board exam. my parents would financially sponsor me through out my study and living in canada. i already paid my 1 year tuition and i have enough sufficient funds as myshow money. i am hoping i will be accpeted. do u think i have big chances of getting approved? pls share some tips ??? thanks in advance